Thread: Powervalve cable doesnt stay in housing?

apriliaforum Member

Powervalve cable doesnt stay in housing?

The powervalve cable seems to pop out of the rave case mount, it is as if the cable has been put in at a negative angle to the wire pops out. Managed to fix it a few days ago but after a day of riding it seems its popped out, should i get a whole new kit, or just a powervalve cable or rave case mount? Any suggestions would be good as i dont want to take it to a mechanic to be ripped off

You need to find a better mechanic.
    mate
    2010 RS125 Gloss Black
    Arrow Exhaust (E Marked) | Moto Tassinari vForce3 Reed Block
    2002 SR50 Morini Ditech Matte Black SBK Replica 50cc
    Leo Vince GP can | 68cc Kit (Malossi) | Full Circle Crank (Malossi MHR HPC) | Primary gear kit (Malossi) | vForce2 reed block (Top Performances\Moto Tassinari) | 19mm bored throttle body
    2002 SR50 Morini Ditech blue 50cc FOR SALE (daily rider) 100aprilias/hr (80km/h)
    ECU "development mode" (apparently) | 19mm bored TB | Carbon reeds | Std. Variator | 6.0g Rollers [slightly heavy but good] (Malossi) | Std. Clutch | Red Contra Spring [Racing] (Malossi) | Blue Clutch Springs [Sport] (Malossi) | Custom Water Trap

apriliaforum Member
    i've got a good mechanic but hes 10 miles away and costs a fair bit on fuel to get there and back

If the cable is popping out it would seem to me that the spring isn't able to do its job by pushing the rave valve back in. Therefore I would believe that you need to pull out your valve and clean it.
    I mentioned you need a better mechanic because you said you didn't want to be ripped off. If you aren't able to competently do the work required then the mechanic isn't ripping you off, you're paying someone for the skills that they learnt while working for shit wages during their apprenticeship (generally 4 years at less than a burger technician's pay).
    Good luck.
    mate
    2010 RS125 Gloss Black
    Leo Vince GP can | 68cc Kit (Malossi) | Full Circle Crank (Malossi MHR HPC) | Primary gear kit (Malossi) | vForce2 reed block (Top Performances\Moto Tassinari) | 19mm bored throttle body
    2002 SR50 Morini Ditech blue 50cc FOR SALE (daily rider) 100aprilias/hr (80km/h)
    ECU "development mode" (apparently) | 19mm bored TB | Carbon reeds | Std. Variator | 6.0g Rollers [slightly heavy but good] (Malossi) | Std. Clutch | Red Contra Spring [Racing] (Malossi) | Blue Clutch Springs [Sport] (Malossi) | Custom Water Trap

Quote Originally Posted by croftie:3084212
    i've got a good mechanic but hes 10 miles away and costs a fair bit on fuel to get there and back
    Is it all uphills?
    mate
    2010 RS125 Gloss Black