Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help-engine stops

Quote Originally Posted by emil_llv View Post
    Sorry for the misunderstunding but is like this:
    If you put on your one bike the red button to run position first and than turn the key to on you can hear the fuel pump running for 2 seconds. That is the sound that is missing when my bike stops.
    What can it be?
    Thanks Frodo.
    Emil

If I switch the motor off using the red switch on the right handlebar, the motor stops but the dash indicators are still on, but I do not hear the fuel pump running. Same as when I stall the motor. However, when I then turn the ignition key off and then on, I hear the fuel pump prime for a couple of seconds then stop. So when your bike stops and you turn the key and on again, you should hear the fuel pump prime. Does it?
    Frodo
    2010 Shiver GT
    New Zealand

apriliaforum newb
    Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    However, when I then turn the ignition key off and then on, I hear the fuel pump prime for a couple of seconds then stop.
    yes I can hear it too

apriliaforum newb
    Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    So when your bike stops and you turn the key and on again, you should hear the fuel pump prime. Does it?
    when my bike stops I can`t hear the pump running.
    Last edited by emil_llv; 04-06-2012 at 06:19 PM.

apriliaforum newb
    so it finaly happened. the fuel pump died. exactly in the aprilia service yard. I went there to ask if they can test (diagnose) my byke, or if they have an ideea and.....surprise didn`t wanted to start. so the next day they told me that the fuel pump is burned and a new one is 600 eur. so I`m looking for a replacement. do you have an ideea? or do you know some data about the fuel pump: pressure dimmensions....anything?

Emil

Search this forum - there's a lot of information about fuel pumps and replacements. I replaced mine with a unit out of a BMW F650 single. Works well.
    Frodo
    2010 Shiver GT
    New Zealand

apriliaforum newb
    I read about that. Thanks. I just wanted to search something to fit in the same place like the old one or with minor modifications.

Sounds a little convenient for the bike to die on the aprilia service yard.....
    Maybe I am too suspicious, but look at doing it yourself or getting someone else to do it because 2-3 hours tops will see you taking out the fuel pump, replace the defective pump and put it back together. ite proceedurte fro getting the pump out is in the service manual.

apriliaforum newb
    Convenient for the bike but not for my poket. I left the bike there just for the computer testing. Anyway I will not let them put their pump because is 600 eur and that is to much. Searching the intenet I found out that some models of italian scooters Vespa and Piaggio use the same pump and I can buy from them only the pump not the ensemble like Aprilia sales. But I'll let you know as soon as I'm sure about it.
    Talk to you all soon.

That is the way to do it! I recon no more than 100 euro for a pump by itself and replace the filter at the same time. I bought mine for less than 15 euro. Search the forum for some good replacements for very little cost.

apriliaforum newb
    just been on e-bay and someone is selling just a pump for 75 quid brand new , he gives a list of bikes it fits in -- aprilia sxv, piaggio beverly and vespa gts , he says its a direct replacement with no mods . well worth a look

apriliaforum newb
    Thank you. But if it's the guy from Greece I already talked with him. That is where I found out that the pump fits the scooters and I went to Piaggio and I asked about the pump. They didn't knew that it fits to Aprilia Pegaso but I bought it and took it to the bike service and I hope that tomorow I'll get my bike back. So I had both pumps in my hand: IT IS THE SAME PUMP, SAME DIMENSIONS, SAME EVERYTHIG. I'll let you all know if the bike runs tomorow. By the way the pump cost me here in Romania 90 eur. And I think it is a good deal because I didn't modify anything.

Drive safe everybody.

apriliaforum newb
    hallo everybody,
    sorry for such a late post but I was out of town whit my work.
    I attached somme pictures with the replace pump that I used for my bike.
    this is the original kit for Piaggio Beverly 250cc or 300 cc. It uses the same pump and fuel filter like our Aprilia Pegaso 660. Also Vespa LX 125cc/250cc or Vespa S 125cc/250cc.

Name:  IMAG0290.jpg
Views: 493
Size:  27.1 KBName:  IMAG0291.jpg
Views: 812
Size:  35.7 KB

apriliaforum newb
    Emil, GREAT work!
    first time i see a post in various forums, mentioning a fully compatible (without mods) replacement parts.

Any feedback after running for a while with the new pump?

Thanks a lot.
    P.S. Frodo: you are my idol after reading so many posts from you about the Peggy. I'll post a new thread with my case soon. I'll count on your experienced help.

apriliaforum newb

fuel pump

[QUOTE=emil, GREAT work!
    first time i see a post in various forums, mentioning a fully compatible (without mods) replacement parts.

Any feedback after running for a while with the new pump?

Thanks a lot.
    P.S. Frodo: you are my idol after reading so many posts you about the Peggy. I'll post a new thread with my case soon. I'll count on your experienced help.[/QUOTE]

I had no problems since the replacement. I feel the bike running even better. Pulls harder. I think the old pump couldn`t give the same pressure in the last months of it's life like it should. Unfortunately I had a small accident in November, some guy with a car took a right turn without looking into the mirror and me trying to avoid the accident ,I ended with my bike scratched all over the right side. Now I'm waiting for the spring to start the repair it.
    All the best to everybody.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12