Thread: Chatterbox GMRS-X1 + Extras

Feedback Score

Chatterbox GMRS-X1 + Extras

The Navy is moving me again, and the wife is putting her foot down after 12 years that EVERYTHING I don't use anymore has to go, hence this ad.

In any case, back in 2004, I paid $328 for all this. You can still buy this exact unit new many places. It has maybe 10 trips on it if I remember correctly, and has sat in my "random box of old hobbies" box for at least the last 5 years. The LCD display still has the protective plastic on it (that most people take off but I don't).

Original box and receipt
    Chatterbox GMRS X1
    2 headset/mic combos
    2 batteries
    Charger
    Push-to-talk switch
    Helmet clip
    Sticky tabs

The only thing I can't find is the $17 extension cord that plugs the passenger headset/mic into the back of the unit. Good thing I found a website for you that sells them along with all the other accessories if you ever need any:
    http://www.mwsbike.com/x1x2_optional.html

Also, the headset/mic that was in my wifes helmet does not have the little foam cups over the speakers... she said "they itched". Anyways, they're 1.75", and you probably want to replace the foam anyways since old foam tends to tear. The foam covers for the mics disappeared after a few uses. Radio Shack I'm sure sells the foam cups for earphones and those will certainly work on the mic's with a skinny zip-tie.

But other than a $17 cable THAT YOU ONLY NEED IF YOU HAVE A PILLION and some foamies, everything is here. Both batteries have been charged and op-checked against my Motorola walkie-talkies, and everthing is in great shape.

The cheapest I could find the unit is $160, plus another $75 for the spare battery and pillion headset/mic, plus another $15 shipping.

Asking $130 shipped CONUS. Paypal only. The price is kinda firmish... I think it's fair as it is already less than half of current retail with all the papers including original packaging and receipt. I'd be asking $150 if I had the pillion connection cord.

PM me here on the forum. It's boxed and ready to go, can be in the mail today!!!

Also, if you're New Orleans local, I'm interested in 9mm and .223 range ammo for trade.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_4058.JPG 
Views:	14 
Size:	158.4 KB 
ID:	187200Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_4056.JPG 
Views:	14 
Size:	148.6 KB 
ID:	187201
    NFO's do it in the back seat!

apriliaforum Junkie jesuslives504's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    Im local and id like to check the unit out...very inerested although I kinda like the fact that I dont have to hear my wife complaining when I do something she doesnt like
    Current:
    2007 tuono r
    Past:
    2002 falco r
    1998 suzuki 900rf (great bike)

apriliaforum newb
    Feedback Score
    I just sent you a pm