Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 135

Thread: What set set up/top speed

  1. #1
    apriliaforum expert Glen1990's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Barrow in furness
    Posts
    1,007

    Smile What set set up/top speed

    Pretty new to the Rs 50 and just wanted to know what set ups you guys have and what kinda speeds and bhp if anyone has done a dyno? Cheers Glen(Dont know why i put set twice can't work out to edit it?)

  2. #2
    apriliaforum expert mumbl3s's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    kent, uk
    Posts
    625
    This is gonna be funny

    Setup is below and top speed is 70mph on the clock with 15 52 (I think it's 52 not sure I do know it's stock though) gearing but it's still got plenty in it to go down a few teeth on the rear. Gps speed unknown but I would guess at about 65mph mabey :/
    Warming the world 2 strokes at a time.
    <- *check out the BMX with a 50cc engine *

    2008 rs50 - SOLD
    Dellorto - PHBG 21mm tuning carb
    Arrow Exhaust - not sure which one
    Doppler - D50B0 Endurance crankshaft
    Italkit - 74cc cylinder kit
    Malossi - 0.40m reeds
    Malossi - upgraded clutch springs

    2006 gz125 - Winter Bike - dropped valve
    No Upgrades

    1981 CB250N (30BHP Version) - SOLD
    Rebuilt to cafe racer got bored and sold

    2013 WR125X - Show off/General run around
    Soon to be Straight pipe with alcohol injection

  3. #3
    apriliaforum expert Glen1990's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Barrow in furness
    Posts
    1,007
    i would of thought you got more than that with that set up tbh ive not rode my rs as its getting the engine and stuff rebuilt atm im told it does 70mph. if you changed the gearing would you get more?

  4. #4
    apriliaforum expert Glen1990's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Barrow in furness
    Posts
    1,007
    but i did have a rx with am6 and just a cheapish 70cc everything stock but arrow exhaust and that did 60 to 65ish with stock carb not sure what rpm that was at since my rev cable snapped i was hoping to tune my rs to do around 70 ish ive heard of people getting more :S

  5. #5
    apriliaforum Junkie Holfy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    351
    Quote Originally Posted by Glen1990 View Post
    i would of thought you got more than that with that set up tbh ive not rode my rs as its getting the engine and stuff rebuilt atm im told it does 70mph. if you changed the gearing would you get more?
    what aftermarket parts has your bike got ? it would never hit 70mph stock ?

  6. #6
    Tecnologia Reparto Corse RS_Patrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    11,989
    Quote Originally Posted by Holfy View Post
    what aftermarket parts has your bike got ? it would never hit 70mph stock ?
    For a 1999 to 2005 model? Normaly no, on Bonneville they got one to 75mph fully stock with just difrent sprockets, but realisticly you never get that out of a streat bike, 50mph they do stock with no restrictions in place, ad a faster pipe and a bigger front sprocket and you get up to 60mph.

    Derbi engine has more friction so it looses some power just driving the engine round, and the long under seat exhaust isnt gonna help much also, so 70mph sounds reasonable, i hape it does accelerte really good though than.

    Similar setup on a 1999 to 2005 model i exept to see 75mph~80mph, the trick is to balance your sprocket gearing so it accelerates good trough all gears with out screeming in 6th.

  7. #7
    apriliaforum expert Glen1990's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Barrow in furness
    Posts
    1,007
    ive got a 2000 (am6) ive got a full arrow exhaust(well for my birthday) and 21mm Dellorto carb. sport clutch and 70cc what would you say is the best set up? i know this 70cc is one of the really nasty cheap 70cc heads that cause like 100. i was thinking of getting

    http://www.adrenalin-pedstop.co.uk/p...ines-1774.aspx

    do you think its any good? 19bhp seems a very high bhp clearly this is with a really well tuned set up im guessing.

    what set up would you say? am i going the right way? you seem to know your stuff very well.

  8. #8
    apriliaforum expert chrism15's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    warrington uk
    Posts
    3,200
    Quote Originally Posted by Glen1990 View Post
    ive got a 2000 (am6) ive got a full arrow exhaust(well for my birthday) and 21mm Dellorto carb. sport clutch and 70cc what would you say is the best set up? i know this 70cc is one of the really nasty cheap 70cc heads that cause like 100. i was thinking of getting

    http://www.adrenalin-pedstop.co.uk/p...ines-1774.aspx

    do you think its any good? 19bhp seems a very high bhp clearly this is with a really well tuned set up im guessing.

    what set up would you say? am i going the right way? you seem to know your stuff very well.
    i may be wrong here but if i remember right then you should stay up to 19.5mm carbs with 70cc and then when you get 80cc - 90cc kits you move up to a 21mm carb from some of patricks previous replys - cud a slightly to BIG carb cause some lack in power?...............
    Engine Always Screaming!

    Its Not What You Ride Its How You Ride It

  9. #9
    apriliaforum expert mumbl3s's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    kent, uk
    Posts
    625
    Quote Originally Posted by Glen1990 View Post
    i would of thought you got more than that with that set up tbh ive not rode my rs as its getting the engine and stuff rebuilt atm im told it does 70mph. if you changed the gearing would you get more?
    yeah there's tones of power it's geared for acceleration at the moment that's why it only does about 73mph on the clock, i plan on gearing it for top speed when i have the money hopefully should get 80-90 maybe Patrick what do you think ?
    Warming the world 2 strokes at a time.
    <- *check out the BMX with a 50cc engine *

    2008 rs50 - SOLD
    Dellorto - PHBG 21mm tuning carb
    Arrow Exhaust - not sure which one
    Doppler - D50B0 Endurance crankshaft
    Italkit - 74cc cylinder kit
    Malossi - 0.40m reeds
    Malossi - upgraded clutch springs

    2006 gz125 - Winter Bike - dropped valve
    No Upgrades

    1981 CB250N (30BHP Version) - SOLD
    Rebuilt to cafe racer got bored and sold

    2013 WR125X - Show off/General run around
    Soon to be Straight pipe with alcohol injection

  10. #10
    apriliaforum expert chrism15's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    warrington uk
    Posts
    3,200
    Quote Originally Posted by mumbl3s View Post
    yeah there's tones of power it's geared for acceleration at the moment that's why it only does about 73mph on the clock, i plan on gearing it for top speed when i have the money hopefully should get 80-90 maybe Patrick what do you think ?
    again just going off what i remember patrick posting ages ago but i think patricks had up to 105mph with his Rs80 and the rest haha but the main thing is he geared it up like mad i think (obviosly wud dramatically effect acceleration) - bare in mind its gettin late so im tired so might be wrong but i think i remmber him putting something like that........
    Engine Always Screaming!

    Its Not What You Ride Its How You Ride It

  11. #11
    apriliaforum expert ryanperkins's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    kettering
    Posts
    717
    my bike still has the standard 50cc head piston etc, ive only put on a 19.5mm deloreto (or how ever its spelt) carb with an 85 main jet and a polini evolution exhaust, new 12tooth front sprocket and 47tooth rear sprocket and new D.I.D chain (ive still got my 14tooth in my room to go on ) and it will sit at 65 easy and will do just over 70mph on the clock.... so how mumbl3s have you only got 73 on the clock with that setup may i ask? :P
    what do you think off mine? comments please!!

  12. #12
    apriliaforum expert mumbl3s's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    kent, uk
    Posts
    625
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanperkins View Post
    my bike still has the standard 50cc head piston etc, ive only put on a 19.5mm deloreto (or how ever its spelt) carb with an 85 main jet and a polini evolution exhaust, new 12tooth front sprocket and 47tooth rear sprocket and new D.I.D chain (ive still got my 14tooth in my room to go on ) and it will sit at 65 easy and will do just over 70mph on the clock.... so how mumbl3s have you only got 73 on the clock with that setup may i ask? :P
    my bike will accelerate though the gears like nobody's business, i don't like to brag but if it only does 73mph top i think you can imagine how quick i can get thought the gears. but im more of a top speed guy i dont really like my current gearing but as im still breaking the engine in it doesn't bother me at the moment
    Warming the world 2 strokes at a time.
    <- *check out the BMX with a 50cc engine *

    2008 rs50 - SOLD
    Dellorto - PHBG 21mm tuning carb
    Arrow Exhaust - not sure which one
    Doppler - D50B0 Endurance crankshaft
    Italkit - 74cc cylinder kit
    Malossi - 0.40m reeds
    Malossi - upgraded clutch springs

    2006 gz125 - Winter Bike - dropped valve
    No Upgrades

    1981 CB250N (30BHP Version) - SOLD
    Rebuilt to cafe racer got bored and sold

    2013 WR125X - Show off/General run around
    Soon to be Straight pipe with alcohol injection

  13. #13
    apriliaforum expert Glen1990's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Barrow in furness
    Posts
    1,007
    i got the bike with the 21mm carb and plan on getting an 80cc kit my mate who i got it off said when working he got 72mph hes 6,7 and 15 stone keep in mind. and his friend whos 5,8 around 11 to 12 stone got 80mph im 5,11 and 13 stone just shows you what weights and stuff do.

    but i do know alot of people with 21mm carbs on 70 set ups just harder to set up my k&n aint helping anything. plan on buying a used stock air box and fitting an 80cc kit i want to find somewhere to get my bike dyno tuned if i can

  14. #14
    apriliaforum expert Glen1990's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Barrow in furness
    Posts
    1,007
    Do you have the am6 thought ryan? its little quicker

  15. #15
    apriliaforum expert mumbl3s's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    kent, uk
    Posts
    625
    Quote Originally Posted by Glen1990 View Post
    i got the bike with the 21mm carb and plan on getting an 80cc kit my mate who i got it off said when working he got 72mph hes 6,7 and 15 stone keep in mind. and his friend whos 5,8 around 11 to 12 stone got 80mph im 5,11 and 13 stone just shows you what weights and stuff do.

    but i do know alot of people with 21mm carbs on 70 set ups just harder to set up my k&n aint helping anything. plan on buying a used stock air box and fitting an 80cc kit i want to find somewhere to get my bike dyno tuned if i can
    i only weigh 53kg (8.34 stone) you cheeky fucker
    Warming the world 2 strokes at a time.
    <- *check out the BMX with a 50cc engine *

    2008 rs50 - SOLD
    Dellorto - PHBG 21mm tuning carb
    Arrow Exhaust - not sure which one
    Doppler - D50B0 Endurance crankshaft
    Italkit - 74cc cylinder kit
    Malossi - 0.40m reeds
    Malossi - upgraded clutch springs

    2006 gz125 - Winter Bike - dropped valve
    No Upgrades

    1981 CB250N (30BHP Version) - SOLD
    Rebuilt to cafe racer got bored and sold

    2013 WR125X - Show off/General run around
    Soon to be Straight pipe with alcohol injection

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •