Thread: 500 miles in - my review

apriliaforum Junkie caseynashvegas's Avatar

500 miles in - my review

So I have put just over 500 miles on the new 2009 Silver Mana since I picked her up about a week ago, and I thought I would share some of my thoughts and observations about the bike. First of all, LOVE IT! No major flaws to speak of for me.

Engine and Transmission:
    The power delivery is extremely smooth at all reasonable speeds, the CVT so far has been flawless. I will say however, that I haven't experimented with other modes other than Touring yet. I came from a 500CC super scoot (the TMax) and I must say, what a difference in power!

Handling:
    I am really impressed, I haven't experienced the front end suspension being light, nor the top heavy concerns that some others have noted. I feel like the stock tires (Pirelli) stick really well and I am confident that this bike does what I ask it too.

Appearance:
    Liquid magma hot! I have gotten more compliments and looks than on anything i have ridden.

My biggest gripe:
    5 freaking stickers on the faux tank . 2 came off without falling apart, but I am still picking 1MM at a time on the others. What a pain!
    Last edited by caseynashvegas; 04-11-2012 at 12:17 PM.

apriliaforum Member
    For stickers, use heat gun / hair dryer, just be careful not to overheat the paint. If any glue is still left on the paint, WD40 is the magic thing to use.
    Good luck

Quote Originally Posted by caseynashvegas View Post
    So I have put just over 500 miles on the new 2009 Silver Mana since I picked her up about a week ago, and I thought I would share some of my thoughts and observations about the bike. First of all, LOVE IT! No major flaws to speak of for me.

Engine and Transmission:
    The power delivery is extremely smooth at all reasonable speeds, the CVT so far has been flawless. I will say however, that I haven't experimented with other modes other than Touring yet. I came from a 500CC super scoot (the TMax) and I must say, what a difference in power!

Handling:
    I am really impressed, I haven't experienced the front end suspension being light, nor the top heavy concerns that some others have noted. I feel like the stock tires (Pirelli) stick really well and I am confident that this bike does what I ask it too.

Appearance:
    Liquid magma hot! I have gotten more compliments and looks than on anything i have ridden.

My biggest gripe:
    5 freaking stickers on the faux tank . 2 came off without falling apart, but I am still picking 1MM at a time on the others. What a pain!
    Thank Goodness! I would feel horrible if you weren't happy!!!
    Oscar Wilde: "I don't want to go to Heaven; none of my friends are there."

2010 Black Mana GT
    RSV4 Factory OZ wheels, RSV4 Sachs adjustable Forks, RSV4 brembo 100mm monobloc brakes, RSV4 Factory Rotors, Pilot Road 2 Spec B tires, HyperPro Lowered Suspension, Leo Vince Exhaust, HID Hi/Lo lights,Carbon Front Fender, Carbon LED mirrors, Carbon Heel-guards, cut rear tail, DD Aluminum brake lever, Frame Sliders, Puig Chin Fairing, Rear Hugger, Kaoko Throttle Lock, MFW adjustable footpegs, Custom Painted Wheels/Rotors/Brakes Valentine One Radar, voltmeter, Tach, removed evap can, and lots o decals

apriliaforum Junkie caseynashvegas's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PSolk View Post
    Thank Goodness! I would feel horrible if you weren't happy!!!
    Paul,

No worries there! Quick question, I am looking at a slip on exhaust, which one do you like best and how hard are they to DIY install?

Awesome, glad you are happy!
    Personally, I love my Leo Vince, I just think the lines of it flow perfect with the bike/frame, it is the right angle, it is just the right length and the sound is evident in my vids Sublime is a good description... A lot of guys go for the GPR and it is cheaper but it is really personal preference... None of the pipes are really going to do much for performance maybe 1-2 hp here or there so it is more about looks and sound... Personally I love the Leo titanium with carbon tip but that is just me...
    Oscar Wilde: "I don't want to go to Heaven; none of my friends are there."

2010 Black Mana GT
    RSV4 Factory OZ wheels, RSV4 Sachs adjustable Forks, RSV4 brembo 100mm monobloc brakes, RSV4 Factory Rotors, Pilot Road 2 Spec B tires, HyperPro Lowered Suspension, Leo Vince Exhaust, HID Hi/Lo lights,Carbon Front Fender, Carbon LED mirrors, Carbon Heel-guards, cut rear tail, DD Aluminum brake lever, Frame Sliders, Puig Chin Fairing, Rear Hugger, Kaoko Throttle Lock, MFW adjustable footpegs, Custom Painted Wheels/Rotors/Brakes Valentine One Radar, voltmeter, Tach, removed evap can, and lots o decals

Casey, I just did the install of the GPR slip on... very easy DIY... about an hour... I prefer the look and angle of the GPR to the LeoVince... comparable pipes. There are a number of guys here who did the install... feel free to ask anyone to walk you through it... I also added a Centre stand, which works better with the gar... the LV you will have to modify.
    2010 Mana 850 GT (Ebony)

Frame and Axle sliders
    GPR Slip on Exhaust
    BarkBuster Handguards
    Center Stand
    Puig Touring Windscreen
    Mike's Grille Cover
    Canisterectomy