Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: USA Headlight vs Europe

apriliaforum prov-nov

USA Headlight vs Europe

Just got back from my first full day of riding, wow what a sweet bike.
    The only funny thing is the headlights. Everyone kept telling me they could not see if it was on or off, it was that dim. And one side is the low beam, the other side is the high beam, so it looks lopsided, having only one side light at a time.
    I thought for sure the T4 I saw in Europe had both lights on at all times, both sides having a low beam and high beam. Could any of the Euro guys confirm this?
    I think the US headlamps are different, and not in a good way.

Yep. US will be different. Even if only because they dip the other way.

Here in NZ I think both my headlights are on...

... my wifes sure are
    ScottyDog

Linkage Tester !

In The Garage

1. Tuono V4 in super fast Yellow, 15/42, Werkes pipe, Race ECU, Oz Forged Wheels, Aprilia Touring Screen, Revalved Forks & Shock, heated grips, CRG Bar End mirrors, Ventura Rack, Carbon side fairings, Baher Intercom, Mana raised bars, Seat Recovered, Nitrous kit, super charger, shitty Chinese folding levers & a flashy sticker that makes me faster...

2. GSXR K7 Track bike, all in bits after being knocked off at turn 1 Hampton Downs . Other rider banned for 2 months!

apriliaforum expert
    Euro will be the same as US but you WRONG side countries(NZ, England, etc.)will be different, correct?
    Don-M

2003 Aprilia Tuono
    2009 Moto Guzzi Griso 8V

apriliaforum Junkie
    Our Australian & prob NZ bikes have a relay that activates a shutter inside both headlights that blocks the light from the bottom of the reflectors on low beam (light only reflects from the top down) & opens up for the high beam, so both headlights are on for low & high beam. They don't appear to have the usual swept up beam to the left that our bikes and cars normally have.

GUV.

apriliaforum Member
    Yeah, i was wondering about those lights..... as I thought both lights would be on for high and low........ but one light is the low beam (with the high beam light off) then when you turn on the high beam the low beam light goes off.

This is the first bike that I have owned that has the lights set like this..... on my past bikes, the low was just one light, but then the high beam both lights would be on.

Is there a way to wire it up so both are on for at least the high beam?

apriliaforum prov-nov
    I would like to know this as well. My Triumph has the left for low and both for high. I would like to have both on for high. It would seem there must be a way if that's the way it works in Europe. I doubt they would dramatically change the electronics just for US homoglation.

apriliaforum newb
    Here in Italy we have always both lights on for low beam and for high beam...

apriliaforum prov-nov
    Quote Originally Posted by merlinx1 View Post
    Here in Italy we have always both lights on for low beam and for high beam...
    Great!
    So how do we make it happen here in the good ol US of A?

Quote Originally Posted by scott2ride View Post
    ... my wifes sure are

pix or it didn't happen!!! lol

j/k
    rulz, we donn neeeed no steeenkin rulz....

inside rulz!!

apriliaforum newb
    hello from greece.the lights of my t4 are both on and for low and for high.foto soon.

apriliaforum Member

USA Headlight vs Europe

There has to be European lighting harness ? Something ? No euro dealers on the forum?

apriliaforum prov-nov
    Yes, I am going to ask my dealer here in New York. There must be a different relay part for Europe, so maybe the dealer can identify if and get it ordered for me from Italy.
    Any help with part numbers from Europe would be very helpful???
    Thanks

Hello there, I have had a look on the fiche and there does not seem to be a different model light for the US market and there does not seem to be any different relay's either.... so who knows ??

apriliaforum Member
    Yeah, that's weird....... it doesn't make sense that the lights would be different for U.S. bikes compared to overseas..... unless I'm missing something? The more light the better

apriliaforum prov-nov
    The only thing I can think of is that the headlamp bulbs themselves are different. In the Aprilia parts fiche, the bulbs do not have a valid part number, which does seem a bit odd. I might have to try and remove them and see what bulbs there are. Does anyone know the bulb type they use, such as H1, H7, H11 etc...

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast