Thread: Bolt missing?

apriliaforum newb

Question Bolt missing?

When cleaning my bike I found a hole that might have had a bolt. It is left of the right side foot peg. It goes through bottom of the engine. I didn't spot it in engine removing guide. Also, pictures in spare catalogs didn't help. It might be something that is specific to center stand assembly.

In picture, red arrow points to hole.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bolt.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	177.9 KB 
ID:	187398

Does anybody have any info about this?
    Last edited by advtourer; 03-29-2012 at 04:13 PM.

apriliaforum newb
    Answering to myself:

It is a hole for M10x115 bolt that connects Dbl conrod sup. phor to the back of the engine. Dbl conrod itself is connected to engine cradle and footpegs. These bolts were also loose. Who knows how long the bolt have been missing.

Installing new one was not easy. Brake pedal had to be removed and there was not much room for tool in other side to stop nut rotating when tightening.

The same bolt was missing on mine! I thought it was a previous owner that had been messing with the bike, but if I was not alone, it might as well been this way from factory.
    1998 Pegaso (cube), 69096 km
    Don't take my word for anything until you get a second opinion! This is the Internet you know...

apriliaforum prov-nov
    How this could happen?

The only way is, to forget the screw, when the boy before reinstall the engine ... what a mess.

I hope, when i put my eingine in the frame, that i dont forget anything ..... like a big scew

Regards

Well, assuming this is not a factory flaw, the chanses that there would be three people that neglect to put back a screw this size are close to none. "Uhm, a 115 mm M10 left over; it must have come from my spectacles. No way in he.. it has to to with the bike I just reassembled...".

Relax Holgi, I dont think you'll miss it. Unless you've bin fiddling with a pair of Pegasos before...;-)
    1998 Pegaso (cube), 69096 km
    Don't take my word for anything until you get a second opinion! This is the Internet you know...