Thread: fuel pump wiring harness problems again

apriliaforum newb

fuel pump wiring harness problems again

hey guys has anybody else come across this problem

o
    Took bike out today for a run it started fine but when i stopped to fill up with petrol it would not start the fuel pump didnt make its buzz like it usualy does
    so i took seat off and wiggled the wires and lo and behold the pump primed and bike fired right up .
    I had this problem last year so i replaced the harness and it was sorted untill today, I am putting it down to the bike was serviced recently and off course the tank was probably taken off or propped up and this may have pinched the wiring as it enters the unit .. So that said is there a permanant fix for this without having to shell out for a wiring harness every service ..

Any advice gladly accepted

Do your own service.....
    2001 RST Futura in stream Silver.
    Mods: Modified Öhlins fork from mille R, EBC brake discs, HEL front brakelines, Carbon RS 250 front fender, Wiring mod for charging. Engine related:05 map, Iridium plugs, tuneboy, derestriced intake, old mille airboot, staintunes exhaust. Lambda bung hardbrazed in the "breadbox". Öhlins mille R rear shock with 110N/mm spring and the integrated hydraulic preload adjuster. LED Voltmeter installed inside the dash for monitoring charging. Duc 999 radial m/c for brake and clutch. EBC 320mm brake discs
    NWS hugger. Equipment: Famsa tankbag,
    CBR 600 -07 MOSFET R&R FH008EE providing stable 14.4 - 14.5 V (with my wiring mod). Daytona heated grips with mccoi pwm controller and automatic chain oiler