Thread: Have I made a dreadful mistake?

Have I made a dreadful mistake?

Just bought a 2006 Peg to do a daily commute. Used to do similar on a TDM900 a couple of years ago but wanted something a bit lighter. Then... I started reading reviews on the Peg and it would seem to be a very unreliable bike and prone to corrosion. I need this to take me through the winter.

Should I keep it for Summer and then reconsider or am I just seeing the bad reviews?

Mandi

hi i dont post here often but i bought my 2008 peg factory model in june 2010 and never had any problems with mine and i ride all year, last November did a trip of 1058 miles and it never missed a beat. cornwall to gloucester then swansea then NEC show then Northants then Ace Cafe London back to Northants then back home to Cornwall a week later, heading to watch World superbike race in Donnington in May and on the bike again. with a few places to see in bewteen
    2000 Yamaha Virago 535cc
    2001 Suzuki Burgman 400cc
    2005 Honda XR 125cc

knowing the beast does tend to help.

I am getting ready to go to the balkens on my peg trail in two months that will be 700 miles in 5 weeks and I am not overly worried. I would say a bit of pre-emptive cleaning and corrosion prevention goes a long way. Some items are fragile, fuel pump, dash and ignition wiring, but again, steps can be taken. Most up us cussing here are dealing with problems that have developed because of a lack of maintencance from first users.

Thanks for that, it makes me feel alot better. As I suspect you tend to hear the bad. My concerns are over Italian made bikes; I had a X9 from new but it started falling apart at 16,000 miles; had a TDM and did 27,000 miles without a problem.

M.

My Strada does his Job without issues after 59k km and over 6 years ridin' by ever weather and season
    and this one was taken apart after 81000 km and will soon simply put together and on his way without a single problem …
    I don't think you maded a false decision

apriliaforum newb
    I bought a peg trail new in 2008. It still looks brand new. No corrosion and never had a problem yet. I think you made a good decision.

The short answer is "no, you have not made a mistake"

Some here are probably tired of my singing the praises of the peg, and pointing to what (2) can do. http://www.ytc.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/ind-frame-2.htm
    Last edited by ytc1; 04-09-2012 at 10:33 AM.