Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: DIY Installing your slip on (Leo Vince used for this example)

apriliaforum expert
    Just installed a Devil Master carbon exhaust. I really wanted an Austin Racing can but stumbled on this on ebay brand new for 260 delivered. So not bad for a decent brand carbon can. The exhaust is e-marked with a removable baffle and has an optional CAT insert that sits between the silencer and link pipe. Installation was a bitch. Everything was going smoothly until I had to install the strap on the silencer that attaches to a bracket with two screws. In the end after shedding blood I had to use a d clamp to press both sides of the strap together at the top. Instructions on this thread were great. So thankyou!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1080154.jpg 
Views:	177 
Size:	297.9 KB 
ID:	207430  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1080157.jpg 
Views:	186 
Size:	301.4 KB 
ID:	207431  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1080156.jpg 
Views:	156 
Size:	290.2 KB 
ID:	207432  

Last edited by RobertyBob; 11-17-2012 at 12:08 PM.

apriliaforum expert kingvolcano's Avatar
    How is the sound?

apriliaforum Member
    Looking thought this spread it appears that most are saying its a must to move to the race map if fitting an end can. My local ap dealer says no need its ok with end can only on standard map....actually spoke to someone with the Austin pipe on standard map and he was saying it felt great with no issues.....but are they actually running weak??

apriliaforum Member Bermo supermoto's Avatar
    the consensus of opinion on other bike forums that members put after market cans on is that bikes tend to run lean even though exhaust companies insist that no remap is needed
    previous bikes :
    honda mtx 125
    honda ns 400 r
    suzuki gsxr 750
    kawasaki zxr 750
    ktm duke 640
    ktm 950sm
    ktm 990sm
    ktm superduke R
    aprilia sx 550
    current bikes:
    CB 1000 R extreme
    ktm 950 SM ( again )
    aprilia tuono V4R in yellow

apriliaforum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bermo supermoto View Post
    the consensus of opinion on other bike forums that members put after market cans on is that bikes tend to run lean even though exhaust companies insist that no remap is needed
    Yes. Had a good look through other sites and even a quote from Ap states that the Akro can if installed with DB killer and cat is ok on standard map, any other then race map required.

Sent email to Austin racing and they still insist no mapping required....they are at the NEC show so going to have another word with them.

Spending another 600 on a race map is a little OTT, even though those that have done it really rate the change as a must..

Do like the GPR cans has anyone on here fitted them. The twin stubby ones.

Exhaust manufacturers want to sell you their cans & pipes. They also don't have to replace your motor if it grenades some day from running lean.

Just some food for thought.
    "The Tuono sounds like a fighter jet made out of biceps!" -Michael Selley

Check LA weather

Quote Originally Posted by stinky View Post
    Exhaust manufacturers want to sell you their cans & pipes. They also don't have to replace your motor if it grenades some day from running lean.

Just some food for thought.
    Yes . But i doubt that akropovic ,Leovince , Austin and all the others just claim that no mapping is needed without any knowhow about it .

Their credibelity would not benefit if they just made stuff like that up .

IIRC, Akra does claim that remapping is necessary unless you're using the catted midpipe and db killer.

Edit note: Oops, my bad, it's AF1's recommendation I'm referring to:

In the event of usage on circuits closed to public traffic, we strongly recommend using the racing ECU in combination with an exhaust system with no catalytic converter or dBkiller. When using exhaust systems without catalytic converter but with the dB-killer installed (such as when riding on circuits with noise restrictions), using the racing ECU is still recommended.
    Last edited by stinky; 12-02-2012 at 02:52 PM.
    "The Tuono sounds like a fighter jet made out of biceps!" -Michael Selley

Check LA weather

This thread makes me drool... I'm going to get a new pipe sometime soon, so far I'm torn between:

-AR Carbon (best looks, but I'm afraid it might be too loud)
    -Akro Carbon (love it, but it might be a little too long, seems like best quallity)
    -LeoVince Carbon (Seems like a good in-between option as far as looks/quallity)

Just thinking "out loud" here....

Do any of you guys have the Carbon LeoVince on the yellow tuono? do you have pics? I've only seen the titanium pipe on yellow T's so far...
    Last edited by Vehicle 1; 12-06-2012 at 10:33 AM.
    12' Tuono V4
    04' 636

apriliaforum expert craigo298er's Avatar
    Just bought the Leo Vince titanium slip-on. Price was right, Lv dealer right down the road cut me a deal since he is trying to get some product/business in (he is the Moped Medic, but does some motorcycle service too).

apriliaforum expert
    Good choice, I like the look of the Leo Vince. Post up some photos when its on. I was happy with the Devil exhaust I posted pics of above, then "accidentally" bought myself an Austin GP2 at the NEC bike show, which is really what I wanted.

Now I've won an official Aprilia Akrapovic Evo system off Ebay USA for less than the price of a slip on... Didnt think I would win for the bid I put in, doh! Bargain but credit card now full. Also I'm sure UK customs will be sending me a nice letter before Christmas demanded import duties etc. Not sure I've seen anyone post about the full system on here yet. So will take some photos of how it fits.

apriliaforum expert kingvolcano's Avatar
    I honestly like the looks of the stock muffler system, it's a beautiful design. I'd like to have the same design with a just a better muffler.

apriliaforum newb
    I might be crazy, I like stock pipe but I want race ecu, with a better breathing filter could a person do this or would I need pc?

Wrong thread.........
    Last edited by RoteEddie; 12-09-2012 at 08:13 AM.
    Tor
    Tuono V4R 12'
    KTM 690 Enduro R 12'
    (x)Aprilia Tuono Factory 09'
    (x)Aprilia Tuono 06'

apriliaforum Member standrewscross's Avatar
    Anyone fitted the arrow (dark series?) any comments or pictures. Seems similar size to the akra.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast