Thread: Pegaso Mk1 - help appreciated

apriliaforum newb

Pegaso Mk1 - help appreciated

Hi,

I'm a new member to the forum and would really appreciate some advice on my bike. I have a mark 1 Peg and I have fuel in oil. My plans are to drain the tank and oil, do oil change and plug, check carb floats and needles and check tank filter and petcock.

My question involves the petcock, all the pictures and manuals I look at online show a different petcock, plastic handle with only one pipe outlet(change in model perhaps), mine is metal and has two outlets, I thought the Peg and F650 didn't have a vacuum system on them? so what is the second outlet doing?

one pipe leaves to the bottom and one to the right(off position)

Any help would be great, I'm still very new into this level of mechanics so forgive me if I'm being dense but I am willing to listen and take any guidance.

Regards

Jamin

apriliaforum newb

update

There is the possibility it is a mark 2 Peg it was registered as a '94 but I'm not entirely sure of the model changes to know for sure

apriliaforum newb

more info

Ok so the thread here looks similar
    http://www.apriliaforum.com/forums/s...sensor-problem

on looking at it this morning the right hand pipe goes to the right side of the tank underneath which has a finger screw nut on, is this a secondary feed from the tank? should this be open or closed?

Hi Jamin101,

Firstly, I am not an expert, please make your own judgement on diagnosis prior to doing anything drastic!

I have a 1993 Pegaso, I only have 1 outlet from the fuel tank for fuel, but I also have the breather. Can you clarify - do you have two pipes on the fuel tap plus one on the bottom of the tank or is it one on the fuel tap and one on the tank base on the left hand side of the bike (as you are sitting on it)?

If it does have two outlets on the tap itself, it may be an aftermarket tap???

I have only one outlet on the tap, plus an outlet on the tank iteslf for a drain for when water gets inside the fuel cap; if you open the fuel cap and look inside the silver ring you will see a hole; this leads to that outlet on the tank and is also a breather. These bikes depend on gravity fed fuel from the tank, so any blockage in the breather outlet or pipe will result in a vacuum in the tank and fuel will struggle to fall, you will find your bike will struggle to run.

If it is a breather, then there is a post on clearing the breather pipe and outlet here > http://www.apriliaforum.com/forums/s...-on-full-choke .

If it is not, can you supply some photos of the tank in case someone else is having similar issues with the same tank - you may be asking the questions they are trying to solve!

I know if I have made any mistakes in my information, other people will correct me shortly!

Feel free to bounce around any thoughts / ideas / suggestions / comments / questions.
    Cheers,

Ste

apriliaforum newb

more info

hi,

thanks for your help i found a thread with a similar tap in.

http://www.apriliaforum.com/forums/s...sensor-problem

looks like this and runs up to the right of the tank where the is another valve that you can screw open or closed...

apriliaforum newb

update

well it appears the 94 peg has a reserve fuel tap on the right hand side that works on a screw thread and pipes to the main petcock, ive kept mine closed and after completing all other jobs it fired first time tonight so thats a result the only thing i couldnt do was get the float chamber open on the right hand carb, pigging stuck solid the screws were, so i left it. anyone know key differences between the mark 1 and 2 it was registered in 94 and as said i think it is a mk one(it has a bolted front sproket which i think is a sign) any other pointers would be great. thanks