Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Updated stator and rotor cost per country

Updated stator and rotor cost per country

Personally I am content with the solution that Piaggio is offering over here!

Lets keep this thread about how much it costs to have the updated set fitted please.
    'Before you criticise someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticise them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.'

Quote Originally Posted by mini_me View Post
    The Netherlands:
    Total cost for replacing the stator and rotor EUR 100 including parts and labour.
    Proof of dealer service history NOT needed, NO need to be in warrenty period, and it CAN be an imported bike as well.
    you've got a very good option from your importor! great!
    ECU tuning and reflashes since 2004!
    www.gabroracingteam.it

Visit my FB page and like it!
    https://www.facebook.com/gabroracingteam

apriliaforum Junkie warren kiernan's Avatar
    my 05 rsvr cost me $1100 in new zealand 2 years ago including labour

Actually the importer is..... Piaggio!
    'Before you criticise someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticise them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.'

Actually the importer is..... Piaggio!
    nice to know :P
    ECU tuning and reflashes since 2004!
    www.gabroracingteam.it

Visit my FB page and like it!
    https://www.facebook.com/gabroracingteam

apriliaforum Member chris vosberg's Avatar
    My Stator fried at 28180 miles. Ok, so it lasted a long time, but other automotive applications are good for 150,000 miles!

So , after testing and getting only 2 VAC out of each stator wires, I ordered a new stator from Rick's via AF1Racing.com for $140 American. Replacement is straightforward with no special tools required. In the manual, a special tool is shown for assisting in pulling the ignition cover off after removing the ten allen screws, it is simply a knurled handle that helps you get a grip on the cover to fight the magnetic force of the rotor acting on the stator. Unnecessary.

The manual tells us to apply locktite on the internals, just don't overdo it. One tiny drop on the of the screw threads is all I ever use. They may never come out again in one piece. A good idea for some may be to take photos as you disassemble for reference in reassembling. Specifically, the stator wire routing and securing bracket.

Rather than using crimp butt splices, I soldered the wires and doubled the shrink-wrap under the conduit. It is better to stagger the solder points an inch at least to avoid shorting possibilities. Just be sure to slide the shrink-wrap on the wires BEFORE soldering the wires together.

I believe my first indication that something was amiss was the loss of a cylinder firing while buzzing through a city street. This would happen maybe 30 times in 15 seconds, but varied a good deal. It would idle, (tick over) perfectly and it would not show symptoms in place. Next was no starting, just the solenoid ticking. I don't know if having to replace my five year old battery in February had anything to do with this stator failing slowly or not. I had ridden 2100 miles since fitting the new battery with no grief.

Best of luck , mates! I guess it just my turn. BTW, my brown and my white connectors are perfect, no connection to the stator problem.
    Attitude - It takes 43 muscles to
    frown and 17 to smile, but only
    three for proper trigger squeeze!

apriliaforum Member
    I just had the regulator/rectifier replaced under warranty on my five year old 2008 Kawasaki ZX-10R last Friday four years after warranty expiration. In and out in and out in an hour. Quick and painless. Kawasaki seems to be the only one of the Japanese companies to ignore the world wide recession and turn out new products. It's showing in their sales too.

apriliaforum prov-nov Ibanezwizz's Avatar

Lets keep this thread about how much it costs to have the updated set fitted please.
    Could you give us some details please. We are in EU, so I could order this stator directly from Netherlands? Is it OEM stator? Thanks.

"Racing is living, everything else is just waiting" Steve McQueen

apriliaforum newb
    Are there any walkthroughs or DIY guides for stator replacement???

Quote Originally Posted by Ibanezwizz View Post

Could you give us some details please. We are in EU, so I could order this stator directly from Netherlands? Is it OEM stator? Thanks.
    No, you have to bring in your bike and the dealer than has to perform some tests and submit the tests to Aprilia.

You cant just simply order a cheap rotor...

Quote Originally Posted by asofi View Post
    Are there any walkthroughs or DIY guides for stator replacement???
    Please dont use this sticky for questions like these.

that sucks ....looks like to perm fix it then ffs

can't even find the updated rotor on any UK part sites .... starting to hate aprilia ... maybe time to exchange for a boring Honda lol

Quote Originally Posted by Kernel K View Post
    Just out of curiosity I googled APO296988 and got linked to the AJ Sutton company in Great Britain. They supply what looks like the rotor and stator for 381.35 British pounds + about 39 British pounds to ship. Using a currency converter I calculated that it would cost $621.60. It looks like you can pay using Paypal.
    I entered the part number on their site .... 586

No, you have to bring in your bike and the dealer than has to perform some tests and submit the tests to Aprilia.

You cant just simply order a cheap rotor...
    25 posts in, and I see the confusion now. Many are simply "looking up" the part costs directly - which are considerably higher, while it seems what mini_me has taken advantage of some type of "manufacturer replacement program". Therefore the reduced price (aka bargain) justification is because Aprilia is recognizing their defect, thus are offering a "reduced" cost for those that they can verify actually needing it. Is that about correct mini_me?

So everyone should go to their dealers in their respective countries to get more info on this "program". But it's 1st I've heard of it... so would someone besides mini_me care to verify this in other countries, then post the cost as the sticky incites?

Updated stator and rotor cost per country

Correct. The Netherlands and Italy are the only 2 countries with some sort of arrangement in place at present.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast