Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Streetfighter VS Tuono v4

apriliaforum Member

Streetfighter VS Tuono v4

I have a streetfighter and recently rode the Tuono v4. Im trying to think if its worth trading or buying another bike. Convince me.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	redradiators.jpg 
Views:	141 
Size:	150.8 KB 
ID:	187825

apriliaforum expert
    If you have really tried it in the way a bike of this kind deserve, and stil need to be convinced, i think that the tuono is not your bike :-) :-)

15k on my streetfighter. That said the gen 2 tuono I had was a great bike. If I didn't have the rsv4 I'd be all over the new tuono, but streetfighter's staying in my garage.
    Chris

a few bikes

apriliaforum newb
    Add to your collection. That's a sweet looking Streefighter you have there.

apriliaforum expert
    Nice street fighter. Hands down tuono over the service whore ducati!!! RSV4 has more power more fun to ride more toys on the dash to play with and of corse way better sound !!!

I really like the streetfighter, but i couldn't justify spending the cash on it when the Tuono offered so much more for a cheaper price. Cheaper after exhausts etc were added (in Australia a Termi system comes with an obscene price tag).
    Like Hyper said....if you have had a good ride of the bike and don't instantly want it then its probably not for you. That V4 bark is unbelievable, the APRC stuff is absolutely unreal and much needed on a 170hp bike. Hands down the best bike i have ever ridden.

I had a SF and now have a RSV4 the engine and fueling on the ape are way better. I also had the chance to ride the TV4 and it feels very much like the RSV4. The TV4 has all the best electonics for me I would really like wheelie control not so much TC. I still think the SF has the better looks, it just looks tuff to me. One last thing is the TV4 will be more comfortable at least for me it was.

Also that is a great looking SF. I know those pipes are loud as I had them on mine for about 100 miles lol

apriliaforum expert
    sup morvegil
    '00 VFR Sold
    '08 'BUSA Sold
    '10 T Factory Sold
    '14 GROM!

Ride them again back to back along your fav road. If you still cant decide then keep the Duc
    ScottyDog

Linkage Tester !

In The Garage

1. Tuono V4 in super fast Yellow, 15/42, Werkes pipe, Race ECU, Oz Forged Wheels, Aprilia Touring Screen, Revalved Forks & Shock, heated grips, CRG Bar End mirrors, Ventura Rack, Carbon side fairings, Baher Intercom, Mana raised bars, Seat Recovered, Nitrous kit, super charger, shitty Chinese folding levers & a flashy sticker that makes me faster...

2. GSXR K7 Track bike, all in bits after being knocked off at turn 1 Hampton Downs . Other rider banned for 2 months!

2012 Tuono V4 - ARPC "FACTORY"- Leo Vince SBK Exhaust (removed muffler hanger) Race ECU, Aprilia OEM Carbon (Rear Hugger, Front Fender,) 15 tooth front sprocket, Brembo radial master cylinder, CRG mirror, Evo tail tidy, Spider grips, Rizoma rear-sets, Austin racing levers, Galfer custom brake lines, R&G radiator guards, alcantara seat, Rizoma brake fluid tank, Evotech gas cap, Rizoma oil bolt, Rizoma 42mm risers and Rizoma Handlebars, Rizoma brake lever guard.
    Ohlins forks, Ohlins shock, Forged wheels, Brembo monobloc calipers. EBC extreme pads, RSV4 Factory rear tail and belly pan fairing.

Bottom line?: "Head turning - None! I went up the mountain among a bunch of bikes. Not one person even noticed it."
    "Ducatis are like strippers - great looking, but you have to keep throwing $$$ at them to keep them working!"
    - apriliajohn

Max reflects.
    Get your mind right.

apriliaforum Junkie
    Sounds like we've been saved again.

I wonder where Moz is now.

Yeah , i did 1 post there at ducati.ms they had conpaired an Pimped Sf from an good angle against an Tuono stock from an bad angle .. Just had to correct them a bit

apriliaforum expert
    Quote Originally Posted by SoulDaddy View Post
    Bottom line?: "Head turning - None! I went up the mountain among a bunch of bikes. Not one person even noticed it."
    That's the best part of this so called "review" ..

Quote Originally Posted by Hyper View Post
    That's the best part of this so called "review" ..
    Is there alot of ppl in the mounttains then , I dont think Mr Bigfoot is so intrested in Motocycles

Remember last summer when i parked my bike and there was 6-8 ppl standing amazed and wanted to sit on my bike , and my friend did drive an Sf s and no one did look at his bike that time ..But Sf is an very Cool looking bike i think but it is to expensive and is not as good as an Tuono by quite big bargin.

In my Book Sf is better that tuono is a few things .. Let me se .. hmm yea Looks it looks cooler when pimped , better brakes, abit lighter , but feels heavy to turnin in tight corner . Suspension Öhlins is the best even sachs is nice for most of us .

And it is hard to just compaire bikes for a couple of hours as you get so familiar with your bike ..I have tryed Sf a few times when i had my Hypermotard 1100 i liked the sf compaired ..But after driving Tuono Sf feelt very wierd like an diesel traktor with hard gearbox and superheavy clutch and wierd riding position ..funny thing was my pal with the sf liked my Tuono ..But that bastard went on Bying the new ducati Panigale 1199 s and that is an amazing bike .

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast