beo 500 rectifier (again)

Name:  aprilia#1.JPG
Views: 397
Size:  107.7 KBName:  newrec.JPG
Views: 319
Size:  35.7 KBName:  oldrerc.JPG
Views: 327
Size:  46.9 KB

I bought the Shindengen FH012AA to replace the overcharging original. I supposed to be able to get the new one to work? Doesn't look right at all to me.

Since the scooter will be up for sale, I should have played it smart just bought a plug and play OEM.

I'd appreciate any advice.

Thanks

TomD has a thread on how to replace on Beo. I replaced mine with the same model on your pictures for my Atlantic and did not have any problems. You would need to solder some wires but that was easy for a person like me that never done anything like that before.

I'm not familar with the picture on the far right. Is that a picture of rectifier on the bike?

apriliaforum newb
    I believe it is........that's why I was a little surprised when it looked nothing like the one I bought. The size, mounting pattern, and connectors are all different. I didn't anticipate that.

apriliaforum expert
    Dood U in wrong part of the country to find rect. Its behind the glove box Far left when sitting See my thread posts or W/e to Really see where it is my hands on it Etc How to mount this is a 45 min job see my pics no the parts do not look exactlt same but mount up .. easily well the orig. is a like 200 $ and you n bike r where State etc .. I imagine done by now im sure the next guy (buyer) wants it .. You gots to take off Left Wing/Air deflector

apriliaforum newb
    Quote Originally Posted by tomd View Post
    Dood U in wrong part of the country to find rect. Its behind the glove box Far left when sitting See my thread posts or W/e to Really see where it is my hands on it Etc How to mount this is a 45 min job see my pics no the parts do not look exactlt same but mount up .. easily well the orig. is a like 200 $ and you n bike r where State etc .. I imagine done by now im sure the next guy (buyer) wants it .. You gots to take off Left Wing/Air deflector
    Hey, thanks. I'll get on it today.

I'm in Wisconsin 2 hours south of Minneapolis

apriliaforum expert
    I guess this ios replaced and delivered He He

apriliaforum newb
    Quote Originally Posted by tomd View Post
    I guess this ios replaced and delivered He He

Nah........just got back to it today

what's an ios?

OK I found and unbolted the old one

could you give me the link to the pics?

Thanks

apriliaforum expert
    prolly easier to send em to ur e mail they on thread here somewhere though IS ios typo

apriliaforum prov-nov
    I did a search under TomD and found this thread http://www.apriliaforum.com/forums/s...ght=13+minutes. Great pics and explanation.
    Brian

apriliaforum expert
    How much ya sellin the bike 4?

The Shindengen FH012AA is bullet proof. I was doing some spring maintenance and made a mistake and hooked up the regulator wire wrong (neutral/ground on positive because wire is red and black) The bike would have a low voltage reading and when it needs high voltage at high speeds, it just shuts the scooter off. Did not destroy battery or regulator. I did not have to change any fuses. This regulator comes with a shut-off override switch instead of a fuse (unlike other aftermarket regulators) and I only needed to reconnect correctly. Great product.

apriliaforum Member
    Wow that is something, when normally it would fry the regulator, the harness and maybe even the alternator too. That says a lot for the engineers at that company that made that regulator.

Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by rowdyc View Post
    The Shindengen FH012AA is bullet proof. I was doing some spring maintenance and made a mistake and hooked up the regulator wire wrong (neutral/ground on positive because wire is red and black) The bike would have a low voltage reading and when it needs high voltage at high speeds, it just shuts the scooter off. Did not destroy battery or regulator. I did not have to change any fuses. This regulator comes with a shut-off override switch instead of a fuse (unlike other aftermarket regulators) and I only needed to reconnect correctly. Great product.

apriliaforum expert
    yes its built in protection will no over chg etc it just stops switches off and chks again to see if prob is there

I got the same replacement R/R last week and hope to install it today on my AA500. As I had a problem earlier, I also sprang for his LED charging indicator and will install that this week, too (I hope)
    David
    2004 Atlantic 500
    2007 E-ton Beamer Matrix II (sold) {New owner trashed it}

apriliaforum expert
    Our Chgn indicator works just fine Shoulda been how ya knew ? His n Youre stock meter gauge will be exact same If You tap to yellow stator wires comin outta case. and youve a dedicated Hot N Gnd to Battery a Volt hi er at Idle etc W new batt should 13.9 at idle after start has recovered

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast