Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: which pro would you like to spend a trackday with?

Lot's of predictable answers to this thread: Schwantz, Rossi, Chandler, etc.

For me, the question is easy. I would love to do a track day with Melissa Paris. Just don't tell Josh...

Ride safe.

BikerGeek

Current rides:
    2006 Saab 9.3 Aero Convertible
    2010 Ford Transit Connect
    Titus Loco-Moto MTB bike

Bikes owned previously:
    2007.5 Aprilia Tuono Factory
    2006 Kawasaki Ninja 650R
    2000.5 Aprilia Mille
    2001 Aprilia Falco
    2001 Aprilia RS50
    1999 Aprilia RS250
    2001 Triumph Sprint RS
    2003 Triumph Daytona 600
    Fisher Joshua X FS bike
    Cannondale CAAD-3 hardtail
    Fisher Utopia city bike
    Psycle Werks Wild Hare FS bike
    Raleigh road bike

...Faster than some...Slower than most

I think I'd have to go with Ben Bostrom. I spoke with him for a while at Miller last year and really came away with a positive feeling about the guy.
    CURRENT BIKE
    2011 RSV4R APRC
    RIP to my 2003 Tuono. May she live on within other's RSV's.

"Stand up, you know what it means
    Wake up, time to live your dreams"

apriliaforum Junkie
    Gaz McCoy has been doing some coaching at my club recently, best bit was that people didn't know, the club said very little, they turned up for their coaching day and here is a multiple gp winner at a little local club to do some coaching.

I would like to do a day with Edwards or Bayliss and bike would have to be any 250 gp, the KTM would be nice

apriliaforum Junkie
    1st, Texas Tornado Boot Camp. www.texastornadobootcamp.com
    2nd, Troy Bayliss Experience. www.troybaylissexperience.com.au
    03 Tuono. 00 inlet boot, K&n filter, Derestricted, Akra 2-2 exhaust, PCIII/USB, Acculign rear sets, MSS bellypan, CRG LS mirrors, zero gravity screen, Ventura luggage,Forged Aluminium Marchesini Wheels, intergrated led indicators.

DOWN UNDER
    THUNDER

apriliaforum Member
    For me it would have to be either Dave Aldana or Nick Ienatsch.

I did the team hammer school in '96 with DA as the instructor and loved his easygoing style. I met Nick at the Cycle World show at the Yamaha booth and then saw his demonstration for his school and was impressed. There are a lot of fast guys out there, not everyone can be a teacher. Same for all walks of life, I'm a tool and die maker and really good at it but I suck showing others how to do it.

Foggy and Whit. Be a giggle. Good northern lads who tell it like it is.
    www.tuonoworld.com

A gut full of ale and a head full of magic.

apriliaforum expert norcolmille's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cggunnersmate View Post
    Easy, Colin Edwards at the new Texas track when/if they get it finished. You could spend the day riding and hanging with Edwards and probably get to go shoot some of his guns afterwards. Check out his "Boot Camp". Looks like tons of fun.

As far as production bike, RSV4 APRC or maybe the MV Agusta F3.
    Ditto - a great guy
    present

Healing - looking for a "new" aprilia
    Last "Nera" RSVR sold to a good home

5 past Apes and other rides too numerous to mention

I think max biaggi is a personable fellow... hahaha not! He came off as a total tool-box last year when i was at miller for wsbk. Could have been because the whole crashing thing in the first lap of race 1.

I think i'd go with casey stoner or gary mccoy. Both seem like theyd have fun riding with you for a day and giving tips and stuff.
    Current stable:
    2004 RSV 1000 R black

Previous:
    2008 RSV 1000 R silver... Sold
    1981 Honda Goldwing(not a joke!)... Sold
    2004 RSV 1000 R white... Sold
    2000 RSV Mille... Sold
    2004 RSV 1000 R Factory... Parted out

Kiss french... Ride Italian.

apriliaforum Member
    I've had the great pleasure of riding with several pros over the years -

Ben Bostrom at the East Course at Miller in 2007 - as a part of a charity auction he donated a 1 hour one- on- one lesson. I won the auction and they closed the course to everyone but us for one hour. I learned a ton in that hour and literally took seconds off of my laptime. By the end we were approaching the course record at that time. Ben is as nice as he appears on TV. Friendly, jovial and an excellent teacher. Near the end of the lesson I had an off - we spent a lot of time standing on the track analyzing what happened and what I could have done to prevent it. It was truly an awesome experience.

