Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: WSBK: Phillip Island 2012 (SPOILER)

apriliaforum Junkie
    WHAT A GREAT COUPLE RACES !!!!!! Max was on it today. If he rides with the same focus the rest of the year he will give Aprilia another championship. Great way to start the season.

Quote Originally Posted by jpbits View Post
    Must've been an imposter in biaggis leathers when he was waving at us after race one then
    I Like Biaggi, but standing between T2&3 for both races, no acknowledgment to the crowd (or marshals) there who where applauding his success in both races. Rasied a few comments in the group I was standing near. Every other rider seemed happy to do so.
    Always leave people better than you found them!

MG LeMans III
    MG 1200 Sport

apriliaforum expert Bill in OKC's Avatar
    I thoroughly enjoyed both races! I liked the 2nd race better, more air time for Biaggi and Aprilia as he worked his way up. I have not enjoyed a race that much in a long time. Woo Hooo way to go Aprilia! and thanks to Biaggi for making the most of a bad situation. That bike is incredible - hats off to to the team for their hard work.
    '02 RSVR '07 S4Rs '08 FXSTB '75 GT550 '74 H1 500

Brilliant !

I think Max performs better under pressure. When he was world champion he seemed to blow it.
    Tuono Racing + KTM 990 Adventure =

apriliaforum expert rs250slowpoke's Avatar
    Didnt see it posted anywhere, but there was a racer that died this wknd @ PI. I think he was a Aussie World Supersport racer....anybody else catch the story?

RIP
    2000 Aprilia RS250/CRF450 Hybrid.

That sucks, I hadn't heard anything about that. RIP Oscar.
    http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/te...225-1tvf9.html
    07 Tuono
    04 Honda 599
    04 Suzuki Z-400

Quote Originally Posted by ZutAlors View Post
    Praise the lawd and pass the ammunition?

apriliaforum expert The Commissar's Avatar
    That ZX10R is fucking impressive this year.

Johnny Rea and the CBR1000RR confirmed for biggest disappointment so far.

Also, were I Melandri I'd be writing up a new will with the way that BMW was pumping.

Quote Originally Posted by ckruzel View Post
    bring out the holy grail panagale then, its supposed to be the greatest thing since sliced bread
    I agree.. But people will say that it's being tested out in SuperStock first. I don't remember the RSV4 having a trial year in Superstock, but I may be wrong.
    IIRC, Aprilia took the plunge straight into WSBK class.

I took a look at the time sheets, Laverty's bike's top speed is extremely close to Biaggi's.. I don't think his bike is lacking in any way compared to Biaggi.

All in all, was an awesome Race 2.

Quote Originally Posted by bramo View Post
    Great riding by Biaggi but unfortunately he confirmed his reputation as a grade A cock. Didn't acknowledege the crowd once on either vicory lap and then apperently abused his team after race 2. Apparently it was there fault he ran off the track!
    The footage said differently as you could clearly see him waving to the crowd. He also didn't blame the crew, his brake lever was hit when he skimmed the back of Sykes' bike. He even said as much, on camera. Who's the hater?
    Michel
    "The best argument against democracy is a five minute conversation with the average voter" -Winston Churchill

2004 RSV-R Factory Sold and will be sorely missed.

apriliaforum Junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by rx7tt95 View Post
    The footage said differently as you could clearly see him waving to the crowd. He also didn't blame the crew, his brake lever was hit when he skimmed the back of Sykes' bike. He even said as much, on camera. Who's the hater?
    Whos the hater? Sound's like something a ten year old would say. Escuse me for expressing an opinion. I happened to watch him after both races ride from Doohan cnr through Siberia (thats about half the track) without so much as a glance at the crowd. I also know that he was the only top rider not to attend the Marshal's function at the end of the race and that he was abusng his crew after race 2.

As I said, it was an amazing performance. just a pity he couldn't spare a little bit of a connection with the crowd that had wholeheartedly cheered him on as he made his way through the field.

i don't hate him, I reserve that level of emotion for international despots, terrorists and my Grade 5 maths teacher.

Had to be 50c in the leathers yesterday ,I would not be able to scratch my ass.
    A parting Glass.

Quote Originally Posted by bramo View Post
    Whos the hater? Sound's like something a ten year old would say. Escuse me for expressing an opinion. I happened to watch him after both races ride from Doohan cnr through Siberia (thats about half the track) without so much as a glance at the crowd. I also know that he was the only top rider not to attend the Marshal's function at the end of the race and that he was abusng his crew after race 2.

As I said, it was an amazing performance. just a pity he couldn't spare a little bit of a connection with the crowd that had wholeheartedly cheered him on as he made his way through the field.

i don't hate him, I reserve that level of emotion for international despots, terrorists and my Grade 5 maths teacher.
    Actually being at the track means you see about 10% of what's going on at any given time. That you heard he "abused" his crew (pretty rough words), blamed them for going off track and then spread it like a bad rumor is something a 10-year-old would do. Just because a rider doesn't wave on a particular part of the track doesn't mean he didn't do it in a hell of a lot of other places. But hey, never let the facts actually ruin a good story.
    Michel
    "The best argument against democracy is a five minute conversation with the average voter" -Winston Churchill

2004 RSV-R Factory Sold and will be sorely missed.

apriliaforum Junkie
    Congratulations to aprilia for the excellent results obtained yesterday.

When a guy starts from death last and finishes 2nd makes you wonder about the other guys and teams. It makes the rest of the field look bad. If his team mate would have been 100% and showed off like him, people would most definitely cried fault!

Apparently, Biaggi is not a person-type individual, and he is not likable. Hes not going to change, so admire him as a racer and dont expect anything else from him.

Lastly, as questioned when Spies won the title: is it the bike or the rider? The bike is good no questions about it, but Biaggi made the difference.

I have to get me one of those aprilias....

Good races yesterday. Expecially Race 2.
    I have heard good and bad things about Max - good things from a forum member that talked to him at the airport after Indy a couple years ago.
    But, ..........
    He KICKED ASS in Race Two!! That V4 is a demonically good race bike. And Max played that thing like Randy Rhoads played guitar.
    So Max brushed his brake lever against Sykes? I was thinking that the Aprilia had the same front end problem from last year. Looks like I was wrong. I didn't see any other instances of Max over-cooking corner entrances like he did last year.

DM
    #1 Forum Magic Missile Caster

"I rode a Griso at when I used to work for Aprilia City in Melbourne. Probably the nicest bike ever" - Cosaro

"Maybe it's narcissistic but having a motorcycle that no one else is riding can make you feel like it was made especially for you"
    - Alexander George. Road & Track

2007 Moto Guzzi Griso
    1984 Moto Guzzi V65
    1988 Yamaha FZ750 rat bike

Writus Moderatus
    Ho-lee shit! After all of the hubub last season about the gear driven cam and how Aprilia was cheating, both races were a big STFU. Incredible top end speed, new track record, and a video game comeback to the podium. If he hadn't actually gone so far off track Biaggi might have challenged for the win.

Ducati's protests were expected, maybe even well founded. Except looking at the results Ducati's was well represented in both races in the top 10th, even the customer bikes. Not to mention they are still racing Tue outdated 1098r. We'll see where it all leads.

Checa's crash was scary, violently fast even in slow motion. Very glad that he is OK and was able to mount a comeback. Great showing for race 2.

All in all, that was a great start to the racing season.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast