Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Potential custom tuning solution

apriliaforum Junkie DownUnderDorso's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Micah / AF1 Racing View Post
    You can...after you do the FatDuc trick they tune fine using a 06-10 Tuono PCV. The FatDuc was the missing link for me to get them to tune.
    Cool ! Am I right in assuming that this is the same missing link for the Bazzaz Z-Fi ??

Bike Garage:
    2009 Aprilia Dorsoduro - Mods: Akra Ti/CF cans, LV De-Cat, FatDuc, STM Slipper Clutch (w/ see thru!), Samco Hoses, 520 DID/PBR conv, RSV4-R Factory Forged Rims, Power Pures, Matris Fork Inserts, Factory Shock, Braking SK2 Superlights, ProTaper Bars on billet Tuono risers, DNA Air Filter, 'Big Mouth' Air Box, Gel Seat, Evo-Tech FE, R&G Sliders, Ballastic Battery, Ti Nuts & Bolts, Lightech Alloy Nuts & Bolts, Stompgrip, Factory Carbon F... Kompo-tech Tail fairing, Raptor Ti Supermoto Footpegs, OEM less 27kgs and counting !
    2007 CBR1000RR - Modified Track-Ho. 1000RR.NET "BIKE OF THE MONTH" Winner Feb 2014 >>> http://www.1000rr.net/forums/bike-mo...inner-tcp.html

Watching with a heightened level of interest - feels like this puzzle is getting close to being solved.
    BLOG = http://bitsar.blogspot.com.au

Life
    is Complex
    :: {It has an (i)maginary component && a (R)eal component}

apriliaforum newb
    Rather odd as the fat duck was first made for the Ducati as they too have had major problems with the Diavel and Multi Strada 1200, exactly the same scenario as the Aprilia. If you read the Ducati forums as I have and own a Multi this device ended up in the bin.
    No one can do what RexXer has achieved I have 3 bikes that have the Rexxer in them I have tried the power Commander and the Bazzaz they went into the bin too.Not really they are sitting under my work bench collecting dust
    I can understand peoples thoughts on this matter as having someone mess with the brain that runs the engine room.
    Rexxer works in real time its no bolt on external module that receives signals from the ecu and either richens or leans out the fuel table and no change to advance or retard table, does not trick the ecu into thinking that air temp sensor is something else,switches of lambda sensors and exhaust valves.I was told that they can design a one off map suited to your engine.I have to take my hat of to these guys for bringing use this much needed technology,this is nothing more than the real thing that the factory does plug into the ecu and download a map just like the dealers do when they upgrade your ECU!! all delivered from the factory,they are seriously governed by world emission, build a bike and it does not meet immersion standards it does not leave the factory end of story.I'm sure they would love use to have what we all would like but for them its not possible as it is to were we are now.Take it or leave it the Rexxer is real.
    Last edited by fastest; 06-30-2012 at 01:28 AM. Reason: pc crash

Honest always, feared often Micah / AF1 Racing's Avatar
    So by chance do you work for Rexxer? It is not a common brand here in the USA, actually even I have never seen one. Tell me more or link if you can and I will look into their system.
    Diminished expectations is the key to happiness in life.

Micah Shoemaker
    AF1 Racing
    9900 IH35N
    Austin, TX 78753
    micah@af1racing.com
    @ShoemakerMicah
    @AF1Racingaustin

Just made a call to a local rexxer dealership.
    he told me they had verry good results on all the bike's that they programmed, they had no shiver done yet.
    so no i'm in doubt, spending 100$ on the FD device or spend 299$ on the rexxer tuning map.
    Aprilia Shiver My10
    Pazzo levers, Roads Italia carbon muflers, LV-decat, DNA filter, Matris cartridge set, RBT rear sets, Seat cover, OZ Factory wheels, 15T with 520 chain conversion, Rizoma handlebar.
    Goodie's to follow: ProBolt titanium/alu bolt and nut conversion, Samco Hose set.
    Conclusion: Making a factory Shiver

I know at least four people will be reporting results soon so we shall see. The bike I did a six months back is still running perfect so it is looking good thus far. I do want to know more about Rexxer though, always interested in options I have not used or even heard of.

