Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Totalled my RSV4 Factory APRC....

Kris shit man I am glad you are ok man! Too bad about the bike bro! I am very happy to hear you are ok though dude!

Just remember one thing.... when you are at the track, how many downed ducatis do you see?? Everytime I am there most of the Ducs go down (front tuck). Not sure if they have fixed that issue on the 1199 just yet, but might be worth finding out first.

Dude... seriously glad your ok!
    2010 RSV4R track bike
    -----------------------
    K+N Race Filter | Racers Edge Fairings | Apex riser adjustable clipons | AR GP2 Slip-On | Bazzaz Z-Fi TC QS | ASV Shorty Levers| Puig Wind Screen | TechSpec Tank Grips | Gilles Tooling Gear Shifter Support | GB Racing Clutch and engine Covers | Woodcraft rearsets | Starlane DaVinci S Dash | STM Flyhammer Switchgear |

Thanks mate - I'm all good!

I've commited to a 2012 Factory APRC, just gotta wait for them to come out now... few weeks i'm told...

Quote Originally Posted by dastrix View Post

I've commited to a 2012 Factory APRC, just gotta wait for them to come out now... few weeks i'm told...
    thats the way great chose :-}}}

gold wheels look nice !

apriliaforum prov-nov

i saw one on the floor in Brisbane last saturday......looks awesome with the gold wheels !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by calbro View Post
    i saw one on the floor in Brisbane last saturday......looks awesome with the gold wheels !!!!

Hmmm interesting..... thanks for the tip

Glad your ok Kris. Also glad you are getting another V4 mate! Now you can put your AR can back on the new one mate! If it is ok that is.
    2010 RSV4R track bike
    -----------------------
    K+N Race Filter | Racers Edge Fairings | Apex riser adjustable clipons | AR GP2 Slip-On | Bazzaz Z-Fi TC QS | ASV Shorty Levers| Puig Wind Screen | TechSpec Tank Grips | Gilles Tooling Gear Shifter Support | GB Racing Clutch and engine Covers | Woodcraft rearsets | Starlane DaVinci S Dash | STM Flyhammer Switchgear |

apriliaforum expert
    2012 are in stock.

The bike is quite repairable but has a small cosmetic blemish on the frame, unfortunately that will write it off as frames cannot be replaced in Australia.

Would make a good track bike for sure.

Dave Ward
    Moto Italia
    Aprilia-Ducati-Moto Guzzi

www.motoitalia.com.au

0432 441 985

you better bid on it at the auction for me Dave build it up an ship it over :-}}

Honest always, feared often Micah / AF1 Racing's Avatar
    I would buy either a 2007 Yamaha R1 (2nd highest basic-mods power ever on my dyno for a stock based bike) or a 05' R1 LE (the one with Ohlins and marchesini's and such, hard to find, only like 200 imported I think) as a time killer. They are fantastic bikes, crash OK-ish and both have character. 07's have an AMAZING motor with nothing more than an Akro race system, flash, PCIIIusb and careful set up of the stock cams. 152bhp on my dyno on pump fuel, 160+ on race gas, with our dyno, add about 17-18% at this power level to get an equivalent dynojet number. That motor is RBW though. If you like cables opening your butterflies, the 05' LE is top shelf shit too. The 07' is easy to find and $5-7k around here. Perfect time killer bike and I think you might like it.

I have gotten three texts today asking about rumors of the 2013 RSV4 power. I honestly know nothing more than this. Should Aprilia choose more top end over midrange there is a lot of untapped potential in the last 3000 rpm of the V4 motor as it is now. Beef up a few parts on the valvetrain and I am guessing they could be pretty close to anything else out there and survive making peak power at 13-14k rpm. This is great news for me because I want a used 10' model Factory and they are hiding their value real well right now.
    Diminished expectations is the key to happiness in life.

Micah Shoemaker
    AF1 Racing
    699 W. San Antonio
    New Braunfels, TX 78130
    830-626-3966
    micah@af1racing.com

Quote Originally Posted by Micah / AF1 Racing View Post
    I would buy either a 2007 Yamaha R1 (2nd highest basic-mods power ever on my dyno for a stock based bike) or a 05' R1 LE (the one with Ohlins and marchesini's and such, hard to find, only like 200 imported I think) as a time killer. They are fantastic bikes, crash OK-ish and both have character. 07's have an AMAZING motor with nothing more than an Akro race system, flash, PCIIIusb and careful set up of the stock cams. 152bhp on my dyno on pump fuel, 160+ on race gas, with our dyno, add about 17-18% at this power level to get an equivalent dynojet number. That motor is RBW though. If you like cables opening your butterflies, the 05' LE is top shelf shit too. The 07' is easy to find and $5-7k around here. Perfect time killer bike and I think you might like it.

I have gotten three texts today asking about rumors of the 2013 RSV4 power. I honestly know nothing more than this. Should Aprilia choose more top end over midrange there is a lot of untapped potential in the last 3000 rpm of the V4 motor as it is now. Beef up a few parts on the valvetrain and I am guessing they could be pretty close to anything else out there and survive making peak power at 13-14k rpm. This is great news for me because I want a used 10' model Factory and they are hiding their value real well right now.
    I always thought the 07 -08 R1's had outstanding power. After riding the v4 i'm not so sure that they handle as well ... but a rider could just throw parts at it and get it to handle with a decent setup.
    2010 RSV4R Racebike
    ----------

Calvin Gray

CMRA #192
    WERA #192

-----------
    Let's Go Racing!

I love the current bike, its just a tad too small

Im 183cm and approx 94kg
    I'm surprised - at 178cm/85kg (or so), I find mine more comfortable than my old RSVR. And I find the clutch action much lighter than the V2 also.

Have you tried rearsets/bar risers?
    The Garage:

2008 Ducati 1098R.

2010 RSV4 Factory (Killed by SUV). 2006 RSVR Factory (sold). 2003 RSV (sold)

1989 Porsche 944 Turbo (variable boost, track suspension, 928 discs, Carrera Cup 2 rims, etc - my track day toy)

2010 Commodore SSV

Ill look at those when the new bike arrives Jaguar

i totalled mine today as well , no brakes 250 kph at 200 meter mark at the end of the straight only had the rear brake and the gear box , ended up high siding me and cartwheeling through the gravel

one could say i am a wee bit sore , fixed the brakes fitted new body work and got out for another 2 sessions after lunch bike looks very very secondhand with gravel rash all over the frame and engine

Quote Originally Posted by shanes View Post
    i totalled mine today as well , no brakes 250 kph at 200 meter mark at the end of the straight only had the rear brake and the gear box , ended up high siding me and cartwheeling through the gravel

one could say i am a wee bit sore , fixed the brakes fitted new body work and got out for another 2 sessions after lunch bike looks very very secondhand with gravel rash all over the frame and engine
    didn't you just fix this bike up for the track? and what happened to your brakes?
    2010 RSV4R Racebike
    ----------

Calvin Gray

CMRA #192
    WERA #192

-----------
    Let's Go Racing!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast