Thread: Irish tour on Peg.

Irish tour on Peg.

I have just finalised my travel itinary for a circuit of the emerald isle in May this year. I have sourced some great bike friendly b&b's. Day 1will see a 200 mile ride to the ferry at Cairnryan to cross to Belfast followed by a further 35 miles to a b&b at Lurgan. Day 2is just over 200 miles to Westport on the Atlantic coast at Clew Bay. Day 3 is another 220 mile ride along the Atlantic coast to a lovely b&b at Cahersiveen on the ring of Kerry. Day 3sees me ride south then treck notheast to Inch in county Westport for another night b&b before my final day riding about 45 miles north to the ferry terminal at Dun Laoghaire crossing to Holyhead followed by another 150 miles ride home to Lancashire through north Wales. If anyone would like to join me they are most welcome. Dates are Friday 18 May to Tuesday 22nd.
    BMW F800GT.

Looking forward to the ride report!
    Frodo
    2010 Shiver GT
    New Zealand

do you know the nw200 is on that weekend ? race day sataday plus joey dunlops bar

Have done an Irish tour in a car about 10 years ago. It is a great place to travel. I would highly recommend the dingle penisula, far out west and the Blasket Islands are magical... if you have time to stop. There is just one thing that may take the shine off it... the weather, but you may be lucky, it is Ireland and they have worn down the Blarney stone quilte a bit. Have a great trip

apriliaforum prov-nov sanddweller's Avatar
    ...and the Isle of Man TT starting May 28.. You can occasionally get a ferry from Dublin to the IOM or more frequently from Belfast, then onward to Heysham. Take a spin around the course or some green-laning!
    2006 Pegaso Trail (x 2)
    Brisbane, Australia
    Douglas, Isle of Man
    2012 Moto Guzzi Stelvio NTX
    Douglas, Isle of Man

1380 trouble free miles on incredible roads set amongst stunning scenery. Watched the nw200 and now understand the word fast!

BMW F800GT.

Whilst on tour I rode the colourfuly named Corkscrew hill at Ballyvaughan. A few miles of sinewous tarmac with a miriad of the tightest of hairpins imaginable. For 10 to 15 minutes, I was Valentino Rossi!
    BMW F800GT.