Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Clutch/Slave issue

I didnt mention,my clutch worked perfectly before this problem,and then all of the sudden it quit working.its a 2001 mille by the way.So its possible to get air in there out of nowhere?Or when I had my bike serviced,they might not have bled it enough to get all the air out?Sorry for all the questions,but between work and kids I dont really have a lot of time to troubleshoot in the garage.

Okay, this forum is for 04 and later RSVR's. Check out the RSV1000 Mille, Mille R, and Mille SP (1998-2003) forum.

I'm just realizing that you are not the one who started this thread so I didn't know I was talking to two different people about two different problems. In the future just start your own thread in the proper forum.

I'll be glad to help but try and give accurate descriptions about what the bike is doing and avoid vague labels like "it quit working." Most likely it just needs bleeding. If it cannot be bled to restore proper feel then the master is worn out or the bleeding technique is at fault. If it can be bled to good function but a soft lever returns after some time then it is likely the master is bad. If fluid is leaking out but not from the master then the slave is likely at fault.

Quote Originally Posted by kzmille View Post
    Okay, this forum is for 04 and later RSVR's. Check out the RSV1000 Mille, Mille R, and Mille SP (1998-2003) forum.

I'm just realizing that you are not the one who started this thread so I didn't know I was talking to two different people about two different problems. In the future just start your own thread in the proper forum.

I'll be glad to help but try and give accurate descriptions about what the bike is doing and avoid vague labels like "it quit working." Most likely it just needs bleeding. If it cannot be bled to restore proper feel then the master is worn out or the bleeding technique is at fault. If it can be bled to good function but a soft lever returns after some time then it is likely the master is bad. If fluid is leaking out but not from the master then the slave is likely at fault.
    ok,will do..thanks for all the help.I really appreciate any info I can get.I didnt realize i was in the wrong spot.Thanks again.

an update, with 500 miles on the oe slave and 40 jet its much more functionable.

One thing that just came to mind, I remember when i first got my '00 it was also tough to N, i replaced the leaky slave to get "alittle" better results, similar to now.

It wasnt until after a road accident (where i was rearended at a light..) when I replaced my gp linkage to a standard lever off the selector. With that solid bar in place the shifting was much more solid and firm( and nuetral was MUCH easier to find).

NOW on my '04 I have gilles rear sets with linkage to the selector, might be a similar issue. I like having gp shift back tho, so Ill just live with it!! second to N is easy enough.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12