Thread: DD remapping?

apriliaforum newb

DD remapping?

Hello! my first message on this board.
    I was searching hours for any information on remapping DD1200 injection/ignition, and found here.
    Seems like there are no ready solutions available?
    Sooner today i was in dynostar dynamometer, and from information i learned there, and how my bike feels, serious mapping is needed.
    My bike is still stock, except latest arrow mapping (yes, with stock exhaust)
    TuneEcu could be one solution, but first iŽd need to find out which one of the plugs under seat is for the ecu communications and so on..
    Any ideas?
    I really like the bike, but the climate-saving settings are ruining the engine and my refueling intervals.
    Thanks.

Honest always, feared often Micah / AF1 Racing's Avatar
    The diagnostic connector is in the under seat area I think. Usually they are a black oval shaped three pin connector using only two pins. Next time I have one on my bench I will note the location. Memory is not serving me well at this hour.
    Diminished expectations is the key to happiness in life.

Micah Shoemaker
    AF1 Racing
    699 W. San Antonio
    New Braunfels, TX 78130
    830-626-3966
    micah@af1racing.com

apriliaforum prov-nov motardman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Knack View Post
    Hello! my first message on this board.
    I was searching hours for any information on remapping DD1200 injection/ignition, and found here.
    Seems like there are no ready solutions available?
    Sooner today i was in dynostar dynamometer, and from information i learned there, and how my bike feels, serious mapping is needed.
    My bike is still stock, except latest arrow mapping (yes, with stock exhaust)
    TuneEcu could be one solution, but first iŽd need to find out which one of the plugs under seat is for the ecu communications and so on..
    Any ideas?
    I really like the bike, but the climate-saving settings are ruining the engine and my refueling intervals.
    Thanks.
    I have the same problem, did you ever achieve any results and if so what tuning package did you use?

How about trying aprilias latest map for "stock pipes"
    2011 Dorsoduro 1200

apriliaforum newb
    There is a tuning package that can re-map dorsoduros - Rexxer. I've had my 750 DD remapped with it and it works and can be done on a 1200. The challenge is finding someone with a Rexxer, they don't seem to be that common. See this thread in the 750 forum http://www.apriliaforum.com/forums/s...uning-solution

apriliaforum prov-nov motardman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Man Hands View Post
    There is a tuning package that can re-map dorsoduros - Rexxer. I've had my 750 DD remapped with it and it works and can be done on a 1200. The challenge is finding someone with a Rexxer, they don't seem to be that common. See this thread in the 750 forum http://www.apriliaforum.com/forums/s...uning-solution
    I did have a look at the Rexxer, like you say the challenge is finding someone with a unit, even if I buy it then the next challenge is finding someone prepared to use it....bike tuner gurus are a little thin on the ground in NZ