Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: questions about my sr50

apriliaforum expert
    You have no need to worry about riding a de-restricted 50cc in the uk age 16!... I did it all last year and ill be going it on my MX125 by riding it as it is (de-restricted ~33bhp) and legally im only allowed 13ish i believe! Im not sure about them test riding them during the MOT i dont believe they do as if the engine is knocking then that's nothing to do with the bike being road worthy or not.

apriliaforum newb
    Hi thanks for the advice but i would prefer to keep legal as it may affect my chances (if caught) of getting a bigger bike or car later on. How much was your insurance (i plan on getting third party fire and theft). The lads around my way all have restricted bikes so i had better be the same or they will get jealous.

apriliaforum expert
    You can get the washer from aprilia direct, your honestly best off with it de-restricted, give's you the power to get out off sticky situations easily, and with the police thing your more likely to get pulled over on a restricted bike as there usually wondering why your going so slow!

apriliaforum newb
    Thanks i will call them to order the caliper seals and the washer at the same time, I can see why it is safer to have it de-restricted but in a crash the bike will be checked over and find that it's de-restricted making the insurance invalid...as much as i would love to have the speed when i need it, how much was your insurance?.

apriliaforum expert
    The bike wouldn't be checked, my friend was in a crash on 08, the resulting claim is still on going and at the moment stands at 115,000 he had to have 3 brain ops to release pressure on his brain.

His bike was de-restricted and did more than 31mph, The bike was never checked and to add to my point further went directly from his house (where the recovery company dropped it off after the crash) straight to the scrap yard due to the state off the bike!

My insurance age 16 was 305 TPF&T

apriliaforum newb
    i am really sorry to hear about your friend hope that everything works out for him, many thanks for all your responses to my questions they have been a big help to me my indicators are playing up (the front right is not flashing or even turning on ) do u know where i can find the relay for them (if there is one)thanks again. If it helps i don't have a battery currently on the bike.

apriliaforum expert
    Electrical's are really not for me... better asking a brick wall if im honest -.-

apriliaforum newb
    Hi there i have found a variator restriction on pedparts for 0.98
    I was wondering how much the scooter would be worth now
    The following has been replaced or renewed:
    new spark plug
    all the indicator, brake bulbs and two new super white halogen bulbs (20w)
    sanded down panels and glossy black paint job
    powder coated panel screws
    front and rear brake pads have lots of material(can't remember the name)
    castrol fork oil
    prestone 50/50 ready mixed coolant (system flushed)
    putoling racing gear oil
    variator bearings - kickstart and speedo cleaned and regreased
    new radiator hose clips
    exhaust has been sanded and re-sprayed with high temp paint
    new battery
    brake fluid topped up front and rear
    tyres have good tread.
    also i am a bit worried about leaving the scoot during the day at college,that someone might decide to ruin or break my bike is there anyway to prevent this?(i don't normally make enemies with people i normally am quiet and shy. thank you in advance. this page took three attempts to write as the site logged me out and then my pc lost connection to the internet
    Last edited by aprilia1996; 03-04-2012 at 07:51 PM.

apriliaforum expert
    I thought you needed this tyo drive ? Whats it worth A lot less when a Kid owns i can tell ya that. Not to be funny but about as bad as buying something female owned good luck ..Sorry to the Few that know whats going on .. Given the year and all mods if any have been reversed and restricted i do not no tyre condition or how they look etc if the bike looks really good appearence wise slick etc maybe 5-800$ usa cash if you could find a buyer ive an 04 here with all race stickers on it from factory needs little but here in usa kids or drunks

Quote Originally Posted by tomd View Post
    I thought you needed this tyo drive ? Whats it worth A lot less when a Kid owns i can tell ya that. Not to be funny but about as bad as buying something female owned good luck ..Sorry to the Few that know whats going on .. Given the year and all mods if any have been reversed and restricted i do not no tyre condition or how they look etc if the bike looks really good appearence wise slick etc maybe 5-800$ usa cash if you could find a buyer ive an 04 here with all race stickers on it from factory needs little but here in usa kids or drunks
    Just reading your reply gave me a headache!

apriliaforum expert
    whats it worth 96 or sr50 kid owned ?

apriliaforum newb
    Quote Originally Posted by tomd View Post
    whats it worth 96 or sr50 kid owned ?
    I am the 5th owner, And i know these 50cc scoots get sold/passed on quickly as they are only owned for a year. well i am trying to restore the bike to look as good as it can renewing worn parts and upgrading some parts, this is my first project so i am still learning but i am pretty good with my hands and mechanical things anyway and i have a Haynes manual to help. I don't think i have done too badly considering it's my first time with something like this.anyway thanks for the info

Stop being a wimp and de restrict it :P Just kidding, it's your choice.

But many bielive it's unsafe to be doing 30mph on a road thats got a 50mph speed limit. I don't know a single person at my college with a restricted scoot. Nor do i know anyone who's been done for it. My friend got dyno tested and it did 63 but they let him off! I rode past a police car at about 50 and they didn't bat an eyelid.
    I love the police

Scooter laws and rules are crazy in some areas. But then again, they probably wouldn't be crazy if it wasn't an actual problem.

apriliaforum newb
    Hi,
    When i got my bike it had no coolant in the system only a little in the head, because i later found that it was leaking from the head. I have already taken the head off and replaced the gaskets but still it is leaking coolant. How can i solve this?
    what i think has caused this is the previous owner using the bike with no coolant in the system causing the bike to get too hot warping the head? please let me know your ideas thanks.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast