Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Few questions reguarding our bikes

apriliaforum Junkie Aprilia sr50 02's Avatar

Few questions reguarding our bikes

Just wanted to get your guys opinions on these as I was told by someone about these and wanted to know if they are definitely true or not.

1. If you full throttle a 2 stroke engine for 26 seconds or more, you can do damage to the engine. I have never heard of this before. Anyone know if this is true, if it is, does it also apply to our bikes and the Ditech engine ? I try not to ride full throttle , but sometimes I have to as I ride in 80km/hr zones a bit, and need to keep it full throttle to keep up.

2. Every 70cc engine seizes (big bore kit). The person I was talking to about my bike recommended me not to get a 70 cc kit as he has never seen a big bore kit that hasn't seized before. If this is true, why does it happen more then the standard engine, and has this happened to many of you's on here ?

And there was another one, just can't remember it right now
    Aprilia SR 50 02 Ditech Morini Engine
    Malossi Variator kit (7.5 Gram rollers)
    Leo Vince Exhaust ZX-R
    Derestriction with 2.80 software
    HGT REGULATOR
    YSS Racing Suspension
    Castrol TTS Racing 1 Oil, NGK-CPR8-E Spark Plug (tried ZMR7AP and doesn't perform as good for me)

I reject your reality, and substitute my own. CANADA
    LMAO!! Well, I've run my engine at WOT for more then 1/2 am hour at a time (and several times I might add!!) and she hasn't had any kind of damage.

And my BBK hasn't seized...

Tempus Fugit
    06 SR50 (Morini)/AIRSAL 70CC BBK/NGK BR9EIX/Top Speed-117KPH (GPS)!!
    Rear Rack & Top Case/Buzzetti Side stand/Aprilia Racing Shock W/STR8 65mmRiser/HGT Stretch Kit
    HGT PFI Kit/Malossi MHR Team II Pipe/All Polished Water Pump
    Black HGT Gen 3 Fuel Regulator/Stebel Magnum Horn/Glowshift Elite Gauge
    BING 26mm TBA/BGM Pro Reed Block & Pod Filter
    Polished Aluminum Varo W/Kick start/Pod Filter/HEL Brake Lines
    HGT Red Brake Levers/LED bulbs/BGM LED Tail Light
    Malossi Delta Clutch w/Blue springs/Red Contra spring & TC/MHR Full Circle Crank
    Malossi 15/40 Primary Gears & Multivar w/5gr Dr. Pulley Sliders/Kevlar Belt
    Michelin Pilot Sport 140/60 Rear tire w/Dyna Beads&TPMS Sensor

Grenadiers maybe he is talking about other 2 stroke engines then ? I know the mechanic told my mate and he has a Yamaha Aerox 100 and it's a carb engine.

If it doesn't apply to ours then I'm happy
    Leo Vince Exhaust ZX-R
    HGT REGULATOR
    YSS Racing Suspension
    Castrol TTS Racing 1 Oil, NGK-CPR8-E Spark Plug (tried ZMR7AP and doesn't perform as good for me)

Y'know just don't abuse it and it'll keep on ticking. I'm sure most of us here in America who use it for commuting have found ourselves ripping at wot for long periods on end. If you do go the bbk route just remember to put everything together right the first time. They're a bit more resilient then your average aftermarket moped kit.. that & being liquid cooled is definitely a plus for a two stroke engine.
    2007 Morini SR50
    Malossi 70cc BBK , LeoVince ZX-R & 7.0g Rollers,
    BGM LED Taillight, Ferodo Platinum Brake Pads,
    Marchald Pro Porting Pod Airfilter, NGK ZMR7AP,
    MHR VL12 Reeds, Malossi Galfer Front Rotor,
    Polini Kevlar Trans Belt, Royal Purple 75w80 Gear Oil,
    Kobalt Water Trap, Amsoil Saber 100:1 Full Synth 2t Oil,
    STR8 Carbo Look Shock Riser, Buzzetti Sidestand,
    Avon Viper Stryke Rear 140/60, Stainless Steel HEL Brake Lines
    Top Speed: +-65mph

Yeah that's why I am asking Molino because I want to look after it and want it to last as long as it can. That's why I try and get all the information I can from those that know about our bikes .

And what causes a big bore kit to seize ? And for those that own a BBK, have you had it for a while without problems ?
    Leo Vince Exhaust ZX-R
    HGT REGULATOR
    YSS Racing Suspension

Aprilia Forum Moderator High Gain Tuning's Avatar
    How is it running now. I heard Jason removed the 3 degree key before installing the regulator.
    You may want to try the key with the regulator now. I mentioned that to Jason in another forum but am not sure if he saw it.

Yeah it's running really well now Rich. I had some random spark plug in my bike when I had my service done with that 3 degree woodruff key in, and I think that was the reason why it was stalling. Because when I was adjusting the HGT regulator with that other plug (it was an Iridium plug) I could not get it to 105 psi without spluttering and backfiring. But now I have a CPR8e plug in (as I can't get a hold of a ZMR7AP yet) it's idles A LOT better and can turn the psi up to 130 without much improvement. Now I just keep it at 115 psi to be safe .

And how do you know Jason. You got connections hey
    Leo Vince Exhaust ZX-R
    HGT REGULATOR
    YSS Racing Suspension

I saw Jason post this on another forum.... It was the wrong forum to be asking on as they are all carbureted owners and can adjust their ignition.

I just fitted on request for a customer a advance key for a SR 50 Ditech, now the scooter stalls all the time you come to a stop at an intersection.
    Has anybody had this only after fitting the new Key.?????

Honda Forza 250
    SYM red Devil 172cc
    Di potenza per i piloti

He never said anything about the plug being the issue.

I don't know Jason personally but respect him for wanting to learn the Ditech where as others would rather throw a carb on it.
    As long as he doesn't listen to the pessimistic Waxhead he will be ok. People like that will drag you down.

Just so people dont get the idea i havent work on these engines before, I have been working on Aprilia SR ditech engine now for 7 years with a leading Aprilia dealer and in that time i have rebuilt 48 motors 29 under waranty and seen just about every kind of problem and failure.
    With complete access to aprilia data and diagnosotics.
    I have a complete understanding of the operation of the Australian injection system used on this engine and other watercraft engines.

My question is only regarding what the advance key does to the idle of this engine as i couldnt see a drastic change to any part of the performance with this mod on a computer controlled advance curve, in the past i have recorded up to 52 degress advance at light throttle at varying revs. There is a lot of advance when needed.
    Honda Forza 250
    SYM red Devil 172cc
    Di potenza per i piloti
    Last edited by High Gain Tuning; 04-07-2012 at 10:16 PM.

I reject your reality, and substitute my own. CANADA
    Yeah, I had similar issues with the Advance Key and the Iridium based plugs. They would work for maybe 100 kms and then sputtering, stalling and fouling of the plug.

Tempus Fugit
    06 SR50 (Morini)/AIRSAL 70CC BBK/NGK BR9EIX/Top Speed-117KPH (GPS)!!
    Rear Rack & Top Case/Buzzetti Side stand/Aprilia Racing Shock W/STR8 65mmRiser/HGT Stretch Kit
    HGT PFI Kit/Malossi MHR Team II Pipe/All Polished Water Pump
    Black HGT Gen 3 Fuel Regulator/Stebel Magnum Horn/Glowshift Elite Gauge
    BING 26mm TBA/BGM Pro Reed Block & Pod Filter
    Polished Aluminum Varo W/Kick start/Pod Filter/HEL Brake Lines
    HGT Red Brake Levers/LED bulbs/BGM LED Tail Light
    Malossi Delta Clutch w/Blue springs/Red Contra spring & TC/MHR Full Circle Crank
    Malossi 15/40 Primary Gears & Multivar w/5gr Dr. Pulley Sliders/Kevlar Belt
    Michelin Pilot Sport 140/60 Rear tire w/Dyna Beads&TPMS Sensor

Quote Originally Posted by Aprilia sr50 02 View Post

And how do you know Jason. You got connections hey
    If he calls me direct next time I will hook you up.

Quote Originally Posted by Grenadiers View Post
    Yeah, I had similar issues with the Advance Key and the Iridium based plugs. They would work for maybe 100 kms and then sputtering, stalling and fouling of the plug.

Mine has been good for about 1500 k's until I put the Woodruff key in, but I can't wait to try the ZMR plug and see how that goes.

I never used to think a spark plug could make so much of a difference until Grenadiers told me

Quote Originally Posted by High-Gain SR50 View Post
    If he calls me direct next time I will hook you up.
    And it's funny how you know the only 2 mechanics in Brisbane that I know that do our bikes, and you are on the other side of the world.
    Leo Vince Exhaust ZX-R
    HGT REGULATOR
    YSS Racing Suspension

I know both of thos questions are not true.

I have run my 2 stroke RC engine 30.5cc and 70cc engine for much much longer then that. without a problem.

my friends 70cc on his BWS has soft seized same with his friends and his other friends.. but they are not injected etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Aprilia sr50 02 View Post

And it's funny how you know the only 2 mechanics in Brisbane that I know that do our bikes, and you are on the other side of the world.
    The world now is only as big as your keyboard... Us DiTech tech's stick together.

So the carb engines do seize but the ditechs seem to be more reliable from what you guys
    Are saying. Maybe the full throttle thing might be true for CARB engines as well but not for our bikes ? As he was telling my mate and they both had carb engines .

If so I'm glad I ended up Buying the aprilia sr50 even though my mates were trying to get me to buy a Yamaha

Quote Originally Posted by Rosscofat View Post
    I know both of thos questions are not true.

I have run my 2 stroke RC engine 30.5cc and 70cc engine for much much longer then that. without a problem.

my friends 70cc on his BWS has soft seized same with his friends and his other friends.. but they are not injected etc.
    Leo Vince Exhaust ZX-R
    HGT REGULATOR
    YSS Racing Suspension

dunno if it is that.. they can flood that thing with Huge Jets.. and it still does it.

More likely they do not know how to tune the engines or have the know how like we have available at our finger tips on this forum...

When I talk to them about Variators they are like what.. they make diff models?? How will that help? etc etc. the guy I ride with changes his belt about every 1000km saying its warn out.. LOL to many changes

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast