Thread: 07 Tuono Tach & Cluster Issue

Yellow Shirt

07 Tuono Tach & Cluster Issue

i bought an 07 a few months ago, and it has a sticking needle that sweeps up to redline and stays there upon startup and the dash lights do not light up. i took the tach apart and lubed it up and put it back together and it worked until the bike shut off. any suggestions? all the fuses are fine..

On the Englandshire side of the Welsh Border
    It sounds like the connector block at the rear of the clocks isn't quite connecting properly.
    Pull it apart carefully, and spray some contact cleaner on the connector block, but not the pins on the clocks, as it can easily end up inside the clocks.
    Then reassemble and make sure everything is located correctly.

Yellow Shirt
    Quote Originally Posted by Tifa View Post
    It sounds like the connector block at the rear of the clocks isn't quite connecting properly.
    Pull it apart carefully, and spray some contact cleaner on the connector block, but not the pins on the clocks, as it can easily end up inside the clocks.
    Then reassemble and make sure everything is located correctly.
    connector block in the cluster? the white plug? sorry, just being thorough.

On the Englandshire side of the Welsh Border
    It sounds like the connector block at the rear of the clocks .
    for you to loose your dash lights, it would indicate that the multi connector at the back of the clocks..NOT INSIDE (there ARE no block connectors inside the clocks, just a simple ribbon connector for the lcd panel) are not making contact.

Yellow Shirt
    for you to loose your dash lights, it would indicate that the multi connector at the back of the clocks..NOT INSIDE (there ARE no block connectors inside the clocks, just a simple ribbon connector for the lcd panel) are not making contact.
    much appreciated. when i get a chance i will go get some contact cleaner and get that done. do you think that's also affecting the tach?