Micah Shoemaker
    AF1 Racing
    9900 IH35N
    Austin, TX 78753
    micah@af1racing.com
    @ShoemakerMicah
    @AF1Racingaustin

apriliaforum prov-nov
    Rexxer's homepage shows a Dutch (TML) and a German (Danielemoto) bike shop as the distributors, but it remains rather in the dark who actually makes these things.

http://www.rexxer.eu/e_impressum.cfm

Very interesting link and much like Pasani or Unleashed very short on details. The fact that they even offer edit software though is promising. Might have to talk to them....I just want full control of the RBW bikes, Mana, and Vespa scooter ecu's...not asking too much right?

Micah Shoemaker
    AF1 Racing
    9900 IH35N
    Austin, TX 78753
    micah@af1racing.com
    @ShoemakerMicah
    @AF1Racingaustin

apriliaforum newb
    You may find some useful information here on the rexxer http://www.torquepowermotorcycles.com.au/

apriliaforum Member
    Looks like Rexer lists at least five USA "Rexxer Points"
    -------------
    "I hope you succeed, but no matter what happens, Godzilla will live."

I found several rexxer points in belgium and neighbour country's, so i send some e-mails and made some phonecalls for more info.
    each time the same answer.
    every bike that we programmed is working fine and made better performance.
    no sire we did not programmed aprilia shiver or dorsoduro, but we are sure it will work fine.
    so no real proof of it.

maybe fastest can show us some proof???
    Aprilia Shiver My10
    Pazzo levers, Roads Italia carbon muflers, LV-decat, DNA filter, Matris cartridge set, RBT rear sets, Seat cover, OZ Factory wheels, 15T with 520 chain conversion, Rizoma handlebar.
    Goodie's to follow: ProBolt titanium/alu bolt and nut conversion, Samco Hose set.
    Conclusion: Making a factory Shiver

Sorry if I some how missed it, but what range potentiometer is being used? Is it just the pot in line, or any other components in the fatduc besides connectors and a pot?
    2009 Dorsoduro (current)
    2009 Shiver (too small)
    1983 Suzuki GSX400E (wish i kept her)
    2002 Yamaha BWS

Nothing other than connectors and potentiometer. Not at work today, will measure resistance range on one tomorrow if someone remembers to remind me....cause I will forget...

Micah Shoemaker
    AF1 Racing
    9900 IH35N
    Austin, TX 78753
    micah@af1racing.com
    @ShoemakerMicah
    @AF1Racingaustin

apriliaforum Junkie DownUnderDorso's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by donimo View Post
    Sorry if I some how missed it, but what range potentiometer is being used? Is it just the pot in line, or any other components in the fatduc besides connectors and a pot?
    Looking at the picture on the previous page, there does look to be at least 2 other 'resistor/diode shaped' components under the heatshrink.

Looks easy to open up and work out...

Bike Garage:
    2009 Aprilia Dorsoduro - Mods: Akra Ti/CF cans, LV De-Cat, FatDuc, STM Slipper Clutch (w/ see thru!), Samco Hoses, 520 DID/PBR conv, RSV4-R Factory Forged Rims, Power Pures, Matris Fork Inserts, Factory Shock, Braking SK2 Superlights, ProTaper Bars on billet Tuono risers, DNA Air Filter, 'Big Mouth' Air Box, Gel Seat, Evo-Tech FE, R&G Sliders, Ballastic Battery, Ti Nuts & Bolts, Lightech Alloy Nuts & Bolts, Stompgrip, Factory Carbon F... Kompo-tech Tail fairing, Raptor Ti Supermoto Footpegs, OEM less 27kgs and counting !
    2007 CBR1000RR - Modified Track-Ho. 1000RR.NET "BIKE OF THE MONTH" Winner Feb 2014 >>> http://www.1000rr.net/forums/bike-mo...inner-tcp.html

Quote Originally Posted by DownUnderDorso View Post
    Looking at the picture on the previous page, there does look to be at least 2 other 'resistor/diode shaped' components under the heatshrink.

Looks easy to open up and work out...
    Yeah that's why I asked, could range from "not so" to "very" in importance. Probably just fuses, but if it's resistors/diodes then it will effect the end result.

I am not an electronics engineer, but I do fix medical equipment for a living. I have the abilities to make and test this with no qualms, I just want to make it properly the first time.

100% willing to help out and provide info as well.
    2009 Dorsoduro (current)
    2009 Shiver (too small)
    1983 Suzuki GSX400E (wish i kept her)
    2002 Yamaha BWS

Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast