Thread: Oetiker

Oetiker

I'm looking to do some fuel line work, and eventually coolant hoses. And I want to use the OE Oetiker clamps.

I've done a little searching and found "One Ear", "Two Ear", and "One Ear Stepless" Clamps. None of which look like the ones used on my bike.
    Name:  79.jpg
Views: 354
Size:  2.4 KBName:  88.jpg
Views: 355
Size:  2.5 KBName:  89.jpg
Views: 355
Size:  2.4 KB

What are these called?
    Anyone have a P/N to a kit including multiple sizes & the pliers?

Name:  HoseClamp.jpg
Views: 601
Size:  50.4 KB
    '03 Falco Bought New on 4/6/07:
    Custom paint, Powder Coated RSV Swing arm, RSV Shock, Anodized Rear Sets, Ti Hardware, Anodized (Blue) Fork Caps, SL Carbon Cans, SL Carbon Chip, Custom Airbox w/ K&N Filter, Evo Clutch Slave Cyl., CF Front Sprocket Cover, Rear Hugger, & Chain Guard, GP Shifter, Tuono Rear Brake Master Cly., Evo Clutch Slave Cly., Evo Fender Eliminator, RSVR Mirrors (custom mounts), Custom Blue Dash, HID Headlight, Smoked Tail Light Lens, Integrated Turn Signals into Taillight, LEDs in Headlight & Taillight, LEDs Thru-out, SuperSprox +2 Rear Sprocket, Ariete Grips... (i'm sure there is more)

Bill

apriliaforum Member
    I have used these type for redoing fuel hose on pump

http://www.tools-supplies.co.uk/oeti...ring-354-c.asp
    Upon finding bits left over, refer to the photo you took midway through dismantling for reference.

Those are still the "crush" (for lack of a better term) type. And the ones the factory used clip together.

So really no-one knows where to get them???
    Custom paint, Powder Coated RSV Swing arm, RSV Shock, Anodized Rear Sets, Ti Hardware, Anodized (Blue) Fork Caps, SL Carbon Cans, SL Carbon Chip, Custom Airbox w/ K&N Filter, Evo Clutch Slave Cyl., CF Front Sprocket Cover, Rear Hugger, & Chain Guard, GP Shifter, Tuono Rear Brake Master Cly., Evo Clutch Slave Cly., Evo Fender Eliminator, RSVR Mirrors (custom mounts), Custom Blue Dash, HID Headlight, Smoked Tail Light Lens, Integrated Turn Signals into Taillight, LEDs in Headlight & Taillight, LEDs Thru-out, SuperSprox +2 Rear Sprocket, Ariete Grips... (i'm sure there is more)

Bill

Just get more of the Norma worm drive clamp instead.
    The OE click clamp is only used because its is easier at the factory to install and inspect.
    2001 RST Futura in stream Silver.
    Mods: Modified Öhlins fork from mille R, EBC brake discs, HEL front brakelines, Carbon RS 250 front fender, Wiring mod for charging. Engine related:05 map, Iridium plugs, tuneboy, derestriced intake, old mille airboot, staintunes exhaust. Lambda bung hardbrazed in the "breadbox". Öhlins mille R rear shock with 110N/mm spring and the integrated hydraulic preload adjuster. LED Voltmeter installed inside the dash for monitoring charging. Duc 999 radial m/c for brake and clutch. EBC 320mm brake discs
    NWS hugger. Equipment: Famsa tankbag,
    CBR 600 -07 MOSFET R&R FH008EE providing stable 14.4 - 14.5 V (with my wiring mod). Daytona heated grips with mccoi pwm controller and automatic chain oiler

Granted i've only seen the issue with the In Tank Fuel Line. But there have been issues with these tearing into lines. And was hoping to avoid this.

Bill

These european type worm drive clamps are smooth so they don´t tear the line.
    2001 RST Futura in stream Silver.
    Mods: Modified Öhlins fork from mille R, EBC brake discs, HEL front brakelines, Carbon RS 250 front fender, Wiring mod for charging. Engine related:05 map, Iridium plugs, tuneboy, derestriced intake, old mille airboot, staintunes exhaust. Lambda bung hardbrazed in the "breadbox". Öhlins mille R rear shock with 110N/mm spring and the integrated hydraulic preload adjuster. LED Voltmeter installed inside the dash for monitoring charging. Duc 999 radial m/c for brake and clutch. EBC 320mm brake discs
    NWS hugger. Equipment: Famsa tankbag,
    CBR 600 -07 MOSFET R&R FH008EE providing stable 14.4 - 14.5 V (with my wiring mod). Daytona heated grips with mccoi pwm controller and automatic chain oiler

If you HAVE to have factory clamps I would just buy them from the factory. Otherwise, go with any of the "crush" types. Just pay attention to what you're doing when you install them as it is possible to tighten them too much and crush the pipe. If I use oetikers I usually just buy them at the local hardware store and go with the crush type but I've had a lot of experience with them from a previous job. BTW, the "special tool" for installation is nothing more than an end cutter with dull edges.

apriliaforum expert ghostrider71's Avatar
    Bill -

When you get a line on fuel / coolant replacement parts....post it up -- I'm thinking 10 years is about time for me to start replacing all this shizzle!

Nate
    Since it was highly recommended, I put THEGEEK on ignore and the forum IS a much nicer place!!

Oetiker

Bill,

I have used the 2nd type in your pics.
    They are inside my fuel tank I was impressed with the quality and clamping force.

Readily available over here.
    'Before you criticise someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticise them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.'

Oetiker

Ps if you cant find them ill gladly buy a bunch and mail them to you.
    'Before you criticise someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticise them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.'

you can buy oetiker clamps on amazon.com I bought a kit and wrench, be aware as these are precision they come in a zillion diameters

http://www.amazon.com/Oetiker-SEPTLS...3928406&sr=8-1

NOTE: most of the kits are clamps ONLY, no crimper so you need to buy that too.
    Chris

a few bikes