Thread: What oil ...

apriliaforum newb

What oil ...

Hi, i just run out of oil for the first time since i bought the bike, it had Castrol Power 1 Racing 2T, now i am thinking of puting Motul 710 2T. Is Motul the better choice? Should i stay with Castrol? Do i have to drain the engine of oil before switching to Motul? Do I really have to drain it?

apriliaforum Junkie emielfellinger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dudu View Post
    Hi, i just run out of oil for the first time since i bought the bike, it had Castrol Power 1 Racing 2T, now i am thinking of puting Motul 710 2T. Is Motul the better choice? Should i stay with Castrol? Do i have to drain the engine of oil before switching to Motul? Do I really have to drain it?
    One I learned the hard way is never mix oils. I can produce a lumpy slimy mass and it can get thicker up to the point where the pump get clogged
    If you really want to try put a bit of both oils in a cup and let it sit for a few days and then have a look.

Don't think there should be to much difference between the Castrol Power 1 Racing 2T and the Castrol 710.
    I have used Castrol TTS, Motul 710 and running Putoline RS959 right now. (about 6L left)
    But just bought another 4L can of Motul710. (great deal and love the smell)

apriliaforum newb
    i would really apreciate some more feedback on this issue ... pls, i am new to this sport and i am new to beeing a mechanic, i need all the help i can get. Thank you!

apriliaforum prov-nov
    I have run many different oils in race and road bikes, i have never found a problem with mixing any of the oils i have used. The caveat being i have always used top quality synthetic oils, i.e. Silkolene Pro/Motul 700/Castrol TTS etc, but the important point being is that you should should not get hung up on oil as long it is good quality!

apriliaforum newb
    I bought MOTUL 800 2T Factory Line ROAD RACING i hope it is a good choice, it is the best oil from motul that i could put my hands on ...
    For future reference, wich oil is the one u wold use in your Aprilia rs 250 and why?

Just go synthetic ....Castrol or a cheap no-name oil...works for me! And I mix.....it good....