Thread: Derbi gpr 50/75 no spark

Yellow Shirt

Smile Derbi gpr 50/75 no spark

Please help I have a lil Derbi gpr that won't spark or start I can bump start it with great difficulty I have had the carb serviced and cleaned reed valve and fuel lines etc brand new battery has been put in the starter turns the motor over but no spark. Could it be a bust cdi?

Yellow Shirt

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by ZutAlors View Post
    You say you can start it - with difficulty.

If it starts, it has spark.
    Yes how ever it only starts when it is bump started but it only starts briefly. But no start when the starter motor is used to try and start it. starting to peeve me off greatly

Yellow Shirt

Thumbs up

Haha shot I guess tonight is going. To be spent in the garage. Haha sorry I didn't even notice where I posted it. Haha I ain't no gp racer just I got my cbr 150 that I race haha

Okay I'm going to check all those things now. Im almost sure that it is just something small. The bike was runing the one second and then there after I couldn't get it to start I thunk I have a very weak spark aswell. Someone told me that the cdi could be playing up. All the surfaces where cleaned before the carb and reed block where booted back using a alcohol auto cleaning solution

Thanks for being helpful!

Regards