Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Performance mods for the Tuono V4

I,m interrested to in a better(less) fueling. In europe fuel is very expensive. When i ride in France the fuel station are rare so in that case its a good Solution to. I'm waiting on that bazzaz cable ( for tuonov4) so i can try to make a better map via bazzaz fueling module. For the moment a have a 30 mpg with the only mod the block off plates.
    What I notice before, on my rsv4 factory to, in cold wheater he takes a lot more and by cold start it is amazing how much fuel he needs. Whith the bazzaz install (rsv4) i managed to Decrease consumation,not that much but from 30 to 36 mpg.
    bartho

My RACE mapped ECU is on the way
    ScottyDog

Linkage Tester !

In The Garage

1. Tuono V4 in super fast Yellow, 15/42, Werkes pipe, Race ECU, Oz Forged Wheels, Aprilia Touring Screen, Revalved Forks & Shock, heated grips, CRG Bar End mirrors, Ventura Rack, Carbon side fairings, Baher Intercom, Mana raised bars, Seat Recovered, Nitrous kit, super charger, shitty Chinese folding levers & a flashy sticker that makes me faster...

2. GSXR K7 Track bike, all in bits after being knocked off at turn 1 Hampton Downs . Other rider banned for 2 months!

Micah, what options are there for the Velocity Stacks? Others may wish to try out & test too.

Has anyone done the block off plates in the tuono?
    Last edited by scott2ride; 03-25-2012 at 03:57 PM.
    ScottyDog

Linkage Tester !

In The Garage

1. Tuono V4 in super fast Yellow, 15/42, Werkes pipe, Race ECU, Oz Forged Wheels, Aprilia Touring Screen, Revalved Forks & Shock, heated grips, CRG Bar End mirrors, Ventura Rack, Carbon side fairings, Baher Intercom, Mana raised bars, Seat Recovered, Nitrous kit, super charger, shitty Chinese folding levers & a flashy sticker that makes me faster...

2. GSXR K7 Track bike, all in bits after being knocked off at turn 1 Hampton Downs . Other rider banned for 2 months!

Honest always, feared often Micah / AF1 Racing's Avatar
    I am not aware of any optional throttle bodies at this time. As precise as the electronics are any replacement would have to be an "OEM" type option.

Should I ever find me a crashed up cheap 09-10'RSV4 Factory I want to do cables, stand alone EMS and a split rack of Busa TB's. I am weird though. A carb conversion would be fun too for a really simplified Tuono!
    Diminished expectations is the key to happiness in life.

Micah Shoemaker
    AF1 Racing
    699 W. San Antonio
    New Braunfels, TX 78130
    830-626-3966
    micah@af1racing.com

Do someone now when the bazzaz cable will be there for the Tuono V4? Or will you(Micah) flash or remap the original ECU with Ecunleashed or something like that?
    bartho

Honest always, feared often Micah / AF1 Racing's Avatar
    Do not know on Bazzaz yet. I assume fairly soon, it looks like 2003 all over again, the new Tuono will outsell the previous use of the chassis and motor in the RSV4. Probably right at 3-4 times as many tuonos I am guessing will be sold.

Velocity stacks that I know of are, Tuono V4, rsv4r and rsv4 factory. I was just going to get stock sets to try out. All are a little different length.
    Diminished expectations is the key to happiness in life.

Micah Shoemaker
    AF1 Racing
    699 W. San Antonio
    New Braunfels, TX 78130
    830-626-3966
    micah@af1racing.com

apriliaforum Member standrewscross's Avatar
    Is there any downside do the flapper valve disablement? Just curious if the air flow alteration will miss with any of the sensors...

Nope. Disable the flapper. All good
    ScottyDog

Linkage Tester !

In The Garage

apriliaforum expert
    Scott-

You left off one extremely important mod.....

The GEAR INDICATOR MOD!!!!
    2004 RSVR Factory

apriliaforum Member standrewscross's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by scott2ride View Post
    Nope. Disable the flapper. All good
    Disabled and loving it, just went down a tooth as well and seems like a better compromise for citying riders.

Quote Originally Posted by benya View Post
    Scott-
    You left off one extremely important mod.....
    The GEAR INDICATOR MOD!!!!
    Funny you should say that... As the Gear indicator is now standard I have come up with a way to disable it!

Though in hindsight, a bit of sticking plaster on your dash does look tacky!
    ScottyDog

Linkage Tester !

In The Garage

Can this thread be stickied ?

Will answer loads of q for new comers.
    ================================
    Stu's travels
    Youtube channel

Quote Originally Posted by stu_h View Post
    Can this thread be stickied ?

Will answer loads of q for new comers.
    I have asked Amauri if he can Sticky it. Hopefully its not a problem.
    ScottyDog

Linkage Tester !

In The Garage

just another Aprilia fanatic amauri's Avatar
    Southern California between Los Angeles and OC
    Making a sticky thread out of this is a good idea as long as we can trim it down to only the essential info.

We need to keep it short enough so that new TV4 owners will read it completely, without off topic distractions.
    Also, as we all gain experience with this new bike, we may realize that some of the initial ideas being discussed here may not work as well as we thought.

I can make it sticky as long as you all understand that some posts will be trimmed or edited/updated from time to time.
    Never accept mediocrity, always demand competence.

Certified Aprilia Moto Service in Southern California
    Call me at 714 892-4056 for appointment

Quote Originally Posted by standrewscross View Post
    Is there any downside do the flapper valve disablement? Just curious if the air flow alteration will miss with any of the sensors...
    Is this the one before the slipon ?

Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast