Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Member with New Italian Girlfirend

apriliaforum newb
    Quote Originally Posted by Mojo_Mike View Post
    Hmmm. Michelin tires, right angle valve stems. Looks exactly like the one I traded in last Saturday at RPM Cycle. I'm glad that my "Donatella" has found a good home!
    Yup! She has gone to a good new home, where she will be treated with plenty of TLC. I must say, I have never seen a cleaner more mint bike that was used. Meticulous is an understatement. The battery tender hook-up was a pleasant find!

apriliaforum newb
    The RSV4 is so raw, and so connected to very aspect of the
    bike. You feel the vibration of the V4 at low rpm. You hear the MotoGP exhaust
    note rumbling with every application of throttle. It just begs to be pushed. It
    flicks side to side so effortlessly, it actually requires more thought and
    input. 9k and up and the wheel trys to come up all the way to 14.2k. She's a screamer.

The exhaust note is just pure MotoGP, I
    can't get enough of it. Even when you're idling you're constantly reminded of
    the V4 beast between your legs that's like a lion waiting to jump on it's
    prey.

The overall ergonomics are very comfortable. For a relatively small dimensioned
    bike, she feels very roomy.

The icing on the cake is just the overall attention to detail
    and build quality. It feels like a swiss vault. Nothing looks or feels cheap.
    And it's IMO the most beautiful looking bike out there. I can't stop giving her
    the look back.

I still very much love my CBR. The midrange punch, and overall balance can't be beat. But in contrast to
    the RSV4, it just feels "soul less" I guess you could say.

No................thats a Motorcycle, this is what an Italian Girlfriend would look like!!

Name:  Copy of EICMA 2011 01120111215155959747.jpg
Views: 210
Size:  211.3 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Leprechaun View Post
    I am still amazed at how much fun mine is to ride, and I can safely say I am an Aprilia owner for life.
    Have to agree, very fun bike to ride. But no brand is for life, for me. Way too many bikes to try, and to enjoy.
    '10 RSV4 Factory for the street

Many people consider Democracy freedom, in reality it's 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is freedom.

apriliaforum Junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by Mojo_Mike View Post
    Hmmm. Michelin tires, right angle valve stems. Looks exactly like the one I traded in last Saturday at RPM Cycle. I'm glad that my "Donatella" has found a good home!
    What did you "trade" for?????

apriliaforum prov-nov Mojo_Mike's Avatar
    2012 Tuono V4R
    If the minimum wasn't good enough, it wouldn't be the minimum.

@ MikeF4UK - she's cute all right but she's a Ducati girl. Should see the sweet aussie girl that I saw the other week riding her white RSV4...............unbelievable. mmmmmmmmmmmmmm

d

apriliaforum expert
    I am not condescending of Japanese bikes because they certainly would be my choice if I was club racing or building a track only bike. The Japanese bikes just have a much greater secondary market, (ie: ebay, craigslists, etc.) for parts and spares should an incident occur. The RSV4 parts are just much harder to find, and when you do, they tend to be a costlier. Crashing is a lifestyle if you're riding like you mean it on a racetrack.

Although the Italians have come a long ways in terms of reliability and durability, they are still not quite on par with the Japanese manufacturers. It's not to say that bikes from Japan never have issues, but it seems that from my stay on this forum, our bikes tend to have some recurring TPS, MAP sensor failures, oil leaks, cam chain rattling, issues. Also, our ECU gestapo that seems to have left many a rider stranded rather than allowing for a limp home mode.

For passion and charisma though, there is nothing like an Italian bike. From the sounds, the styling, and the feel, the RSV4 just gushes personality. Japanese bikes feel clinical and appliance-like in comparison. There's nothing wrong with that, and any supersport/superbike is clearly a rush to ride fast. It's just the x-factor that bikes like the RSV4 possess that stirs the soul even when you're just booting around your local favourite twisties.

Quote Originally Posted by Quo Vadas View Post
    @ MikeF4UK - she's cute all right but she's a Ducati girl. Should see the sweet aussie girl that I saw the other week riding her white RSV4...............unbelievable. mmmmmmmmmmmmmm

d
    Don't worry about it, she's not very faithfull, the year before she was sat on MV Agusta's, last year Ducati's, who knows, maybe this year she will sit on.....................................me? haha

Graphicologist Extraordinaire ckruzel's Avatar
    nice color nice exhaust
    2010 White RSV4R
    Custom Graphics
    decal questions? email me at kruzel (at)drippinwet.com
    check us out on facebook!
    Making Decals for some of the Fastest People on the Planet
    J.Hayes | M.Paris | J.Herrin | Z.Herrin | D.Westby | T.Knapp | S.Coviello | S.Villa | H.Nash | B.Solis | J.Day | C.West | A.Welsh | E.Meyers | D.Eslick | G.May | C.Alexander | D.Gaviria | J.Rispoli | J.Pascarella | B.Cretu | S.Mesa |C.Sellerom (check us out on facebook)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12