Thread: Lightweight wheels: options and savings?

apriliaforum Member

Lightweight wheels: options and savings?

How much weight can be saved--exclusive of carbon fiber? Carrozzerias seem a reasonable choice. Any information, photos and opinions appreciated!

Use a oz wheels from rsv factory. Lighter & inexpensive secondhand
    ScottyDog

Linkage Tester !

In The Garage

1. Tuono V4 in super fast Yellow, 15/42, Werkes pipe, Race ECU, Oz Forged Wheels, Aprilia Touring Screen, Revalved Forks & Shock, heated grips, CRG Bar End mirrors, Ventura Rack, Carbon side fairings, Baher Intercom, Mana raised bars, Seat Recovered, Nitrous kit, super charger, shitty Chinese folding levers & a flashy sticker that makes me faster...

2. GSXR750 K7 Track bike, all in bits after being knocked off at turn 1 Hampton Downs . Other rider banned for 2 months!

Hey ttraynor,
    I believe that the TV4 has some of the lightest standard wheels that Aprilia has put on their bikes save the VERY expensive forged ones.
    I have a set of brand new ones(about 1000 km) for sale if you are interested. They are pristine and have no marks, scratches, dings, etc.
    They weigh about the same(or very close to)the Carrozzeria wheels I bought. I only bought the Carrozzerias for the look, not the weight savings.

Did you keep a record of what the stock rims weighed Swannie?

Does anyone know the weight of the factory OZ's?
    Sold: Black RSV 02
    Sold: Silver Shiver 09
    Present: Black RS250 98
    Present: Black Tuono V4R APRC 11

apriliaforum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by swannie007 View Post
    Hey ttraynor,
    I believe that the TV4 has some of the lightest standard wheels that Aprilia has put on their bikes save the VERY expensive forged ones.
    I have a set of brand new ones(about 1000 km) for sale if you are interested. They are pristine and have no marks, scratches, dings, etc.
    They weigh about the same(or very close to)the Carrozzeria wheels I bought. I only bought the Carrozzerias for the look, not the weight savings.
    Are you saying you have the standard TV4 rims my bike came with? Confused there.... I put those Cazzies on my GT 1000 Ducati--and saved 23 pounds over the stock steel/spoked/tubed set-up!

RSV4 Factory Front 6lbs 8.5 oz or 2.97kg
    RSV4 Factory rear 10lbs 6.6oz or 4.75kg

RSV 1000 Oz Front 7 lbs 9.5oz or 3.5kg
    RSV 1000 Oz Rear 11 lbs 2.2 oz or 5.1kg
    ScottyDog

Linkage Tester !

In The Garage

1. Tuono V4 in super fast Yellow, 15/42, Werkes pipe, Race ECU, Oz Forged Wheels, Aprilia Touring Screen, Revalved Forks & Shock, heated grips, CRG Bar End mirrors, Ventura Rack, Carbon side fairings, Baher Intercom, Mana raised bars, Seat Recovered, Nitrous kit, super charger, shitty Chinese folding levers & a flashy sticker that makes me faster...

2. GSXR750 K7 Track bike, all in bits after being knocked off at turn 1 Hampton Downs . Other rider banned for 2 months!

'12 TuonoV4R
    '03 Tuono Racing 069
    '03 Tuono
    '07 Moto Guzzi Breva
    '93 Yamaha GTS (4)
    '94 Yamaha GTS (3)
    '06 SV1000S
    '04 R1
    '03 R6 track bike
    '03 SV650 track bike

apriliaforum expert
    Replacing the wheels is the best thing I ever did on my Gen 1 Tuono twin. Cheapest way is locating a set of stock OZ wheels
    Don-M

2003 Aprilia Tuono
    2009 Moto Guzzi Griso 8V