Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Wheels...

The wieght saving of a wheel provides multiple benefits. As the wheel has a rotational acceleration component as well as in the direction of vehicle travel, a doubling of the vehicle acceleration improvement normaly associated with mass saving. Less gyroscopic effect allowing faster direction changes for the same input and then less unsprung mass with associated inertia and momentum to impact suspension control.

I was out bid on BST wheels and then bought OZ wheels. The OZ's made a noticable and beneficial difference I just reckon the BST's would have been more so and from what I hear, better than anything else you can bolt on.

Who said I follow speed limits? lol

I keep hearing negative things about bst's except for those on this forum thread, and those who have had them, I wonder why there is such a bad stigma with these wheels being used on a street bike.
    -<2003 Aprilia SL1000 Falco>- - Uh, Some mods?
    -<2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 5.7L Hemi AWD>- - Hers
    -<1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 5.2 AWD>- - 3.5" Lift 31s, big stereo, big exhaust, big cooling system
    -<1990 Nissan 300ZX 3.0L NA 5spd>- - 18s, big stereo, stillen catback
    -<1984 Ford F250 6.9L Diesel 2wd Extended Cab>- - 093 ATS turbo kit

apriliaforum expert radialfalco's Avatar
    Hi there, i have two pairs of BST wheels one are 16.5" and only could use it with slciks so theya re for trackdays.
    The other are 17" and i use they for street everyday, i never have any problem with they excet when i became involved in an accident.
    I felt donw and the front wheel crash with a big rock surface. It donīt crak inmediatly but a little line was openin acros the fibre so i have to send it to BST fabric to made a new one.
    I supose that an OZ, Marchesini or other alu or magnesium rim in this accident could be crak for sure, with the BST damaged i could return to my home 700km far fron the accident.
    My history
    Gilera KZ 125 (Destroyed)
    Kawasaki ZZR 600 (sold)
    Aprilia SL 1000 Falco (dismantled)
    KTM 450 EXC (sold)
    1988 Cagiva T4 500 E (donated to a friend)

My present
    2007 Beta 400 RR
    2011 Aprilia Tuono V4 APRC
    1989 Cagiva T4 500 E

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123