Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 101

Thread: Akrapovic, Arrow or Leo Vince exhaust for Shiver MY 2010

  1. #31
    apriliaforum Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Croatia
    Posts
    148
    Quote Originally Posted by holataaprilia View Post
    Put the Akrapovic's on my DD, installed the DNA high flow air filter and had the dealer reflash the ECU. You have a choice of inner end cap with the Akra's. I took the end caps out and it sounds great, runs great and hits almost as hard as my old SXV550 did. Apparently there is another ref lash available that gives you even more grunt but it voids your warranty. (I'm thinking that's the "ECU Unleashed" reflash)? I'd put a steering dampener on it before I'd go for any more grunt. Got the Akra's from Pipecity.com for $899.00 delivered to my door last spring. Don't know if you would get the free shipping based on your location. GOOD LUCK, you won't be disappointed!!
    So once you changed the exhaust and the filter, dealer updated the ECU! I was not aware of that. I'll check with my dealer to see if anything like this is available.

  2. #32
    apriliaforum expert firemoto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Myrtle Beach SC
    Posts
    894
    Mihaun, to be honest, I didn't have the bike for very long before I did it. So I cannot give a good comparo, but I will say that I have not noticed any great deal of heat, not enough to be truly uncomfortable.
    '09 Dorsoduro 750
    '95 Kawasaki ZX-6R "project bike"

  3. #33
    apriliaforum Junkie Simmo_DD_FACT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Dorset UK
    Posts
    411
    I would go with the Akras, their build quality seems the best IMO....

    I wanted the Akras for my DD Factory but too many already had them, I went with the Mivvs and have not seen another Factory in the UK with them, they were a nightmare to fit and they are still not 100%, you will not have that issue with the Akras!!!
    2011 Dorsoduro Factory - Gone but not forgotten

    2012 Ducati Multistrada 1200

  4. #34
    apriliaforum Junkie
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Chesterfield, Derbyshire. UK
    Posts
    464
    Personally, I've bought more aftermarket exhausts than you can shake a stick at. The Italian stuff is OK. Does the job, stylish, but quality isn't perfect. Akrapovic is just awesome quality kit. Just perfection, with full spare parts back up too. You'll always get strong money for it on Ebay, once you decide to sell. If you can afford it - buy it. That's my view.

  5. #35
    apriliaforum expert DesertGoon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
    Posts
    2,617
    Quote Originally Posted by Clint_Fister View Post
    Personally, I've bought more aftermarket exhausts than you can shake a stick at. The Italian stuff is OK. Does the job, stylish, but quality isn't perfect. Akrapovic is just awesome quality kit. Just perfection, with full spare parts back up too. You'll always get strong money for it on Ebay, once you decide to sell. If you can afford it - buy it. That's my view.
    My Italian garage:
    2011 RS125 - Not a RSV4.
    2009 Shiver 'Factory APRC' - OEM Screen, CF panels/fender/belly pan/key hole & radiator side covers, DNA air filter, PC Flo o-filter, Pazzo levers, Akra slip-ons, LV decat, NGK Iridium, 16/45 Afam/Superlite sprocs, EK X-ring gold, Skidmarx hugger, Evotech tail tidy, LSL fatbar & sliders, HLD seat cover, clear clutch cover & protector, Samco hoses, Matris adjustable cartridge & mono, Barracuda LEDs, MFW Vario pegs, Fatduc O2 adjuster, brake lever guard, Rosso II, LighTech reservoir, oil caps and bobbins, LED tail bulbs, PIAA H7 Xtreme white bulbs, Braking SK2 rotors, forged RSV4F rear wheel.
    2008 Cagiva Mito 125 - Not a Ducati.

  6. #36
    apriliaforum Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Croatia
    Posts
    148
    Quote Originally Posted by Clint_Fister View Post
    Personally, I've bought more aftermarket exhausts than you can shake a stick at. The Italian stuff is OK. Does the job, stylish, but quality isn't perfect. Akrapovic is just awesome quality kit. Just perfection, with full spare parts back up too. You'll always get strong money for it on Ebay, once you decide to sell. If you can afford it - buy it. That's my view.
    Glad I've decided on Akra's. On top of the quality and design, we used to live in the same country so I'm happy that my money is going to Slovenia.

  7. #37
    apriliaforum Junkie Simmo_DD_FACT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Dorset UK
    Posts
    411
    Quote Originally Posted by Clint_Fister View Post
    Personally, I've bought more aftermarket exhausts than you can shake a stick at. The Italian stuff is OK. Does the job, stylish, but quality isn't perfect. Akrapovic is just awesome quality kit. Just perfection, with full spare parts back up too. You'll always get strong money for it on Ebay, once you decide to sell. If you can afford it - buy it. That's my view.
    Agree but if you want your bike to be individual then sometimes Akra won't cut it as they are far too common IMO

    The quality of the Mivv's I have is excellent, just the fitting was a nightmare and to be honest their customer service isn't up to scratch either but for me they were the perfect exhaust for my bike!

