Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anybody try there bar risers?

Anybody try there bar risers?

They are sold by AF1 at a very good price. They fit the old V2 and the Mana so I don't see any reason they won't fit the V4r. I ordered them. If these are used and the bar is tiltled as far back as posible, it may be enough to relieve back pressure on us older guys. I just hope there is enough slack (20 mm) in the brake line to accomodate the riser. Looks like it will be a stretch but will make it. Anybody try them yet?

PS: I got my Black V4 yesterday. First impression was to raise the bars a tad to fit my riding preference, otherwise, I need more time in the saddle to really get to know this new machine. I love the quick shifter. I bought #169 of the USA models.

Name:  acag127_d.jpg
Views: 1033
Size:  101.4 KB
    TRIUMPH NUTHEAD, APRILIA NEWBIE!

Current Stable

2012 Triumph Tiger Explorer 1200 - Main Rider
    2009 Tuono Orange Crush - For Sale

Previous Kickers:
    2011 Aprilia Shiver
    2012 Tuono V4R
    2009 Aprilia Mana 850
    2009 Harley Street Glide
    2009 Suzuki DRZ 400S
    2011 Ducati Multi S Touring
    2007 V2 Tuono Dialblo Black
    2002 - 2007 Triumph Speed triples (6)
    2008 Triumph Scrambler
    2010 Triumph Thunderbird
    2010 Triumph Tiger 1050
    1979 to Current - Triumphs entire Lineup since 1979
    2010 KTM Adventure R
    KTM Supermoto 950 R
    The list goes on!

Gz !

I know what you mean , im 46 year and shure for only road use i would also do raisers or maybe an Rizoma with more bend like Ma 008/005

On track stock is just pefect .

A popular mod is to use the standard risers off the Mana (#854815) they're an easy fit - plug and play - and they also help you keep the stock look, bars are up and back - a cool cheapish mod
    However, you do have to have a new front brake line made up as the original is just a tad too short.
    Sold: Black RSV 02
    Sold: Silver Shiver 09
    Present: Black RS250 98
    Present: Black Tuono V4R APRC 11

I can confirm what Hinckley said as I have done this mod and you DO need a new brake line, about 25mm longer. Also, it is a serious pain in the arse to get the bolts out of the risers to fit the new ones without removing the top fork yoke. It can be done but you need a lot of patience but I feel it is well worth the effort. This mod looks like it came from the factory like that, much cleaner than any after market risers.

apriliaforum expert
    I'm over 40 too, and changed the handlebar with the gold v2 one, about 60 euro. A great gain in look and riding position IMHO

apriliaforum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyper View Post
    I'm over 40 too, and changed the handlebar with the gold v2 one, about 60 euro. A great gain in look and riding position IMHO
    V2 bars are higher? Like the spun aluminum look...

apriliaforum expert
    Yes is higher and with a nice 'inside' bend ( reduced distance from seat) . The grey oem color looks quite cheap compared to the nice gold from older model

I have set of these and they are an easy fit and the brake line can reach. However, DO check that the brake line is routed in a way that it has enough length to fully extend the forks.

Simply have a mate pull the bike onto the side stand and fully extend the forks, then turn them side to side. If you dont check this you could kill yourself. Simple as that!!!!!

If you buy the Mana risers (which are nicer) then they bring the bars back closer to you (which is probably what you want.) But it is easy to remove the top triple clamp to undo the existing risers. No need to remove forks. Just loosen the top fork bolts and undo the centre nut on the triple. It slides right off and takes 3- 4 min to do max.

You can also buy a 25mm extender for your brake line for where it connects to the master cylinder. It looks like a big hexagonal bolt. I got one from one of the companies that makes risers. Cant remember which. Maybe Variobars?
    ScottyDog

Linkage Tester !

In The Garage

1. Tuono V4 in super fast Yellow, 15/42, Werkes pipe, Race ECU, Oz Forged Wheels, Aprilia Touring Screen, Revalved Forks & Shock, heated grips, CRG Bar End mirrors, Ventura Rack, Carbon side fairings, Baher Intercom, Mana raised bars, Seat Recovered, Nitrous kit, super charger, shitty Chinese folding levers & a flashy sticker that makes me faster...

2. GSXR750 K7 Track bike, all in bits after being knocked off at turn 1 Hampton Downs . Other rider banned for 2 months!

Quote Originally Posted by Hyper View Post
    Do you have a photo of it? And how does it differ from the stock one? Gold and higher Im guessing
    ScottyDog

Linkage Tester !

In The Garage

1. Tuono V4 in super fast Yellow, 15/42, Werkes pipe, Race ECU, Oz Forged Wheels, Aprilia Touring Screen, Revalved Forks & Shock, heated grips, CRG Bar End mirrors, Ventura Rack, Carbon side fairings, Baher Intercom, Mana raised bars, Seat Recovered, Nitrous kit, super charger, shitty Chinese folding levers & a flashy sticker that makes me faster...

2. GSXR750 K7 Track bike, all in bits after being knocked off at turn 1 Hampton Downs . Other rider banned for 2 months!

apriliaforum expert
    A couple of old pics

Hyper did you need a new brake line ?

apriliaforum expert
    I used an adaptor for the radial rcs master cylinder , that also gives some extra adjustment space, but i think some other guy did mount the same handlebar without changing anything else

http://www.carpimoto.it/IT/33641_170...5-rondelle.htm

More questions. Do you have to buy a sparate top plate for use with the Mana risers or can I use the TV4 currently on it?

Also, How about the 20mm riser I bought paired with the gold bars?

Are the gold bars from Aprilia OEM V2 or the Accossato's?
    Last edited by Rayzor61; 04-07-2012 at 10:38 PM.

Current Stable

Previous Kickers:
    2011 Aprilia Shiver
    2012 Tuono V4R
    2009 Aprilia Mana 850
    2009 Harley Street Glide
    2009 Suzuki DRZ 400S
    2008 Triumph Scrambler
    2010 Triumph Thunderbird
    2010 Triumph Tiger 1050
    2010 KTM Adventure R
    KTM Supermoto 950 R
    The list goes on!

Quote Originally Posted by scott2ride View Post
    I have set of these and they are an easy fit and the brake line can reach. However, DO check that the brake line is routed in a way that it has enough length to fully extend the forks.

Simply have a mate pull the bike onto the side stand and fully extend the forks, then turn them side to side. If you dont check this you could kill yourself. Simple as that!!!!!

If you buy the Mana risers (which are nicer) then they bring the bars back closer to you (which is probably what you want.) But it is easy to remove the top triple clamp to undo the existing risers. No need to remove forks. Just loosen the top fork bolts and undo the centre nut on the triple. It slides right off and takes 3- 4 min to do max.

You can also buy a 25mm extender for your brake line for where it connects to the master cylinder. It looks like a big hexagonal bolt. I got one from one of the companies that makes risers. Cant remember which. Maybe Variobars?
    Where can I buy this 25mm brake line extender?

Current Stable

Previous Kickers:
    2011 Aprilia Shiver
    2012 Tuono V4R
    2009 Aprilia Mana 850
    2009 Harley Street Glide
    2009 Suzuki DRZ 400S
    2008 Triumph Scrambler
    2010 Triumph Thunderbird
    2010 Triumph Tiger 1050
    2010 KTM Adventure R
    KTM Supermoto 950 R
    The list goes on!

Quote Originally Posted by swannie007 View Post
    I can confirm what Hinckley said as I have done this mod and you DO need a new brake line, about 25mm longer. Also, it is a serious pain in the arse to get the bolts out of the risers to fit the new ones without removing the top fork yoke. It can be done but you need a lot of patience but I feel it is well worth the effort. This mod looks like it came from the factory like that, much cleaner than any after market risers.
    Did you use the TV4 top plate? If so, do you have any pictures, much thanks!

Current Stable

Previous Kickers:
    2011 Aprilia Shiver
    2012 Tuono V4R
    2009 Aprilia Mana 850
    2009 Harley Street Glide
    2009 Suzuki DRZ 400S