Page 3 of 35 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Performance mods for the Tuono V4

Possibly because as soon as you put it in gear and the valve is fully open its full rukus.

The map also changes fly by wire sensor for a much better throttle response. (you here it re calibrating when hooked up to the navigator)

And you get more ignition timing which means more fuel which means go faster not further.

apriliaforum newb
    That's good to hear stickers! I've got a filter, just waiting to see how I go updating the mapping. How did you go about it? Was your dealer able to load the race map for you?

You plug your dike up to the navigator at your dealership this lets them get the serial number from you ecu.

Then they send this with a fabricated akrapovic receipt number to aprilia.

Then aprilia send the navigator codes to upload the RACE map for your bike usually within 24 hours.

Just did this update today. All I can say is, JUST DO IT!! It has transformed my bike. It is soooo smoooth. Best money I have spent on it so far, brilliant!
    Talk to Sean at Brisbane Aprilia aka Springwood Suzuki. Tell him Wayne sent you, he will fix you up.

apriliaforum newb
    That's awesome news fellas! Exactly what I wanted to hear! Muchas Gracias

apriliaforum newb
    Hey Swannie, how much did Springwood charge you for the re-map?

Sounds intresting .. May i ask do you have same crappy fuel in Aus like in Us ? or same from eu

BP ultimate 98 octane

Oki , nice .

Spring is on its way here now

Had anyone tried any other velocity stacks in the tuono?

I've also updated the performance mods advice at the start of the thread
    ScottyDog

Official Aprilia Linkage Tester !

In The Garage

1. Tuono V4 1100 RF, 15/42, Austin Racing GP1RR 70mm pipe, Race ECU, heated grips, CRG Bar End mirrors, Hepco-Becker sports Rack with Givi box when touring, Baher Intercom, Nitrous kit, super charger, shitty Chinese folding levers & a flashy sticker that makes me faster...

2. Merc C63 Coupe 507 AMG (Currently in repair)

3. Toyota Prado VX SUV

apriliaforum newb
    Hey swannie007, I must of mist where you mentioned if you did the remap (race map) using OEM exhaust or a slip on? Thanks for letting me know.
    By the way, does yours get really hot riding in traffics. I saw 108 deg riding last week in Bris?

Hey Olloza, I had the remap done with my Werkes slip-on. Yes, mine does get hot riding in traffic, I have seen 105 deg in the past.

apriliaforum Junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by swannie007 View Post
    Just did this update today. All I can say is, JUST DO IT!! It has transformed my bike. It is soooo smoooth. Best money I have spent on it so far, brilliant!
    Talk to Sean at Brisbane Aprilia aka Springwood Suzuki. Tell him Wayne sent you, he will fix you up.
    Did mine today with a stock pipe, after a short run it feels great, much better behaved under 4K in city riding and very tricky how the exhaust valve opens when you pop it into gear and closes when you stop, even when you walk it forward or backwards in N it opens, it has made a noticeable difference to the db through the lower rev range.

Thanks Wayne for announcing it & thanks to the very helpful guy's at SS.

GUV.

Quote Originally Posted by GUV View Post
    Did mine today with a stock pipe, after a short run it feels great, much better behaved under 4K in city riding and very tricky how the exhaust valve opens when you pop it into gear and closes when you stop, even when you walk it forward or backwards in N it opens, it has made a noticeable difference to the db through the lower rev range.

Thanks Wayne for announcing it & thanks to the very helpful guy's at SS.

GUV.
    You are most welcome. It is always good to spread the good word and help out friends. By the way, have you purchased an aftermarket muffler yet? I ask as I will be putting my Werkes pipe up for sale in a few weeks as I have ordered another pipe and it should be at home when I get back for my next R&R. I will then remove the Werkes pipe and replace it with the new one. The ONLY reason I am replacing it is because I prefer the looks of something else, it is in perfect condition and I will make you a sweet deal if you are interested.

I like no.10... Stu, make it happen so that i can watch you doing torque wheelies all over the hills :P

Page 3 of 35 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast