Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 17252627

Thread: Potential custom tuning solution

apriliaforum prov-nov
    So is a "Fat Duc" a must have? and where do us aussies get one from? Last bike had a full system and a power commander and custom map - I loved how smooth it was. It would shit me if fuelling wasnt very good, and from reading some of this thread, seems like a good mod.

Talk to Dave Ward (FORZA this forum) @ http://www.motoitalia.com.au/
    Gil
    'Its only rock n roll but I like it....'

apriliaforum prov-nov
    Cheers for that. Whether its the one I look at tomorrow or some other one, I will give him a call and get one! Cant stand choppy throttle!

apriliaforum Junkie DownUnderDorso's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GTR27 View Post
    Cheers for that. Whether its the one I look at tomorrow or some other one, I will give him a call and get one! Cant stand choppy throttle!
    In that case, make sure you test ride in 'T' (touring mode....), Try Sports mode for a laugh though !

As for the Fatduc, you can also just order it online from AF1 store...

Bike Garage:
    2009 Aprilia Dorsoduro - Mods: Akra Ti/CF cans, LV De-Cat, FatDuc, STM Slipper Clutch (w/ see thru!), Samco Hoses, 520 DID/PBR conv, RSV4-R Factory Forged Rims, Power Pures, Matris Fork Inserts, Factory Shock, Braking SK2 Superlights, ProTaper Bars on billet Tuono risers, DNA Air Filter, 'Big Mouth' Air Box, Gel Seat, Evo-Tech FE, R&G Sliders, Ballastic Battery, Ti Nuts & Bolts, Lightech Alloy Nuts & Bolts, Stompgrip, Factory Carbon F... Kompo-tech Tail fairing, Raptor Ti Supermoto Footpegs, OEM less 27kgs and counting !
    2007 CBR1000RR - Modified Track-Ho. 1000RR.NET "BIKE OF THE MONTH" Winner Feb 2014 >>> http://www.1000rr.net/forums/bike-mo...inner-tcp.html

Bu if you do that better check the postage as they used to have a minimum of $40, even for tiny things.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiv View Post
    Bu if you do that better check the postage as they used to have a minimum of $40, even for tiny things.
    still do. Postage can be expensive, I just wish us non-US customers had alternatives.

there are cheaper options than the FatDuc.
    2009 Dorsoduro (current)
    2009 Shiver (too small)
    1983 Suzuki GSX400E (wish i kept her)
    2002 Yamaha BWS

apriliaforum prov-nov
    I noticed that the setting on my fat duc from AF1 crept from 12 o'clock to 2 o'clock. I set it back down and will put a dot of thread lock on it when I'm sure that it's right. One question: can the fat duc from AF1 be bent readily? I need to snake it around some things to make it work on my '09 Shiver, but I'm afraid of breaking it. The connectors extend quite a bit beyond the actual resistor/dial.

Thanks, John

apriliaforum Junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnyb88 View Post
    I noticed that the setting on my fat duc from AF1 crept from 12 o'clock to 2 o'clock. I set it back down and will put a dot of thread lock on it when I'm sure that it's right. One question: can the fat duc from AF1 be bent readily? I need to snake it around some things to make it work on my '09 Shiver, but I'm afraid of breaking it. The connectors extend quite a bit beyond the actual resistor/dial.

Thanks, John
    It's a fibreglass PCB, so quite strong, but don't try to bend it - not a good idea!

I made my own FatDuc using the same components. The trimpot shouldn't move on it's own...
    Personally, I set the trimpot by measuring the resistance across the lambda sensor signal pins at either plug.
    That way, you can be absolutely accurate in your adjustments & re-set it to exactly where it was before.

apriliaforum prov-nov
    Okay, thanks Clint. It's tough to figure out what do do with the slack once the fat duc is in line.

John

Tucco can you tell me who the connection for the fat duc was on your 09 dd?

Quote Originally Posted by nz31tm View Post
    Tucco can you tell me who the connection for the fat duc was on your 09 dd?
    If you're wanting to know where to buy one...

http://www.af1racing.com/store/Scrip...dProduct=56000
    2011 Dorsoduro 750 - Black

"I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer gods than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours. - Stephen F. Roberts

"The population of lonely people with eager willingness to be purposefully wrong is not to be underestimated." - Will Assaf

Quote Originally Posted by naimchase View Post
    Motorcycles are not just fun toys. They are a catalyst for the enjoyment of life. They enhance your own, and bring something out in those around you.
    Be open to the enthusiasm of riders and non-riders. You will be well rewarded.

Hi! I have dorsoduro 1200 - 2010. I want to do Fat Duc at home. Which electrical scheme is correct?
    1:Name:  1.jpg
Views: 57
Size:  53.4 KB
    2:Click image for larger version. 

Name:	7893389874_8b87a1cec8_b.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	52.8 KB 
ID:	347398
    3:Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fatduc.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	32.8 KB 
ID:	347399
    4.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	xK0iE.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	24.0 KB 
ID:	347403
    Last edited by Paul666; 12-04-2017 at 01:43 AM.

Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 17252627