Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Potential custom tuning solution

Sounds good to me

as does this Rexxer thingy

I can't believe I've just come across this thread now. I'm in Melbourne too. Who and where is this MPR that you speak of. I need to contact them ASAP. Where in Melbourne are you Man Hands ? I wouldn't mind catching up with you for a ride and a face to face chat on this topic.

apriliaforum newb
    MPR Bikes - End of Fourth Ave, Sunshine ph. 9311 4422.

I'm in Broadmeadows mate, a ride sounds good. I was thinking about going out this Sunday but not sure what the weather's gonna be like. At this stage the forecast says showers and coldness!

Quote Originally Posted by Man Hands View Post

I'm in Broadmeadows mate, a ride sounds good. I was thinking about going out this Sunday but not sure what the weather's gonna be like. At this stage the forecast says showers and coldness!
    That's cool. I'm from Greensborough but I'm living in Epping at the moment and I work in Campbellfield so pretty close hey.
    Unfortunately I recently damaged my knee that I had reconstructed a few years ago so I may be out of action for a few weeks.

I'm currently running a LV De-cat & Akrapovics + a DNA filter so I'm very interested in what MPR can do in regards to mapping.
    I do also have a Kevxtx AIT mod on the DD which is really good in regards to the fuelling but obviously doesn't resolve the mapping
    issues we have with these bikes.

apriliaforum Member
    Is there an update on performance and did you have it dyno'ed?

apriliaforum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Man Hands View Post

Hi
    Do you have an update on the performance after having the Rexxer map installed?

apriliaforum Junkie DownUnderDorso's Avatar
    I hope to have some before & after dyno data to report on in a few days time.

Bike is currently at the shop and waiting for a revised to map to suit...

Bike Garage:
    2009 Aprilia Dorsoduro - Mods: Akra Ti/CF cans, LV De-Cat, FatDuc, STM Slipper Clutch (w/ see thru!), Samco Hoses, 520 DID/PBR conv, RSV4-R Factory Forged Rims, Power Pures, Matris Fork Inserts, Factory Shock, Braking SK2 Superlights, ProTaper Bars on billet Tuono risers, DNA Air Filter, 'Big Mouth' Air Box, Gel Seat, Evo-Tech FE, R&G Sliders, Ballastic Battery, Ti Nuts & Bolts, Lightech Alloy Nuts & Bolts, Stompgrip, Factory Carbon F... Kompo-tech Tail fairing, Raptor Ti Supermoto Footpegs, OEM less 27kgs and counting !
    2007 CBR1000RR - Modified Track-Ho. 1000RR.NET "BIKE OF THE MONTH" Winner Feb 2014 >>> http://www.1000rr.net/forums/bike-mo...inner-tcp.html

@OP - Thanks for the post....

Food for thought
    I've got a 2012 Shiver and am loving it....might look into this in the future
    BLOG = http://bitsar.blogspot.com.au

Life
    is Complex
    :: {It has an (i)maginary component && a (R)eal component}

Quote Originally Posted by DownUnderDorso View Post
    I hope to have some before & after dyno data to report on in a few days time.

Bike is currently at the shop and waiting for a revised to map to suit...
    Looking forward to your report DUD
    Quote Originally Posted by BitSar View Post
    @OP - Thanks for the post....

Food for thought
    I've got a 2012 Shiver and am loving it....might look into this in the future
    I'll be looking at getting this done in the next month or so Nick.
    Maybe we could get our bikes done together and get a deal.
    BTW, was that your Shiver I saw up at Marysville on Sunday the 22nd ?

Honest always, feared often Micah / AF1 Racing's Avatar
    Guys, look into something called a FatDuc modifier or manipulator. Basically it is the same thing as a memjet sort of variable resistor but instead of messing with base fueling data (like intake air temp) it works by adding a variable but small amount of resistance to the return signal of the 02 sensor to the ECU, allowing you to slightly or massively richen mixture at cruise without an effect on wfo fueling...aka...a wet dream for these bikes. We will be adding them soon to our store but if you want one right now I have tested the www.fatduc.com version on several 750cc motors now with better results than any other single device tested in last three or so years. if I had a DD750 street or track bike I would have this simple <$100 solution on my bike. If you try to order from fatduc guy just tell him you have a ducati, he seems to think this trick only works on ducs. If you are cheap like me it is a simply a variable resistor attached to the return signal wire between the lambda probe and the ecu. I am so tired of watching you guys suffer and done hoping for a map update that actually works...try it my way, you may be absolutely floored at how good it runs. Since my Vespa is 99% closed loop I am running a similar trick on it and hopefully will still be bale to run the more or less stock efi this way even under boost this winter...
    Diminished expectations is the key to happiness in life.

Micah Shoemaker
    AF1 Racing
    9900 IH35N
    Austin, TX 78753
    micah@af1racing.com
    @ShoemakerMicah
    @AF1Racingaustin

Quote Originally Posted by Micah / AF1 Racing View Post
    Guys, look into something called a FatDuc modifier or manipulator. Basically it is the same thing as a memjet sort of variable resistor but instead of messing with base fueling data (like intake air temp) it works by adding a variable but small amount of resistance to the return signal of the 02 sensor to the ECU, allowing you to slightly or massively richen mixture at cruise without an effect on wfo fueling...aka...a wet dream for these bikes. We will be adding them soon to our store but if you want one right now I have tested the www.fatduc.com version on several 750cc motors now with better results than any other single device tested in last three or so years. if I had a DD750 street or track bike I would have this simple <$100 solution on my bike. If you try to order from fatduc guy just tell him you have a ducati, he seems to think this trick only works on ducs. If you are cheap like me it is a simply a variable resistor attached to the return signal wire between the lambda probe and the ecu. I am so tired of watching you guys suffer and done hoping for a map update that actually works...try it my way, you may be absolutely floored at how good it runs. Since my Vespa is 99% closed loop I am running a similar trick on it and hopefully will still be bale to run the more or less stock efi this way even under boost this winter...
    Best endorsement I've seen for any mod so far. When/if I get the spare scratch, you guys'll probably be stocking them already. So that may be another AF1 order in my future.
    2011 Dorsoduro 750 - Black

"I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer gods than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours. - Stephen F. Roberts

"The population of lonely people with eager willingness to be purposefully wrong is not to be underestimated." - Will Assaf

Quote Originally Posted by naimchase View Post
    Motorcycles are not just fun toys. They are a catalyst for the enjoyment of life. They enhance your own, and bring something out in those around you.
    Be open to the enthusiasm of riders and non-riders. You will be well rewarded.

Quote Originally Posted by Mardoch View Post
    Best endorsement I've seen for any mod so far. When/if I get the spare scratch, you guys'll probably be stocking them already. So that may be another AF1 order in my future.
    '09 Dorsoduro 750
    '95 Kawasaki ZX-6R "project bike"

Honest always, feared often Micah / AF1 Racing's Avatar
    I need for some of you guys to try this out and let me know/us all know your thoughts. Mine were damn near perfection, ten minute install time, amazing tuneability range since stock feedback loop is SO lean...no bad things I have run across yet. Like I said before just contact the guy at www.fatduc.com and tell him you need Duc-02 part number, leave set where it comes stock and go for a ride, the difference for me is night and day. I have been playing with this conceptually for some time with no ill effects so getting pretty confident I/we are on the right track. Also as stated if you are as cheap as me just getting a little variable resistor and splicing it in is easy too, it simply reduces the return signal voltage a small amount and from there ecu richens fueling a small amount to hit it's fluctuating target value again but this time it is hitting the af/r WE want and thinking it hit the af/r IT wants. WE know better what we want than the bike does unfortunately.

I have debated for some time going public with this one and am probably making a poor financial decision by not keeping it a secret but, since there are so few DD or SL riders that want to play mod games near me I need more global feedback. I have been hoping for/really hoping for...simply a better OEM mapping to come out so this can be fixed properly, it seems unlikely now that we are a third of a decade down this road so fuck it, the wait is over. This little trick works on a LOT of different closed loop systems as long as you can read a schematic and use a multimeter with proficiency. Get cracking boys and girls, report back in this thread in the coming weeks and months!
    Diminished expectations is the key to happiness in life.

Micah Shoemaker
    AF1 Racing
    9900 IH35N
    Austin, TX 78753
    micah@af1racing.com
    @ShoemakerMicah
    @AF1Racingaustin

Just placed my order with Jason from FatDuc.
    i will post my results and opinion as soon as i have installed and tested it.
    first I have to fix my exhaust mount from the roads italia mufflers, i lost it somwhere on the road today doing a high speed run at 225km/h (140mph)
    that was a real scary moment
    Aprilia Shiver My10
    Pazzo levers, Roads Italia carbon muflers, LV-decat, DNA filter, Matris cartridge set, RBT rear sets, Seat cover, OZ Factory wheels, 15T with 520 chain conversion, Rizoma handlebar.
    Goodie's to follow: ProBolt titanium/alu bolt and nut conversion, Samco Hose set.
    Conclusion: Making a factory Shiver

Am I correct in saying it is a Linear variable resistor ? or analog...I'm going to have a play.

Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast