Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: indicators

indicators

Dropped the bike the other day, slipped whilst moving her in the garage!!! thinking of changing the indicators for new smaller leds that do not stick out so much.. Any one done this mod and do I need the resistors plus a flasher relay?

apriliaforum Member caporiderdai's Avatar
    Stereophonic Land south wales (nr aberdare)
    I just had ones off a new Ktm 690, for a tenner. Rubber stems, very flexible and small enough not to get knocked off, like what happened to the originals when my mate pulled up next to me on his bike with panniers. Although not led, they have amber bulbs and clear lenses.
    confucious says:- man who ride like hell, bound to get there!! If its got tits or wheels, it will cause you trouble!!

I got some BIGGER rear indicators - but rubber-stems and LED; work with a cheap LED-capable flasher relay.
    Aut viam inveniam aut faciam

Mike , i changed my rear indicators for LEDs and fitted resistors under the seat but if you get an electronic flasher relay then you don't need to fit resistors as it flashes at a consistent rate as opposed to the standard one which relies on the current being drawn for its flash rate. Have a look at the links below. Steve

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Fix-LED-Fl...item1e68b599b5

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2PCS-MOTOR...item19c599deed

indicators

Same here, rear indicator with LED and break light with a flasher relay from fleebay. Cheep as !!!
    I LIVE TODAY AND TOMORROW I DONT KNOW !!!!
    DON'T FOLLOW THE PATH, BUT LEAVE A TRAIL!!!!

If you going to be up my arse, at least pull my hair!!!

Even you can have a body like mine, all you have to do, is neglect it !!!!!

Mike I fitted some Aprilia ones from one of the 600 models, saw them on ebay, they are on Rubber mountings, and have 12V bulbs so no need to fit resistor packs etc...Name:  ETV.JPG
Views: 148
Size:  78.6 KB

(2003 Infinity Blue Capo) - Leo Vince x3 Cans/K&N Air filter/Snorkle-less/Catfish Map/ZX-6R FH016 Mosphet Rectifier/Front Coils re-located/Metal Fuel CRC Fixings/Brown Connector-less/Hyperpro Springs F&R/Rear Hugger/R&G Heated Grips/Krauser Alloy Panniers/Givi G45 Box/BMW GS1150 HandGuards with Touratech Extensions/Kawasaki Z1000 Mirrors/CREE LED's/Wilks Raid Rep Sump Guard & aprilia Crash Bars, re-covered seats with 25mm extra memory foam + Lots of Stickers..

(1990 Kawasaki ZZ-R 1100C1)Standard apart from Remus Innovation S/S Full System, ZXR750 full lift Carbtops & RenTec Rack+painted barends & a few fasteners..

(1977 Yamaha XS750 2D) Original as it left the factory apart from new rubber..!!!..

I went for the oxford nano led set for the rear of my Tuono.Managed to fit them into the bodywork with abit of arseing around.Very small and very bright.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

@blightyboy: looks nice

Tumbarumba NSW, AU. At the foot hills of the snowy mountains
    Quote Originally Posted by caporiderdai View Post
    I just had ones off a new Ktm 690, for a tenner. Rubber stems, very flexible and small enough not to get knocked off, like what happened to the originals when my mate pulled up next to me on his bike with panniers. Although not led, they have amber bulbs and clear lenses.
    Work mate has a 690 and says the rear indicators fall to bits all the time...
    ...maybe it's how theyre mounted,dunno...??
    JohnG.

'02 Capo.

Quote Originally Posted by BigSteve View Post
    Mike I fitted some Aprilia ones from one of the 600 models, saw them on ebay, they are on Rubber mountings, and have 12V bulbs so no need to fit resistor packs etc...Name:  ETV.JPG
Views: 148
Size:  78.6 KB
    those are Dorsoduro's indicators, they look really good on the capo but stick out as much as the originals

I like discussing various issues with other owners of obscure European bikes (cit.)

Ex Pegaso Factory 2007, now Caponord 2006

Quote Originally Posted by JohnG. View Post
    Work mate has a 690 and says the rear indicators fall to bits all the time...
    ...maybe it's how theyre mounted,dunno...??
    Same reason KTM owners married dentists - the bike vibrates so much, their fillings fall out!
    Aut viam inveniam aut faciam

I have the pegaso strada's on mine
    http://www.apriliaforum.com/forums/s...=1#post2508072

thinking about it, my bike is starting to look like the frankenstein monster:
    I've got a ducati 1098 rear brake pump, ducati 999 calipers on the front, aprilia shiver mirrors...
    I like discussing various issues with other owners of obscure European bikes (cit.)

Ex Pegaso Factory 2007, now Caponord 2006

Okey ordered the indicators, but not sure which relay to get? My understanding is that if I get the correct relay, it is a straight swop with the standard relay and I do not have to fit resistors is this correct please

Quote Originally Posted by mike081 View Post
    Okey ordered the indicators, but not sure which relay to get? My understanding is that if I get the correct relay, it is a straight swop with the standard relay and I do not have to fit resistors is this correct please
    Spot on Mike

Good now I got that straight, which relay?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast