Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Updated stator and rotor cost per country

wonderful :s

Quote Originally Posted by chris vosberg View Post
    It is better to stagger the solder points an inch at least to avoid shorting possibilities.
    Wanted to highlight, I also try and do this any time the situation will allow for it. Piece of mind for me

makes no difference if you insulate them correctly

Quote Originally Posted by BB1000 View Post
    makes no difference if you insulate them correctly
    heat and wear can happen depending on your method of insulation. in this case i used a thick wire shrink wrap for them, but if Im doing something smaller and happen to use a different method I think it helps. Tell you what... it dont hurt!

apriliaforum newb
    Hi guys,

The stator was burnt on my 06 Tuono, so it will be replaced with the latest 370w stator+rotor. I have done that brown connector modification earlier. Will the brown connectors now also be replaced with the new stator+rotor kit? I hope not, it's just a matter of time then to see the new brown connector melting again... thanks!

apriliaforum Member Tikitulamutu's Avatar
    Hi mates.

I got a little bit of trouble here with the p/n.

the p/n you posted here is: AP0296988
    But in the shop the p/n's are : AP0296987 and AP0296985.
    At first I thought that the 350 w rotor and stator was AP0296987 p/n but then I saw this post and well, the AP0296988 does not appear on the web so I just wanted to make sure that I am right on this if I order it...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	table_72_80dj_c.jpg 
Views:	97 
Size:	90.1 KB 
ID:	220248

apriliaforum newb
    Anyone got any idea if there's a UK dealer offering the same price??? I'd be happy with that! As a new owner of a 2004 RSVR Factory, I love the bike to bits but all this posting about it's inherent problems is making me a little nervous I have to be honest???? just waiting for my bike to implode as I ride it Duoh!! I had selected the RSV as I couldn't afford the service and reliability of a Ducati, hope I haven't made a mistake??? plus, holding onto the bars with my fingers crossed all the time isn't half uncomfortable lol!!!

apriliaforum Member
    I don't know if this is of any interest to anyone on what I did on my 08 factory stator after it fried itself

http://apriliarsv.com/aprilia-rsvr/1...tml#post190680

^^^
    One can either treat the symptom or the cause... and this thread represents the probable cause as in being too much magnetic flux major factor in stator over-heating, subsequently linked (by the manufacturer) to inconsistent permanent magnet strength in the rotor.

While series regulators may help those (like you) that have defective rotors, I personally can't agree with this resolution as a true viable "fix". Seems like addressing the symptom. AKA, the bike doesn't have a problem due to its lack of having a series regulator. Series regulation is actually "unnatural" on PMA devices when you understand the constant-current principles of electro-magnetic inductors and permanent fields.

apriliaforum Member
    Nice observation that. Not sure how to answer that except my bikes electrical system is running better than it ever has done before and its fitted to all Harley Davidson and not many of them fry their stators or keep getting flat batteries. Series regulators are also fitted to loads of other charging systems and they don't have problems. I can actually see as I ride the bike the battery getting more and more charged as the charging current decreases so does the voltage reading. I also know that if the charging current is decreasing so is the load on my stator. How cool is that.... ? I can actually tell if my battery is a little flat by the charging current. I think its brilliant and it is far better than the OEM R/R by far. Personally whether you have a defective rotor or not I think that this is actually a good mod to do as an upgrade. You fit better tires, you fit better leavers, you fit better exhausts etc etc, why not fit a better R/R.

If there is something wrong with the set up and the compufire R/R then please tell me as I am unaware of anything and I don't want to break anything. But as far as I am concerned at the moment the OEM R/R is pants and so is the wiring that goes to the battery and to the stator. I could be wrong. Please correct me if I am.

I found out that Denso (US electronics company I believe. Make spark plugs and that) got the contract to make the new flywheels. It was them who fucked them up by making the magnets too strong. Aprilia knew about it but didn't recall all bikes and charge Denso the cost, they just didn't tell anyone and brought out a replacement stator (probably free from Denso. Good for aprilia) and kept it quiet. If a bike broke down under warranty then the replacement stator that was being sent was actually the new upgraded one, but nobody knew. Not even most of the aprilia mechanics. Very naughty of them. Probably didn't want Denso in the US up setting aprilia bike sales in the US or something like that. Those outside of warranty had to pay for it. Probably didn't cost aprilia a penny as they were probably free from Denso and they are making big bucks from it. Again good for aprilia. Isn't industry wonderful.... Brilliant

Well, thats what I think anyway
    Last edited by albrown001; 05-15-2013 at 06:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tikitulamutu View Post
    Hi mates.

I got a little bit of trouble here with the p/n.

the p/n you posted here is: AP0296988
    But in the shop the p/n's are : AP0296987 and AP0296985.
    At first I thought that the 350 w rotor and stator was AP0296987 p/n but then I saw this post and well, the AP0296988 does not appear on the web so I just wanted to make sure that I am right on this if I order it...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	table_72_80dj_c.jpg 
Views:	97 
Size:	90.1 KB 
ID:	220248
    http://www.af1racing.com/store/scrip...dproduct=27390

apriliaforum Member leenineplus's Avatar
    110. Fitted myself and did the wiring mod. Also a new rectifier 85 at the same time. Ricks motorsport.

Fitted what? New rotor and stator or just stator

apriliaforum Member leenineplus's Avatar
    Fitted the new stator, rotor, rectifier and did the wiring mod. All still appears okay at present.

apriliaforum newb
    Quote Originally Posted by leenineplus View Post
    Fitted the new stator, rotor, rectifier and did the wiring mod. All still appears okay at present.
    Can you tell me what you got for 110 and where and how?

I need to get mine fixed, burnt out at the weekend.

I was going to go to the hassle of rewiring my stator with thicker wire and less turns to try and help.. but if there is a Rotor replacement with the over strong magnets fixed..

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast