Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trail for sale

Trail for sale

Hello all. Long time, no post!. I have just listed my Trail on ebay. Sadly time to let it go as I need the money for a ride from London to KL (on my Yamaha XT660Z Tenere). I will probably offer some bits from it on here once the bike has gone (taller seat, aluminium bash plate etc.). Thanks for all your help and advice in the past.
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...m=200728846665
    无名-傻子老外!
    -----------------
    2006 Pegaso Trail Now sold

http://wuminglondontokl.blogspot.com/

Sorry to loose you. London I know but is KL Kuala Lumpa or Kidsgrove Library? Whatever your journey, do have a good time and spend many a time, eyes at 90 degrees.I might be interested in ally bash plate and if you have crash bars too.... It is like vultures around a carcass I know....... All the best Dave

Yes, Wuming, I appreciated your contributions to this forum. Good to see that the new bike has the same motor, anyway. Interested in your perspectives on the Tenere and for a link to any blog you might write while travelling.
    Cheers and have fun
    Frodo
    2010 Shiver GT
    New Zealand

Wuming, assuming KL is Kuala Lumpur, feel free to ask any question on this part of the world should you have any. Oh, and this vulture is eyeing your H&B pannier frame, should you do home delivery or willing to ship

Thanks all. Yes, it is Kuala Lumpur (Kidsgrove Library is a bit too hard-core of a ride for me!). Setting off in July, before the Olympic madness descends. Going via the 'Stans and Tibet to Laos and then down to Thailand, maybe Cambodia (if time permits) and Malaysia. Haven't sussed the route from London to the 'Stans yet, but I'll think of something!

Anyway, just went to put some petrol in the Peg., only to discover the switch to open the "glove compartment" / filler cap access isn't working. Had to take the seat off to pull the wire manually. Is this an electrical fault, or does the cable need tightening or what should I be looking at? Need to get it fixed before it sells. Thanks again guys.
    无名-傻子老外!
    -----------------

apriliaforum prov-nov Antrats73's Avatar

Trail for sale

I had the same problem first I checked the fuse that was fine then I realised the wiring plug had worked loose that go's into the pull mechanism itself hope this helps have a great trip!!

Quote Originally Posted by wuming View Post
    Hello all. Long time, no post!. I have just listed my Trail on ebay. Sadly time to let it go as I need the money for a ride from London to KL (on my Yamaha XT660Z Tenere). I will probably offer some bits from it on here once the bike has gone (taller seat, aluminium bash plate etc.). Thanks for all your help and advice in the past.
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...m=200728846665
    Personally I would have been happy to take the Peg on that trip.

Hello ytc1. No doubt the Peg is more than capable of doing such a trip; as you proved with your epic American adventure. The things that really tipped me over to the XT were mainly the big tank/range. It can do up to around 350 miles on one tank of fuel; this is great for my peace of mind! The 21" as opposed to 19" front wheel and (arguably) better dirt manners were also factors. The fact that Yamaha is a global brand and (theoretically) easier to get parts in far flung places.
    I will be sad to see the Peg go (still not sold!!); but for the kind of biking that I enjoy, the XT just nails it for me at this time. Also, it just looks great!
    无名-傻子老外!
    -----------------

Hello ytc1. No doubt the Peg is more than capable of doing such a trip; as you proved with your epic American adventure. The things that really tipped me over to the XT were mainly the big tank/range. It can do up to around 350 miles on one tank of fuel; this is great for my peace of mind! The 21" as opposed to 19" front wheel and (arguably) better dirt manners were also factors. The fact that Yamaha is a global brand and (theoretically) easier to get parts in far flung places.
    I will be sad to see the Peg go (still not sold!!); but for the kind of biking that I enjoy, the XT just nails it for me at this time. Also, it just looks great!
    I know what you mean over the looks of the XT, and understand the fuel thing. I was very apprehensive about tank range before we left for our trip. Carrying a 8 litre fuel can after Mexico did not pose any issues.

What we did realise was that any country that used small cars (tuk tuks) and bikes had a need for many petrol stations. The spare fuel was not needed until Chile where everyone has a large car and a large tank range. It was the only country we saw other (local) bikes carrying spare fuel.

The danger of a large fuel tank is possibly complacency. We rode we other people who had the capacity bit did not fill up as often as us. If they then hit a stretch with no fuel they started to get worried. My advice is to think about a fill up every 100 miles. This also means you get a rest and a chance to talk to locals.

On the unsold Peg front, I know someone who may be interested. He is joining me on the trip across Russia next year (yes the peg is off again :-) )

ytc, what route across Russia are you planning?
    Must admit that's something at the back of my mind.
    Frodo
    2010 Shiver GT
    New Zealand

Nothing 100% fixed
    Down to the Ukraine, then off into Kazakhstan, back into Russia, dip into Mongolia and then off to Vlad.

Here is an amazing report about a ride along the BAM (Baikal-Amur-Mainline) road: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=533442
    Bit out of my depth!
    Frodo
    2010 Shiver GT
    New Zealand

Don't worry, I don't intend to put the peg through that :-)

The girls may be a different matter ......

Well, the Peg. is finally sold. I have a higher seat and alu. bash plate for sale. I will post pics and decide on prices soon. ytc1: hope your Russia trip goes well. I will be passing through a little bit of Russia en route to the 'Stans in July/August time. Hope you keep a blog as I thoroughly enjoyed your last one!
    无名-傻子老外!
    -----------------

Well, the Peg. is finally sold. I have a higher seat and alu. bash plate for sale. I will post pics and decide on prices soon. ytc1: hope your Russia trip goes well. I will be passing through a little bit of Russia en route to the 'Stans in July/August time. Hope you keep a blog as I thoroughly enjoyed your last one!
    Good to hear the bike sold, my mate lost interest when he saw "Brentford" , south is such a pain :-) .

I'm sure I will have another attempt at blogging, I just won't have Jean around to edit them :-( (I suppose I can get her to do it from back home :-) )

I've got a feed from your blog, so will be watching the Russian bits with interest.

Are you going to Khazakhstan ?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast