Thread: My Toy 2010 SL750GT :)

apriliaforum newb

My Toy 2010 SL750GT :)

Hi All,

First day on the forum, been a sports bike owner the majority of my biking life, owner a CBR400 baby Blade after passing my test some 10 years ago, since then had a Ducati 748, ZX9R and a T595 Triumph.

Having been more than fed up with the troubles of owning these 90s sports bikes I thought it was time to upgrade and get something almost new !!! Too tight to face the devaluation of a new bike

After searching around originally planning to go for a newer sports bike I stumbled accross a 2010 SL750GT Shiver in a local bike dealer, it has 4800 miles and has just had a full Aprilia dealer service. The bike looked new it was in such clean condition, dont think its ever seen a wet road. Anyway they had it up for 4395. The bike really caught my eye and after trying it for size I went away to gen up on the Shiver.

The next day (yesterday) I was back and purchased it for 4295 which I think is a pretty good deal, they even went to the post office and taxed it for me so I could take it home then and there.

Done about 70 miles on it so far and its great. I love the ride height and position, the after market screen is ace. I want to get a rear hugger so any suggestions would be appreciated.

Looking forward to taking it to the IOM TT in June, will be tons more comfy than the old T595

Anyway here she is.

Name:  bike 1.jpg
Views: 201
Size:  39.6 KBName:  Bike 2.jpg
Views: 201
Size:  41.8 KBName:  Bike 3.jpg
Views: 202
Size:  37.0 KBName:  Bike 4.jpg
Views: 202
Size:  37.9 KB

Looking at your pictures, are you a light weight fella, because your spring preload on the rear shock is real loose. Just an observation
    '09 Dorsoduro 750
    '95 Kawasaki ZX-6R "project bike"

apriliaforum newb
    Hi,
    Yea fairly 12 stone bang on. Not sure of the previous owners size. Is adjustment needed, not familiar with the bike and tinkering yet !!

Lovely machine, you do need to sort out that rear preload though, if you check your owners manual it tells you what length of screw should be showing, from memory it's 150-160mm but best to check your book

apriliaforum newb
    Ok will do, I take it that it's easy adjustment. I warn you that I am a very non mechanically minded person lol

OE tool kit under the seat should come with a hook spanner. Just loosen the top ring to unlock the nuts, then tighten the bottom ring until your sag is adjusted to your liking, then tighten up the top ring against the bottom to lock it and all should be good.
    '09 Dorsoduro 750
    '95 Kawasaki ZX-6R "project bike"

apriliaforum newb
    That's great firemoto thanks, will have a look tomorrow, I think even I can manage that. I guess the previous owner was a little more portly than me , that said I have not ridden it hard enough to notice the suspension is not quite right for me.

Will sort the adjustment out ASAP

apriliaforum prov-nov
    Congratulations .... I've got the same model, same color ... I'm pleased. Enjoy

apriliaforum newb
    Thanks for the warm welcome all.

Nice bike have fun.
    A parting Glass.

Nice! Enjoy it!
    2009 Shiver
    2009 Stratoliner