Thread: want to eat humble pie?

want to eat humble pie?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kz03sQeX02c

a 2 min lap at Laguna will put you into the intermediate group for a track day, it's not real fast, but on a 250 it is, this guy carries an awesome amount of corner speed and was turning sub 1:55's
    potere - italian for power
    have M1 permit, will travel

Got to love that. Kinda makes me want one.

Bob, wish I was going to Laguna on the 8th with you all but had already signed up for Sears Pt on the 7th. I am going to Laguna on March 29th though. You signed up for that one ? Cheap day, only 5 sessions though. Got rid of that GSXR 1000 and picked up a sweet little SV650S for track days. Hate to take my beloved Tuono out there run the dog snot out of it (fun though). Might take a ride down to Laguna on the morning of the 8th anyway and see if I can pick up a left over slot.

Ain't it great to have CHOICES? Won't be up to that much driving, trailering, etc between the 2 tracks but I will sign up for a Sears Point this year. Someone may be a no show at Laguna, hard to say, it was sold out quickly. I'm doing Laguna again, signed up for a double header Oct 23/24, come join in.
    Haven't seen you up at Alice's at all.

Weird, I was just looking at Logans Chuckwalla race video and commented how f'n cool this video is. He's flying on the wee Ninja.

Tat's why my little Rs125 makes me smile under my helmet..
    A parting Glass.

apriliaforum expert
    Quote Originally Posted by maddad View Post
    Tat's why my little Rs125 makes me smile under my helmet..
    Same, except mine is more of a lunatic sort of smile, typically reserved for people within institutions.

Does make you feel like a champ when you are on the gas all the time, and braking under the 50m marker when bigger bikes have to slow down much earlier.

Wow a 250 4T none the less. They were walking on him out of T11, but he was reeling them in everywhere else. I know when I did Seca on my RS 250, a similar phenomena (I'm nowhere near as bad ass though) was occurring and I do remember a bike going off on T11 and T6. I think people resent the little bike like a fly buzzing around their face.

RZ Rob

Name:  IMG_5476.jpg
Views: 213
Size:  33.8 KB
    Keep the Rubber Side Down

Bikes

2004 Aprilia RSVR Factory - Silver (the fastest color)
    2007 Aprilia SXV 550 - Plated
    1999 Aprilia RS250 - Plated
    2003 Honda CRF150 - Plated (girlfriend's toy)
    2006 Honda CRF450 - Fun Toy
    1970 Honda Z50 - Plated (pretty clean)
    GoPed Sport - Conquered IOM TT in 2000

apriliaforum expert
    Quote Originally Posted by RZRob View Post
    I think people resent the little bike like a fly buzzing around their face.
    There used to be a track day organiser at my local track who allowed both big and small bikes on track at the same time.

After a few events, some (not all, just a few guys) were complaining that the small bikes should not be on track because "we were blocking their lines".

The question on who is actually riding faster aside, most of us small bike owners think it's crazy talk that one could get blocked by a small bike on a huge GP track like sepang. What's worst, is that there are people slower than us on the corners with their nice big liter bikes! Unsurprisingly, these are the same ones that complained about us.

Ultimately, the organiser had limit his future events to 400cc and above only.

I just figured out why the 10 and 11 year olds on 125's can pass everyone on track at will, it's cause they don't have to pay for anything if they break it!

Quote Originally Posted by potere View Post
    I just figured out why the 10 and 11 year olds on 125's can pass everyone on track at will, it's cause they don't have to pay for anything if they break it!

No Shit!

DM
    #1 Forum Magic Missile Caster

First Corporations. Now extinct sauropods have Civil Rights? This country's going to Hell

It's an ill wind that blows no mind.

2007 Moto Guzzi Griso
    1984 Moto Guzzi V65
    1988 Yamaha FZ750 rat bike

this post was just what the doctor ordered... my son (15) is getting ready for his first track day next weekend, and he's got a pretty nice little '12 Ninja250 to do it on (i paid nearly nothing for it). He's got several years of supermoto experience, so i'm already scheming what his next bike is going to be (rs125?, sv650?, ...) but after seeing this video i think we'll stick with the status quo for at least the first year! yeehaa
    Tuono 1000R * * * Honda CRF450 * * * Honda CBR600RR track toy
    "The key to life is to die young. And to delay it as long as possible."

Quote Originally Posted by potere View Post

that, and just like in MX, the fast kids probably hadn't crashed hard , YET!!! seems after that 1st biggy, they tend to slowdown a bit...lol
    rulz, we donn neeeed no steeenkin rulz....

inside rulz!!