Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ipotesys Moto Guzzi Griso

Quote Originally Posted by abouc View Post
    Can you expand on the mechanical flaws that would make this bike unrideable, Pete? Aesthetics are personal preference, but what technical errors have been made in the creation of this custom? I'm a designer by trade and freely admit to having little understanding of engineering.
    The exhausts are an un-tuned disaster, the induction side is likewise entirely unscientific, unless the ECU has been entirely re-mapped and the bike re-cammed with something far more 'Conventional' for a 4V motor it is going to suffer even more than a more standard bike from the problems caused by stuffing about with pipes and induction.

Ergonomically its a disaster and aesthetically it is a mish-mash of 'Modernist' styling cues none of which work well together. the term 'Flacid whale penis' was used to describe it elsewhere. Seemed fair to me.

Pete
    Professional Goat Burster.

You have mentioned many times before that there's not a whole lot that can be done with the 4V motors to improve upon performance. Thanks for the info.

Honestly, the ergonomics of the Ipothesys don't look all that bad for a cafe style bike, especially with the adjustable pegs. It's clearly not meant as a daily rider.

What really needs to happen is for Guzzi to produce a Le Mans version of the Griso. That would be fantastic. Give it enough fuel capacity to go 200 miles between fills and it would be even better.
    2013 Triumph Bonneville SE
    2012 Triumph Tiger 800
    2002 Moto Guzzi V11 Le Mans
    1999 Honda XR70r

--

Quote Originally Posted by fwagman View Post
    Use your bum hole as a guide ....... if it's tightening, you are getting out of your comfort zone so back off.
    Quote Originally Posted by pete roper View Post
    I fart in the face of his 'Double Overhead Cam'!

What really needs to happen is for Guzzi to produce a Le Mans version of the Griso. That would be fantastic. Give it enough fuel capacity to go 200 miles between fills and it would be even better.
    Ooooooooooh. You are a Bad Man. Bad. Bad.

DM
    #1 Forum Magic Missile Caster

"Maybe it's narcissistic but having a motorcycle that no one else is riding can make you feel like it was made especially for you"
    - Alexander George. Road & Track

2007 Moto Guzzi Griso
    1984 Moto Guzzi V65
    1988 Yamaha FZ750 rat bike

Its called a 1200 Sport. I get 350K's out of mine before the reserve light even thinks of coming on, it solo's, 2 up tours and has enough grunt for a spirited day out on the road. Its no darling in the looks department but is such a great no fuss all rounder. Love mine to bits. I just don't understand why it needs to look half as big again as the LM Mark 3 it lives next to (the tank capacity the same size and engine are of the same roots.)
    Always leave people better than you found them!

MG LeMans III
    MG 1200 Sport

Quote Originally Posted by OZSLR View Post
    Its called a 1200 Sport. I get 350K's out of mine before the reserve light even thinks of coming on, it solo's, 2 up tours and has enough grunt for a spirited day out on the road. Its no darling in the looks department but is such a great no fuss all rounder. Love mine to bits. I just don't understand why it needs to look half as big again as the LM Mark 3 it lives next to (the tank capacity the same size and engine are of the same roots.)
    I can't speak for everyone, but it's the "looks dept." that's a factor for me.

Personally, I would like the styling of the new V7 Cafe racer with the bigger engine. The V7 is a smart looking bike but it's just a little small for my frame (6'1"-ish). I honestly don't know if a slightly larger V7 Racer would work either aesthetically and/or financially...?

I'm still bummed that I had a chance to pick up a pretty good condition 1st gen 850 LeMans years ago, and I didn't...still kicking myself.
    -Randall
    .....Sed quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    Three great forces rule the world: ignorance, fear and greed

Not to stir Mr. Roper's pot, but here goes ...

http://www.bikeexif.com/griso-custom...28Bike+EXIF%29
    "If you make a habit out of slathering yourself in bacon grease and streaking through the tiger habitat at the zoo, is it really a surprise when you end up as a tiger turd?"
    -JodyH

Max reflects.
    Get your mind right.

What a Gnarly Radical exhaust!

Name:  Ipothesys exhaust.jpg
Views: 1423
Size:  120.3 KB

"Maybe it's narcissistic but having a motorcycle that no one else is riding can make you feel like it was made especially for you"

2007 Moto Guzzi Griso
    1984 Moto Guzzi V65

Name:  member_5645633.jpeg
Views: 894
Size:  17.7 KB
    still think this is the best looking Griso out there
    Ray

I really like this type of Guzzi, and I too would be right in line for an MGS-02 if they made one. But I look at the seat to bars to foot peg ratios and don't really see how you could sit on it as to me it looks like your knees would be right at the heads?
    I am the Nightrider! I am a fuel-injected suicide machine! I am a rocker! I am a roller! I am an out-of-controller! I am the Chosen One! The mighty hand of Vengeance! Sent down to strike the unroadworthy! I'm hotter than a rolling dice! Step right up, chum, and watch the kid lay down a rubber road right to freedom!

I know Guzzi's look like that but...
    I have never noticed it. Not an issue.
    If you really have an issue with knees and heads get a smallblock (the new V7 is one).

DM

2007 Moto Guzzi Griso
    1984 Moto Guzzi V65

apriliaforum expert Bill in OKC's Avatar
    '02 RSVR '07 S4Rs '08 FXSTB '75 GT550 '74 H1 500 project

I'm not a fan of the Luca Bar concept at all. Why on earth would someone want to make a Guzzi version of the RSV4? The RSV4 doesn't need to be remade? And why would one want to create brand confusion like this? The Hossak suspension looks like some sort of flipper baby's birth-defect forearms. Aside from the engine, nothing about this says "Moto Guzzi".

...now I sound like Pete. :-)
    2013 Triumph Bonneville SE
    2012 Triumph Tiger 800
    2002 Moto Guzzi V11 Le Mans
    1999 Honda XR70r

--

Quote Originally Posted by fwagman View Post
    Use your bum hole as a guide ....... if it's tightening, you are getting out of your comfort zone so back off.
    Quote Originally Posted by pete roper View Post
    I fart in the face of his 'Double Overhead Cam'!

...now I sound like Pete. :-)
    There is a time and a place for everything. And that was the right time to sound like Pete.

DM

2007 Moto Guzzi Griso
    1984 Moto Guzzi V65

Why on earth would someone want to make a Guzzi version of the RSV4? Aside from the engine, nothing about this says "Moto Guzzi".
    I think its ugly as a robbers dog! The way the cylinder heads protrude over the frame is particularly odd. And I agree, there is nothing about it that says Guzzi. How all that low slung weight would work in that frame is beyond me.

I would still like to see the Griso with the Sport1200 headlight, fairing (but with a clear insert in place of the soli white) and white faced gauges (reminiscent of the LM3 triple dials). Add some "practical" clipons, twin black pipes (1 either side of course), and painted in the red and black that was the traditional scheme of the LeMans, and they have my perfect modern Guzzi. The way the Griso tank works with the line of the seat is typical of that era, as are the side covers underneath the tank.
    Always leave people better than you found them!

MG LeMans III
    MG 1200 Sport

Yeah, I just threw up in my mouth a lot.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Moto-Guzzi-sport-bike-Luca-Bar-Design.jpg 
Views:	6894 
Size:	115.6 KB 
ID:	187571
    "If you make a habit out of slathering yourself in bacon grease and streaking through the tiger habitat at the zoo, is it really a surprise when you end up as a tiger turd?"
    -JodyH

Max reflects.
    Get your mind right.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast