Thread: Hesitation lack of top end

apriliaforum newb

Hesitation lack of top end

Hi there, I bought a couple Piaggio scooters last year, a BV 250 and a 50 Fly. I'm getting the Fly ready for my wife to use. The short of it is it seems that once the choke is off and the engine is warm there is a hesitation when excellerating. The top end last fall before puting her up for the cold season was aprox, 45 on the straights, now it's 35. Is there anything specific to look for. How much restriction is in this system. I read the De-restrict thread and am interested in "playing" with the system. Any thoughts?
    Thanks in advance!

Open your variator up and check condition of the rollers. could be flat spotted. Also check your belt. If it's out of spec, you will lose top speed because it won't ride high enough on the pulley.

apriliaforum newb

top end

I removed the carb, cleaned checked, replaced. no real change, so that is the next place I'm going, thanks. Any suggestion on a good replacement exhaust?

LeoVince makes fantastic products for Sport and Mid Race setups. I would check those out.

apriliaforum newb

Top end

Opened the transmission, cleaned the whole thing. Looks like the belt was at the end of its run and reolaced it. Cleaned all the roller ramps and the rollers. one may have a bit of a flat. The rollers that came with the belt were to wide.665ish verses .605 would not fit. Right DIA. 19mm. weight on the old ones is 6.5 grms the un useables were 10.6. Seems to be better with the new belt. Checked Leovince but didn't really see anything for the 4T Fly.