Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Totalled my RSV4 Factory APRC....

Totalled my RSV4 Factory APRC....

Marked frame amongst many other things so now the question is, RSV4 12 Factory APRC or Ducati 1199S?

The RSV4 was always a little bit too small for me, I felt the wrist pain and I found the clutch stupidly heavy for a sportsbike. I wouldnt say it was painful to ride, but it wasn't comfortable like my 09 CBR1K

Given I've got the option to try something else, should I?

you have already answered your our question

you will be making a huge step backwards if you go for the Ducati , you want a road or track bike ?

how did you total it?

Quote Originally Posted by shanes View Post
    you will be making a huge step backwards if you go for the Ducati , you want a road or track bike ?
    Thats it, I want both !

Totalled when a car pulled out, I braked hard on cold tyres and the front folded.

Shame to hear about the bike, hope no one got hurt.
    hard to say between the 1199 and a '12 rsv4, kind of need the 1199 to be in the wild for a bit to see how they actually hold up.
    of course you could just buy both!

on a totally unrelated note im off to check the auction sites, gotta keep an eye out for spares

Quote Originally Posted by dastrix View Post
    Thats it, I want both !

Totalled when a car pulled out, I braked hard on cold tyres and the front folded.
    Bummer sorry to hear that..... at least you are still alive and able to ride I see I'm not the only one that bounces well

Since you've never seen or ridden an 1199S how could you possibly know that for sure? I like my Factory better than the 1098S I had but I will be all over the 1199 test ride later this month so I can make an "informed" decision.
    '10 RSV4 Factory for the street

Many people consider Democracy freedom, in reality it's 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is freedom.

I believe theres a wait of about 4-5 months for 1199 in Melbourne, and thats if you put a deposit on it now. I suppose that will be the same accross Australia?

Quote Originally Posted by hdtech View Post
    Bummer sorry to hear that..... at least you are still alive and able to ride I see I'm not the only one that bounces well
    I rolled

Just grazing, nothing major. No broken bones Slight bruising.

I cant buy both... Have shot a email to a Ducati dealer to see the 1199 situation. Immediately the whole electronic suspension has put me off a bit... I dont want to be the Ducati guinea pig!

Quote Originally Posted by dastrix View Post
    I rolled

Just grazing, nothing major. No broken bones Slight bruising.

I cant buy both... Have shot a email to a Ducati dealer to see the 1199 situation. Immediately the whole electronic suspension has put me off a bit... I dont want to be the Ducati guinea pig!
    Yea I looked for an 1199 but no one around the gold coast has one yet. Still the end of this months and those are only the special ordered ones. so none for show room stock yet ..... But yea there are a few things I'm not sure if I like on it :/

I popped in to see a certain someone at a certain race company whos name I maybe shoudnt mention on here last week and they have had the new 1199 race bike in for work and reckon its awesome.
    And out the box the bike is kicking out 175-180bhp @ the wheel.

Aprilia need to compete with these new bikes power, FACT so Aprilia have got to step there game up.

So there is no shadow of a doubt in my mind that the 2013 V4 Factory will be something a bit special.

I'd just wait and get a 2013 Factory and maybe something 2nd hand that you wont lose money on just to kill the time.

apriliaforum Member
    ???
    Based on what?

Quote Originally Posted by bn1 View Post
    I popped in to see a certain someone at a certain race company whos name I maybe shoudnt mention on here last week and they have had the new 1199 race bike in for work and reckon its awesome.
    And out the box the bike is kicking out 175-180bhp @ the wheel.

Aprilia need to compete with these new bikes power, FACT so Aprilia have got to step there game up.

So there is no shadow of a doubt in my mind that the 2013 V4 Factory will be something a bit special.

I'd just wait and get a 2013 Factory and maybe something 2nd hand that you wont lose money on just to kill the time.

a bit special but still not as good as the current RSV4 http://www.motociclismo.it/comparati...tro-moto-51289

apriliaforum Member oggydownunder's Avatar
    Not good Kris.

I just didn't want to buy another Fireblade after having 3 in a row.. The lesson I learnt was not to buy the first "new version" of anything now (especially large $$$$ items).. I learnt that (as you know) by having a dodgy Blade

So choices were a RSV4 R/Touno/Factory.. or second generation BMW 1000RR.... now the Panigale might not have many issues !!!! but I'd say it will be as small as the RSV4....

I still have my Blade and with its Ohlins suspension (night and day improvement over the standard Blades), it does most things better then the Aprilia and front end feel is still second to non (of the many other bikes I've ridden)....

Saying that, the RSV4 Factory is a very special bike... I get as much joy riding that as the Blade (same same but so different)....

Will you get the option to buy the wreck back ????
    Road Bikes - RSV4-Factory SE, 2008 Honda CBR1000RR, Yamaha RD350LC
    Track Bikes - 2007 Honda CBR600RR, F1 Harris Triumph 1200, 2006 Honda CBR600RR, 1990 CBR400RR

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast