Thread: Cagiva Grand Canyon

Cagiva Grand Canyon

Anyone have experience with one of these?

I've got a chance to pick this one up for around $2500, it's very clean and under 5000 miles. I realize the bodywork is no longer available but the engine and mechanical parts are.

I'm looking for something my wife would be comfortable on the back for short trips, say out to dinner, movie, etc.

Any thoughts?

DB

You did not bring it home yet? 2500 looks clean.
    04 Tuono
    09 Husqvarna SM610IE
    84 R100RS
    83 R100RT
    08 Concours14
    12 Tuono V4 a-PRC

apriliaforum expert
    Dude, from what I know you work in the world of bikes. This is a great deal. I believe it's an injected Duc motor. Come on $2,500 for a bike that looks that good? Seems like a no brainer from here.
    Fast red 03 Tuono, dual Renegade exhaust, Renegade style intake, FP Tuono chip, 57mm TB's. SOLD
    1989 Kawasaki ZX 10 with a modded 2003 ZZR1200 motor. 41mm Keihin Flat-slides with the long stacks, stick coils, and a Micron pipe. I forgot the comfy Concours clip-ons.

Dude, from what I know you work in the world of bikes. This is a great deal. I believe it's an injected Duc motor. Come on $2,500 for a bike that looks that good? Seems like a no brainer from here.
    Yep, very lucky to work at the same dealership for 20 years (last month) but I know that I don't know very much about this bike. I'd feel like a real dummy not taking advantage of the wealth of knowledge available here on this forum.

It's one of those "industry insider" type of deals that makes the low pay at most dealerships a little more acceptable. I got a "killer" deal on my Tuono track bike just by being in the right place at the right time; like now.

DB

apriliaforum Junkie WileECoyote's Avatar
    I have ridden one. Very comfy and well mannered. A pussycat around town with enough grin power to satisfy most. You'll do well to pick it up and consider a sprocket change, kinda tall first gear needs a touch lowering.
    Funny quip goes here

Is that a 650?
    I got lucky enough to ride a friends 650 Alazurra SS. That bike was Ten Tons of FUN.
    The picture you posted looks VERY good. If that bike is really in that good condition and you pass it up we will have to beat you.

DM
    #1 Forum Magic Missile Caster

"I rode a Griso at when I used to work for Aprilia City in Melbourne. Probably the nicest bike ever" - Cosaro

"Once again you show up with apples and bowling balls"

2007 Moto Guzzi Griso
    1984 Moto Guzzi V65
    1988 Yamaha FZ750 rat bike

Is that a 650?
    900, I'm told the "Monster" motor.

I didn't buy it (I really can't afford another bike right now, boat deck and cabin top needs paint) but did the next best thing and arranged a deal between the owner and a very good friend of mine. His current ride is a clapped out '78 BMW 650. He test rode the Cagiva today and brings the money tomorrow. It's a good deal for him and he plans to make a project of the BMW, said something about a sidecar.

Oh yeah, my friend ..... paints boats for a living!

DB

apriliaforum Junkie WileECoyote's Avatar
    I still think he deserves a beating.................................jk.
    Funny quip goes here

Says the guy with The Coyote avatar!!!!!

DM
    #1 Forum Magic Missile Caster

"I rode a Griso at when I used to work for Aprilia City in Melbourne. Probably the nicest bike ever" - Cosaro

"Once again you show up with apples and bowling balls"

2007 Moto Guzzi Griso
    1984 Moto Guzzi V65
    1988 Yamaha FZ750 rat bike