Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hand Cramping under braking

19x18 Brembo MC is a nice upgrade and I had one on my race bike, but I found that the stock Brembo works very well (I even turned faster lap times with it Guess I didn't slow down as much) and is much cheaper and should work on your GSXR very nicely.
    Bikes Owned
    Suzuki GS750 /Street
    Kawasaki ZX900/Street
    Yamaha FZR400/Street-Race
    Honda CBR600/Street/Race
    MuZ650/Race
    MuZ720/Race
    Honda Hawk GT650/Race
    Moto Guzzi LeMans1000/Street
    Kawasaki ZX600R/Race
    Suzuki SV650/race
    Aprilia RSV-R/Race
    Suzuki SV650 Superbike /Race
    2003 Aprilia RSVR /Street

Current Rides
    2003 Buell XB9R/Race
    Harley Daivdson FLXR Road King/Street

Quote Originally Posted by Muz720 View Post
    19x18 Brembo MC is a nice upgrade and I had one on my race bike, but I found that the stock Brembo works very well (I even turned faster lap times with it Guess I didn't slow down as much) and is much cheaper and should work on your GSXR very nicely.
    The 06 GSXR MC is crap, nothing like the OEM Brembo on my old RSV.
    I found some R6 OEM brembo MC but they want way to much for them.

I am talking about the OEM Brembo from a APE. Or even a Ducati!
    Bikes Owned
    Suzuki GS750 /Street
    Kawasaki ZX900/Street
    Yamaha FZR400/Street-Race
    Honda CBR600/Street/Race
    MuZ650/Race
    MuZ720/Race
    Honda Hawk GT650/Race
    Moto Guzzi LeMans1000/Street
    Kawasaki ZX600R/Race
    Suzuki SV650/race
    Aprilia RSV-R/Race
    Suzuki SV650 Superbike /Race
    2003 Aprilia RSVR /Street

Current Rides
    2003 Buell XB9R/Race
    Harley Daivdson FLXR Road King/Street

apriliaforum expert The Commissar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wrx_02 View Post
    No blisters here. Can't say the same for my golfing skills but I am light on the throttle. I am usually floating my hands over the throttle as I lay into it.
    Only time I really grab on is when I get out of the tuck and on the brakes.

I do trail brake. Front brake only. Hard on the brakes until I hit the turn in point and slowly let off before the first apex. Is this correct?

Yeah I have been trying to find out what Pads I have on this bike. It may be part of the issue also.
    The calipers are fine on the 06's, I have SS lines and good fluid. So it's the MC or the pads. I will replace both but don't want to get an MC then burn up crappy pads.

Oh no, it's the Master Cyl.

You can put Brembo or Ferodo pads on that bike and it'll still stop like someone has a bit of string hooked onto the swingarm.

Spend the 350 bones on an RCS. You'll be able to stop with your pinkie.

I don't need an RSC just the 19x18. It is a track bike only so no need for the brake switch.

I think I will go with the Versah pads.

I am going to check it out before the next event at Cresson May 12th. Hope to see you there, I have yet to ride in a track day with you.
    Thanks for the heads up, LSTD on a Saturday on a track that is only 3 hours away is definitely doable. I'll see if I can't drag some other guys along too.

Quote Originally Posted by Ted / AF1 Racing View Post
    Thanks for the heads up, LSTD on a Saturday on a track that is only 3 hours away is definitely doable. I'll see if I can't drag some other guys along too.
    I am sure Tom@LSTD may have some more questions by then about his 04 RSV he bought. I am suppose to look and tell him if he has light wheels or the cast fakes. They are painted over right now so he is unsure. I am suppose to have 1 on 1 instruction there in Intermediate level. If you can make it cool if not I'll see ya at the next race or something.

OK got some salt tablets for water retention and they actually really really help with my hands cramping.
    Took 1 pill with a bottle right when I got there. Did the first session and my hands cramped a little. Then at the 2nd hour I took another pill.

After 2 sessions my hands didn't bother me once. Maybe I was just running low on water and I was sweating out the 3 bottles between every session.

On the Englandshire side of the Welsh Border
    Tonic water...drink lots...it has quinnene...and will deffo help cramps a bit.

There is a spray called SCHUESSLER TISSUE SALTS ORAL SPRAY that sprayed onto your tongue relieves cramps in less that a minute. It contains magnesium as do bananas another good track food. Some form of liquid to replace fluid losses etc is pretty standard track fair.

catch ewe later bob

Wish someone would had just suggested it first. I spent this whole time moving my lever and clip ons. Worrying about how I am riding, when I just needed a little help.

See if you can get your doc to prescribe some potassium pills. That should help.
    Bikes:
    2007.5 Tuono-Black, with 1102cc's of micah's badness!
    2012 Griso-Silver and black, Agostini pipe, some carbon bits.
    2006 Vespa GT200-bitubo suspension all around, Malossi big-bore, head and cam, Akrapovic pipe, all put together by Micah.

gone 2002 Caponord-Oyster gray (as faithful as a hound dog)
    gone Futura-Red (on the AF1 showroom floor. Get some.)

The more I learn about people, the more I appreciate rocks.

Quote Originally Posted by jrflanne View Post
    See if you can get your doc to prescribe some potassium pills. That should help.
    Yeah I looked into those years ago when I was running a lot. He said to eat a banana and it would be better.
    I don't like banana's

The potassium pills they sell at GNC or anywhere are weak. I'd have to eat the whole bottle. Good idea for anyone that likes bananas though.

Yeah I looked into those years ago when I was running a lot. He said to eat a banana and it would be better.
    I don't like banana's

The potassium pills they sell at GNC or anywhere are weak. I'd have to eat the whole bottle. Good idea for anyone that likes bananas though.
    Hey dude...

A couple of thoughts...might be out of left field...

1) Gloves are they too tight, especially around your wrist? If you've got a strap at your wrist, leave it as loose as possible. Even loose, your gloves may be a scosch tight (technical term). I experienced the same symptoms early in my LD days...but I wasn't using the brake...or even the throttle much. Tight gloves were causing my hands to cramp!

2) Any chance you're taking CHL medication? I argued with my doc for four years that my meds were causing cramping, especially at the track and when I coached (SERIOUS FREAKING PAINFUL LEG CRAMPS!!!) He said maybe but he doubted it. I got my health up a bit and dropped that med. Cramps went away....

3) Stop looking at girlie mags?
    Allen Dye

MSF Ridercoach

'02 Aprilia Mille R (About to be a racer)
    '02 Aprilia Futura (Rooster)
    Ducati 748/699 (CMRA Racer)

Wait, 3 doesn't really cause cramps does it???? F8ck me, my leg cramps may not have been the nerves in my back after all!!!
    Oscar Wilde: "I don't want to go to Heaven; none of my friends are there."

2010 Black Mana GT
    RSV4 Factory OZ wheels, RSV4 Sachs adjustable Forks, RSV4 brembo 100mm monobloc brakes, RSV4 Factory Rotors, Pilot Road 2 Spec B tires, HyperPro Lowered Suspension, Leo Vince Exhaust, HID Hi/Lo lights,Carbon Front Fender, Carbon LED mirrors, Carbon Heel-guards, cut rear tail, DD Aluminum brake lever, Frame Sliders, Puig Chin Fairing, Rear Hugger, Kaoko Throttle Lock, MFW adjustable footpegs, Custom Painted Wheels/Rotors/Brakes Valentine One Radar, voltmeter, Tach, removed evap can, and lots o decals

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast