Thread: Rubber hoses from the tank going down and plugging in..

apriliaforum prov-nov

Rubber hoses from the tank going down and plugging in..

Hey Folks,
    I was going through my bike trying to find where a 'miss' is coming from. While doing that I noticed two hoses coming down from the back end of the fuel tank. the plug into a little box with 2 male ends sticking out, one is marked canister I think and I forgot the other. One o them was unplugged. As I was trying to get my way too fat finger sin there to plug it back in, I unplugged both of them from the tank, thereby losing track of which hose goes to which plug. I had to guess and it literally took me close to an hour to get them plugged back in as it was really hard to reach. But I got it done. The miss was from a bad spark plug boot. Now I just want to confirm that I have the hoses plugged in properly. All the diagrams I've seen don't show the plug that these hoses go into. Can anyone confirm from the attached pictures if I have them plugged in correctly?Name:  2012-04-06_16-32-50_644.jpg
Views: 69
Size:  76.9 KBName:  2012-04-06_16-33-06_604.jpg
Views: 67
Size:  129.2 KBName:  2012-04-06_16-33-54_105.jpg
Views: 66
Size:  101.7 KBName:  2012-04-06_16-34-09_93.jpg
Views: 66
Size:  116.0 KB

I couldn't get a good pic of where they plug into but you can see the order they are plugged in..
    Attached Images Attached Images  

apriliaforum Member
    One is the vent that goes to the charcoal canister if you still have one. the other is the overflow that drains out the bottom. IIRC when the cap is closed, the overflow is sealed but the vent will still pass air. If you blow into the hose you should be able to tell.

I'd remove those California emissions if possible! I removed them from my bike and it cleared up a lot of room.
    Digital Sky Design (My Web Design Company)

2012 Aprilia RSV4 Factory aPRC
    1969 Camaro SS
    2003 BMW M3

apriliaforum prov-nov
    Maybe I'll search and see what I need to do to get rid of them........ Neither hose being unplugged will effect how well the bike runs I'm guessing..

apriliaforum Member
    Correct.