Jakub Smrz - I own and operate a trackday company here in Colorado and I've been very lucky to attract some high level talent to my events over the years. Jakub joined us in 2009 at High Plains Raceway - while he didn't do any teaching that day, he did show us what stock Ducatis were capable of doing in trained hands.

Jason DiSalvo- Another super nice guy, he came to one of my events in 2009 and again last year. He and his dad both showed up and again, he showed us what stock motorcycles were capable of.

Each of these exchanges was fully pleasant, every one of these guys was an ambassador for the sport and the brands they represented.

To do it again - I'd love to spend another hour on track with Ben - I came away from that experience with nothing but enhanced riding skills, a great story and the want for more.

S

See for me it would 100% about having fun, it wouldn't bother me If I didn't learn a damn thing, just out there having McCoy slide by me 5 times a lap, yes he would lap me 5 times by the time I did 1 lap
    #1 Forum Mod Pisser-Offer

Some say a comet will fall from the sky. Followed by meteor showers and tidal waves. Followed by faultlines that cannot sit still. Followed by millions of dumbfounded dipshits. Some say the end is near. Some say we'll see armageddon soon. I certainly hope we will
    I sure could use a vacation from this stupid shit, silly shit, stupid shit... One great big festering neon distraction, I've a suggestion to keep you all occupied. Learn to swim!!!

Quote Originally Posted by duc slayer View Post
    See for me it would 100% about having fun, it wouldn't bother me If I didn't learn a damn thing, just out there having McCoy slide by me 5 times a lap, yes he would lap me 5 times by the time I did 1 lap
    I'm with you on this. I rode at Eastern Ck with Troy Bayliss many, many years ago and each time he lapped me, I just couldn't wait for it to happen again. Just wonderful to watch the control and skill up close.

Quote Originally Posted by duc slayer View Post
    This is my take too. I am not a racer but I do have fun out on the track. I'd pick Danny Eslick. Dude can ride, and the after party would kickass. I'd let him pick the bikes, stipulating sessions on sportbikes and supermotos both.
    Rolf
    '06 ZX14- Docile Beast; '04 625SXC Motard ; '07 KLR685; '86 FXRD
    IBA# 10456

Past:
    '07 Mojito Custom; '03 Tuono; '92 750SS race bike; '07 FJR 1300
    many others

I reckon nitro nori would he pretty cool to do one with being the sumari of slide?
    And he could write down his training regime for ya before he got married, but of course just to hang out with would be cool?
    But in reality I think any rider on the international circuit would be awesome .

It's funny... when I was at Miller, those 3 were the guys I spoke to... Smrz was rolling around in a golf cart and let me stop him to chat for 5 mins or so. Bostom and I spoke for 10-15 minutes and he seemed perfectly happy to have me hang around his garage for a bit (his pit crew was really nice also). Jason was off by himself and was super-friendly after I introduced myself as a friend of a friend (ex Muzzy mechanic Sage Wilkinson).

The other rider I really enjoyed chatting to was Scott Russell. He warmed up quickly after I expressed my preference of his annoucing over Ralph Shaheen.

Haga was good about signing an autograph - he even let a few people into his garage (not me though).

Camier seemed pretty friendly. Biaggi was not, at least when I saw him - always in a hurry.

I had hoped to meet Johnny Rea but he was visibly upset after race one.
    CURRENT BIKE
    2011 RSV4R APRC
    RIP to my 2003 Tuono. May she live on within other's RSV's.

"Stand up, you know what it means
    Wake up, time to live your dreams"

Nobody. I look like enough of an idiot already.
    Bikes:
    2007.5 Tuono-Black, with 1102cc's of micah's badness!
    2012 Griso-Silver and black, Agostini pipe, some carbon bits.
    2006 Vespa GT200-bitubo suspension all around, Malossi big-bore, head and cam, Akrapovic pipe, all put together by Micah.

gone 2002 Caponord-Oyster gray (as faithful as a hound dog)
    gone Futura-Red (on the AF1 showroom floor. Get some.)

The more I learn about people, the more I appreciate rocks.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast