Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 112

Thread: WSBK: Phillip Island 2012 (SPOILER)

  1. #46
    apriliaforum expert ARAIHEAD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    409 miles from JOHN 'O GROATS!
    Posts
    17,297
    Quote Originally Posted by Wot_bike_isit View Post
    SPOILERS Ozzies..........aaaargh!!!!!!!I don't get to see this til morning.
    You might think a clue could be in the thread title..........................."WSBK: Phillip Island 2012 (SPOILER)".......... as to whether someone could be posting about the race!!
    The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.

  2. #47
    apriliaforum expert Prilliant03's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Plymouth, Devon, England
    Posts
    6,006
    I'll be the first to admit I wasn't too impressed with Max in 2011, but if he can carry that kind of form throughout 2012 he's going to be hard to beat. Race 2 was one of the finest performances I've ever seen by any top class rider.

    As to Laverty's retirement, reports at this end are that he was suffering repeated false neutrals that were causing him to run on in corners. And of course he was riding with a broken bone in his hand. we've yet to see his best.
    "Life is like a sewer. You only get out of it what you put in."

    Tom Lehrer.

  3. #48
    apriliaforum expert fwagman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Here - usually
    Posts
    6,229
    After seeing R2, the non Aprilia teams should be crying foul over the speed of Biaggi's bike. To come from dead last to 2nd and to see him blow away Haslam's BM, Syke's Kwak & Rea's Honda over the start/finish line was unbelievable.

    I'm smelling some Noale fish ..............
    "Bite the pillow ........... I'm going in dry"



    Underneath my beard, there is no chin - Just another fist to pound you with.

  4. #49
    apriliaforum expert
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Hammond, Indiana - USA
    Posts
    3,343
    Quote Originally Posted by fwagman View Post
    After seeing R2, the non Aprilia teams should be crying foul over the speed of Biaggi's bike. To come from dead last to 2nd and to see him blow away Haslam's BM, Syke's Kwak & Rea's Honda over the start/finish line was unbelievable.

    I'm smelling some Noale fish ..............
    How are they going to slow down the Apes, make 'em switch from chain driven cams to belts?
    Hoosier, not hoser.
    2000.5 Mille R - Ti Shotguns & lots of Evo shtuff

  5. #50
    apriliaforum expert cggunnersmate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Cape Cod
    Posts
    3,056
    Congrats to Max. Sorry for Laverty. Why is it Aprilia can give Max a bike that rarely if ever breaks but his teammate's bikes seem to have all kinds of issues?
    Brent
    Chief Gunnersmate
    U.S. Coast Guard
    Cape Cod
    '03 Tuono
    '01 Speed Triple (RIP) 8/26/11

  6. #51
    apriliaforum Junkie klowry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Temecula, Ca.
    Posts
    488
    Did not take long for Ducati to start whinning!
    Phillip Island WSBK: Althea boss blasts weight rule
    26/02/2012


    Bevilacqua believes Biaggi will be hard to beat while carrying around a weight penalty

    By WSB desk
    Image by GeeBee Images

    Althea Ducati boss Genesio Bevilacqua has blasted the weight penalty handed out to his team under the FIM's parity rules after Aprilia's Max Biaggi came through from dead last to take second spot on the podium in yesterday's second World Superbike race.

    The Roman Emperor, who enjoys a 15km/h top speed advantage over Checa, took to the grass at 140mph going into Doohan's on lap one, re-joined the track and came back through the field to finish just seven seconds behind Checa. Bevilacqua is calling into question whether the penalty will hand Biaggi an unfair advantage.

    “After the crash in race one, we were worried that Carlos may be hurt but thankfully he wasn’t and was able to concentrate on the second race. I was disappointed to see that there are riders that can start from last position and finish second, while we are penalized with six extra kilos of weight. It will be hard to overcome this difficulty this season, even with a rider, a champion, of Carlos’ calibre," he said.

    Haven't we seen this somewhere before. Mr Wright?

  7. #52
    apriliaforum expert marksim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Leeds,York.Yorkshire
    Posts
    1,787
    Quote Originally Posted by klowry View Post
    Did not take long for Ducati to start whinning!
    Phillip Island WSBK: Althea boss blasts weight rule
    26/02/2012


    Bevilacqua believes Biaggi will be hard to beat while carrying around a weight penalty

    By WSB desk
    Image by GeeBee Images

    Althea Ducati boss Genesio Bevilacqua has blasted the weight penalty handed out to his team under the FIM's parity rules after Aprilia's Max Biaggi came through from dead last to take second spot on the podium in yesterday's second World Superbike race.

    The Roman Emperor, who enjoys a 15km/h top speed advantage over Checa, took to the grass at 140mph going into Doohan's on lap one, re-joined the track and came back through the field to finish just seven seconds behind Checa. Bevilacqua is calling into question whether the penalty will hand Biaggi an unfair advantage.

    “After the crash in race one, we were worried that Carlos may be hurt but thankfully he wasn’t and was able to concentrate on the second race. I was disappointed to see that there are riders that can start from last position and finish second, while we are penalized with six extra kilos of weight. It will be hard to overcome this difficulty this season, even with a rider, a champion, of Carlos’ calibre," he said.

    Haven't we seen this somewhere before. Mr Wright?
    I think he's got a point.
    Biaggi's bike is so fast but to be honest it was said before the start of the race on eurosport that Chubby Checka was'nt that chubby anymore and had already lost half of the weight penalty with his training and new diet.
    looks like its gunna be a good battle between the two and well done to Sykes on the kwaka.Expect him to go faster specially round the european circuits.He says this is his worse track and looking back at kawasakis history here he has a point.
    CURRENT BIKES
    Yamaha R6 Trackbike
    SUZUKI RGV 250 21 Jolly moto street
    KTM SUPERDUKE R Total hooligan
    YAMAHA RD 400F
    KAWASAKI KR1S Special

  8. #53
    apriliaforum expert
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Hammond, Indiana - USA
    Posts
    3,343
    Quote Originally Posted by marksim View Post
    I think he's got a point.
    Biaggi's bike is so fast but to be honest it was said before the start of the race on eurosport that Chubby Checka was'nt that chubby anymore and had already lost half of the weight penalty with his training and new diet.
    looks like its gunna be a good battle between the two and well done to Sykes on the kwaka.Expect him to go faster specially round the european circuits.He says this is his worse track and looking back at kawasakis history here he has a point.
    The point isn't how fast is Biaggi's bike relative to the Ducatis. The weight penalty is calibrated by the finishing position of the twins (Ducati is the only twin racing) vs the four-cylinder bikes. It seems that Aprilia knows how to build a faster bike than the rest of the field. Or perhaps some of the speed advantage goes to Max because of his compact size and weight. If Ducati wants to race under the same rules as the fours, then I guess they have to reduce their displacement by 200cc.
    Hoosier, not hoser.
    2000.5 Mille R - Ti Shotguns & lots of Evo shtuff

  9. #54
    apriliaforum expert Tdawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Pangaea
    Posts
    3,073
    Looks like all the Max's team chatter off season was for nothing.

    Seams the V4 customer teams get their machines with little time allowed for setup or testing.

  10. #55
    apriliaforum expert Chris_Mag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Beaverton, Oregon
    Posts
    2,781
    Sykes was commenting about the wind - some of the speed differential for Max might have been down to his size combined with the aero of the V4 at top speed.

    Both good races - the smoke pouring off Rea's rear at the end of race 2 was spectacular.
    CURRENT BIKE
    2011 RSV4R APRC
    RIP to my 2003 Tuono. May she live on within other's RSV's.



    "Stand up, you know what it means
    Wake up, time to live your dreams"

  11. #56
    apriliaforum expert maddad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Melbourne AUS
    Posts
    5,485
    It's good to see every one is back into real racing debates again ,this is going to be a fun year on here.
    A parting Glass.

  12. #57
    apriliaforum expert Prilliant03's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Plymouth, Devon, England
    Posts
    6,006
    The Aprilia wasn't just making the Ducs look slow, it was making the Kawas and BMWs look like they were stuck in 5th on the main straight too.

    Looks to me like Aprilia have just designed a faster bike than the opposition within the rules of the class. Surely that's the job they are paid to do.
    "Life is like a sewer. You only get out of it what you put in."

    Tom Lehrer.

  13. #58
    apriliaforum Junkie jpbits's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    gold coast, australia
    Posts
    281
    I was watching race 2 at turn 12 and while it can't be argued that the rsv4 is down on power the main reason max could blow by everyone on the straight was because he was getting brilliant drive off that last corner. Can't remember laverty passing everyone on the straight...
    An inspired race by biaggi, it shows how much stronger mentally he is now, if that had happened a couple of years ago max probably would've had a meltdown inside his helmet then crashed whilst trying to pass the first back marker.

  14. #59
    apriliaforum expert Wot_bike_isit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Santa Barbara CA USA
    Posts
    3,441
    Quote Originally Posted by badkat View Post
    'Tiz the race season now, I presume any thread discussing the race leading up to it will be fair game to have results bandied about also. .
    Yeah I know, I didn't miss the spoiler title either. I just forgot about the fact that PI is so far ahead time wise and wasn't expecting to see a result already when I checked out the thread last night.

    Just seen the races...Biaggi's aprilia has got a bit steam.
    "The medium girls over there......It is a disaster!"
    Rossi
    "For me ees niice...no problem!"
    Cappirossi

  15. #60
    apriliaforum expert potere's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Monterey CA
    Posts
    3,432
    So Ed, gonna be selling that R on Monday?
    potere - italian for power
    have M1 permit, will travel

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •