Thread: Sprag clutch

apriliaforum newb

Sprag clutch

I am new to this site and have just recently bought my first Aprilia, a 1994 Pegaso 650, single cylinder Rotax. However, it looks as though I may have bought a Lemon! I have only owned it 3 weeks! Mileage 29000 and in good condition.

The sprag clutch has definately gone and I am trying to find the most cost effective way to repair it. I understand that many BMW,KTM parts (even jet skis?) fit this engine. Can anyone advise me on where I can get these parts from? (I live in London).

The bike itself seems fine apart from this problem.It is great to ride and brilliant in London traffic. A few Aprilia dealers explained o me that due to the high cost of Aprilia parts many of these bikes get scrapped even though they are in generally a good order.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hello mate,

I think you have got the wrong forum as the former model of Pegaso had the Sprag clutch.

Have a look in the Peg ie and cube forum as I know it has been an issue hear. You are right about the item being avialaibe from other manufacturers at a cheaper price though, I believe the BMW item is identical but much cheaper.

check out hte forum as it has lots of advice. all the best

Dave