    It's all about trade offs and compromise I suppose!
    2011 Dorsoduro Factory - Gone but not forgotten

    2012 Ducati Multistrada 1200

  8. #38
    apriliaforum Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Croatia
    Posts
    148
    Quote Originally Posted by Simmo_DD_FACT View Post
    Agree but if you want your bike to be individual then sometimes Akra won't cut it as they are far too common IMO

    The quality of the Mivv's I have is excellent, just the fitting was a nightmare and to be honest their customer service isn't up to scratch either but for me they were the perfect exhaust for my bike!

    It's all about trade offs and compromise I suppose!

    Not many Shiver's where I live, and mine being ABS version had to be ordered from Italy. My dealer told me it's the only red/black MY2010 in Croatia, so I think there is no issue with exclusivity
    Also, dealer will install it for nominal fee and it won't void my warranty. And it's available in the store the day I arrive. Leo Vince or Arrow I had to be ordered a month in advance...
    But your Mivv looks very nice too!!!

  9. #39
    apriliaforum Junkie Simmo_DD_FACT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Dorset UK
    Posts
    411
    Quote Originally Posted by mihaun View Post
    Not many Shiver's where I live, and mine being ABS version had to be ordered from Italy. My dealer told me it's the only red/black MY2010 in Croatia, so I think there is no issue with exclusivity
    Also, dealer will install it for nominal fee and it won't void my warranty. And it's available in the store the day I arrive. Leo Vince or Arrow I had to be ordered a month in advance...
    But your Mivv looks very nice too!!!
    You will not be disappointed with Akra's they make a fantastic exhaust for build quality, looks and sound!!

    P.S the Mivvs haven't voided my warranty either, just got to have a good dealer
    2011 Dorsoduro Factory - Gone but not forgotten

    2012 Ducati Multistrada 1200

  10. #40
    apriliaforum Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Croatia
    Posts
    148
    Quote Originally Posted by firemoto View Post
    Mihaun, to be honest, I didn't have the bike for very long before I did it. So I cannot give a good comparo, but I will say that I have not noticed any great deal of heat, not enough to be truly uncomfortable.
    I've done a total of 101km on my bike in two rides. First one was on the day I brought it from the dealer and it was done at 9pm with 3 degrees Celsius, cooooold... I took it for the ride the next day, and that day the temp was between 10 and 13 Celsius and at the end of an hour ride I could notice that my left butt cheek was getting warm. I'm concerned if I could sense this at 13 degrees, how's going to be in summer when we have 30+...
    Day after that ride I was on the plane and still away, hence the low km reading on my odometer (working abroad).

  11. #41
    apriliaforum Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Croatia
    Posts
    148
    Quote Originally Posted by firemoto View Post
    Mihaun, to be honest, I didn't have the bike for very long before I did it. So I cannot give a good comparo, but I will say that I have not noticed any great deal of heat, not enough to be truly uncomfortable.
    I just found this part, Akrapovic Heat Shield For Shiver (PU18610572), which I hope can help with this issue. And it's inexpensive for under 30USD which I hope will help with the heat.
    Does anyone have any experience with this?

  12. #42
    apriliaforum newb
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    14
    Quote Originally Posted by mihaun View Post
    I just found this part, Akrapovic Heat Shield For Shiver (PU18610572), which I hope can help with this issue. And it's inexpensive for under 30USD which I hope will help with the heat.
    Does anyone have any experience with this?
    No experience here, but have eyed this myself as a means to protect the underside of the seat from road debris. I assume this will also fit the DD, but does anyone know for certain?

  13. #43
    apriliaforum newb
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    14
    Quote Originally Posted by spook View Post
    I picked up carbon Leos as I liked their look the most. But I think you cant make a mistake with either of the big three (Leo, Arrow, Akra).

    To support my post:
    Attachment 187306
    Attachment 187307
    Attachment 187308
    Attachment 187309
    I really like the underside protector above your Leo's. Is that something you made or did you purchase the item?

  14. #44
    apriliaforum Member spook's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Czech Republic
    Posts
    153
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikao View Post
    I really like the underside protector above your Leo's. Is that something you made or did you purchase the item?
    Hi, I made it myself. It is based on a template I got from other members but I changed it quite a lot. There is a topic about it, search for "Another undertray option", right now Im not in the condition to find it myself, sorry
    '08 Aprilia Shiver
    '10 Honda CRF250R

  15. #45
    apriliaforum newb
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    14
    Quote Originally Posted by spook View Post
    Hi, I made it myself. It is based on a template I got from other members but I changed it quite a lot. There is a topic about it, search for "Another undertray option", right now Im not in the condition to find it myself, sorry
    Thanks Spook!!! You did a great job on yours.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •