Thread: Newb ???'s about 2009 scarabeo 500ie

apriliaforum newb

Question Newb ???'s about 2009 scarabeo 500ie

I'm considering buying one of M.I's 2009 500ie's. I've read through some of this forum (nice btw). Are these solid bikes? Anything I should have done or be prepared to do for preventative maintenance if I buy one? Thanks. Rode a 200 beo once and loved it. I ride a 2003 guzzi stone and 650 wee strom currently.

apriliaforum newb
    I just bought one a few weeks ago because of the price. Came home and rode it on a 1800 mi trip to Fl. and back. It amazed me how well it handled.
    Seems to be a real solid bike. Oil change was an easy job, but some other things might be a bit harder with all the plastic to remove.
    I'm still liking it a lot!
    randy
    09 mana 850-new mtn. road machine
    09 agility 125-grocery getter
    00 KLR 650-mud bike
    Retired in east Tn. riding when i want!

apriliaforum expert
    I love my 500ie, got it from MotoInternational too, and I'm on the east coast.....they are great to do business with.

Yes, the 500ie is a solid bike. The only real issue has been the much documented ethanol damage to the fuel line.....but I'm sure that won't be an issue with a bike from these guys.

Vernon

Quote Originally Posted by mtwillyman View Post
    I'm considering buying one of M.I's 2009 500ie's. I've read through some of this forum (nice btw). Are these solid bikes? Anything I should have done or be prepared to do for preventative maintenance if I buy one? Thanks. Rode a 200 beo once and loved it. I ride a 2003 guzzi stone and 650 wee strom currently.
    Hey Willy, I've got a 06 Beo 500 GT with over 25000 miles on it. Not exactly the same scoot, but lot's of fun factor. I'd go for it!!!
    06 Beo 500GT 26500 miles
    01 Moto Guzzi California EV 120000 miles
    01 Moto Guzzi California EV 22000 miles
    79 Moto Guzzi V1000 Convert 60000 miles
    2014 Moto Guzzi California Touring 7000 miles

apriliaforum expert
    Look Guys the Plastic other than being there is No big deal it has screws take em out and take pieces off carefuly the broken tabs you find on these used bikes are mostly from mishandeling Once brittle the plastic breaks Easily Goop works real well to hold panels on at 100 mph and panel pulls and goop rolls up and discarded . If you can Keep bike in shelter and covered this alone even without protectant Goes Along Way. You See the Guys here have bikes nearing 27K and looking new It can be done Mine on the other Hand looks like the 5,s on You tube in Italy DRIVEN Faded 5-700 weekly Yr round as inexp as these things are crap i,ll just buy more Dont think theres anyway to make this kinda miles n use and keep in perfect between the driving and the methodology to constantly keep er covered and in etc mentally more comfortable to just get another or two..